KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

1. 1.0

Mind Numbingly Bad

Sep 20, 2018 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent commissions Coworkers are cool and you make interesting contacts

Cons

terrible company to work for! I was here just a few months, but that was enough. There is no structure and little training, management comes into the office whenever they want (usually after 2 pm) and there is no team cohesion. Even worse, Roy Spencer (the owner/manager) pays salaries late, commissions late and if you resign, won't pay you your last months salary or outstanding commissions. Avoid at all costs!

6 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good place - lots to learn

Dec 8, 2020 - Recruitment Manager in Manama
    Business Outlook

Pros

GC is the best place for people looking to learn and develop their skills. I worked in GC for 8 months but I learnt more in GC than any other company I worked! You learn a lot about creating connections with clients and candidates and how to detect time-wasters in this tough market! Also every time you fill a position you get a commission, although it’s small you feel motivated and it makes you want to push through especially during the disappointing times. You learn a lot about the culture and work ethic of your clients and that gives you an idea on what type of candidate they expect and other matters as well.

Cons

It’s a tough market so whoever joins should be ready to work hard and get used to disappointments but that wasn’t a con for me as I looked at it as a challenge. The only con for me was the daily 2 hour lectures and constant questioning/bullying sessions. I got very stressed and it affected my health to the extent that I spent my final settlement on recovering.

3. 3.0

Good company

Jun 27, 2021 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great group of people within the company. Developed a family oriented culture

Cons

- No clear career plan/growth

4. 4.0

Fantastic boutique firm

May 6, 2021 - Senior Recruitment Manager in Abū Şaybi`
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great family team environment and a good mix of work and play.

Cons

Hard to get promoted as there is a ‘flat’ structure

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Freedom to build my own desk!

Nov 8, 2020 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Manama
    Business Outlook

Pros

An easy open management style, where I was given the freedom to successfully build a 360 desk focussed on the financial services market. Friendly and supportive colleagues who all push each other for the better.

Cons

Sometimes the constant targets and KPI are frustrating but understandable.

6. 3.0

Was fun but not serious

Oct 27, 2020 - Manager in Hong Kong
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun enough, there was never a dull day.

Cons

Not Serious enough needed to move on to grow

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Horrible company with senior management that enjoys harassing employees

May 17, 2019 - Recruiter in Manama
    Business Outlook

Pros

None! Unless you consider harassment as a pro

Cons

The environment is very toxic as the “senior manager” is very crazy and enjoyed harassing me on a daily basis! Most of the time his advice was towards meaningless personal matters that had nothing to do with the company! He would constantly mock me about my personal choices. He really enjoyed bullying!!! Bayden Tierney was very barbaric with his attitude towards me as he was not able to deliver any positive business results so he had to blame it on the new person! He has stayed til now because he is the son in law of the co owner. However, his days and the company’s days are numbered..

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Suited me just fine!

Jul 21, 2019 - Recruiter in Manama
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work times. Great brand. Management support was great. Part-time option.

Cons

Target driven industry. Very KPI orientated.

9. 2.0

low career prospect

May 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

no OT, freedom in the workplace

Cons

little to no training program client pays late resulting in late commission payments. small client base company downgrade office from HK island to Lai Chi Kok wasted of time joining this company

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0

Very Shady Business - DO NOT JOIN

Sep 14, 2018 - Researcher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Your day-to-day colleagues are great.

Cons

I joined Gulf Connexions as a fresh grad and was promised the chance to be trained, developed, and brought up to be a 360 recruiter "The Gulf Way". However, the first thing I noticed is: A) there is no training program B) There is no management, just the owner, who is never around C) everyone around me was resigning. It soon became apparent, that there is no "Gulf Way" (unless you count breaking the law by paying employees late or fighting to keep wages low). I left soon after as there is no future with this company. I should also note that I closed a deal before I left ***and never received my commission***. I also received my salary 2 weeks late and never received my last month's salary. Very shady.

8 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews

Gulf Connexions Reviews FAQs

45% of Gulf Connexions employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gulf Connexions 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.8 for culture and values and 2.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Gulf Connexions to be diversity and inclusion, culture, coworkers and the cons to be benefits, management, career development.

Popular Careers with Gulf Connexions Job Seekers