Gulf Connexions Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Gulf Connexions Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2019

1.6

"Mind Numbingly Bad"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Gulf Connexions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent commissions Coworkers are cool and you make interesting contacts

Cons

terrible company to work for! I was here just a few months, but that was enough. There is no structure and little training, management comes into the office whenever they want (usually after 2 pm) and there is no team cohesion. Even worse, Roy Spencer (the owner/manager) pays salaries late, commissions late and if you resign, won't pay you your last months salary or outstanding commissions. Avoid at all costs!

Gulf Connexions2018-09-21
  2. "Suited me just fine!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Manama

I worked at Gulf Connexions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work times. Great brand. Management support was great. Part-time option.

Cons

Target driven industry. Very KPI orientated.

Gulf Connexions2019-07-21

"low career prospect"

I worked at Gulf Connexions full-time

Pros

no OT, freedom in the workplace

Cons

little to no training program client pays late resulting in late commission payments. small client base company downgrade office from HK island to Lai Chi Kok wasted of time joining this company

Gulf Connexions2019-05-29

"Horrible company with senior management that enjoys harassing employees"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Manama

I worked at Gulf Connexions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None! Unless you consider harassment as a pro

Cons

The environment is very toxic as the “senior manager” is very crazy and enjoyed harassing me on a daily basis! Most of the time his advice was towards meaningless personal matters that had nothing to do with the company! He would constantly mock me about my personal choices. He really enjoyed bullying!!! Bayden Tierney was very barbaric with his attitude towards me as he was not able to deliver any positive business results so he had to blame it on the new person! He has stayed til now because he is the son in law of the co owner. However, his days and the company’s days are numbered..

Advice to Management

thick heads can be cured by having air pass through

Gulf Connexions2019-05-17

"Very Shady Business - DO NOT JOIN"

Former Employee - Researcher

I worked at Gulf Connexions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Your day-to-day colleagues are great.

Cons

I joined Gulf Connexions as a fresh grad and was promised the chance to be trained, developed, and brought up to be a 360 recruiter "The Gulf Way". However, the first thing I noticed is: A) there is no training program B) There is no management, just the owner, who is never around C) everyone around me was resigning. It soon became apparent, that there is no "Gulf Way" (unless you count breaking the law by paying employees late or fighting to keep wages low). I left soon after as there is no future with this company. I should also note that I closed a deal before I left ***and never received my commission***. I also received my salary 2 weeks late and never received my last month's salary. Very shady.

Advice to Management

So much illegal shady things are happening and it's absolutely appalling that the owner plays the victim card while he's driving around in a flashy cars, wearing expensive watches while thinking it's okay to just NOT pay on time (or even at all - or just forge pay slips to show payments were done on time).

Gulf Connexions2018-09-14

"DO NOT WORK HERE"

Current Employee - Researcher in Sheung Wan

I have been working at Gulf Connexions full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good annual leave package (18 days) - Casual work environment - Great colleagues

Cons

Working here is a bit of a mixed bag because your colleagues are great and very encouraging. But management is an absolute disgrace. The company is run and owned by 1 person (Roy Spencer) and he does all kinds of dodgy things like pay his employees (criminally) late, promise raises and not follow through on it, and to top it all off, he only works like 5 hours a week. Also, salaries are terrible and unless you make Mr. Spencer (literally) millions of dollars, you can forget getting a meaningful raise.

Advice to Management

Sell the company. You're an awful human being.

Gulf Connexions2018-05-24
  7. "One of the leading recruitment consultants in the GCC with a diverse specialisation in various industries."

Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Gulf Connexions

Pros

Able to be work there without being constantly monitored. Great commission opportunities. Fantastic backing from the mother company Al Hilal Group which has helped launch and keeps Gulf Connexions a leader in the market.

Cons

Working hours are too long from 8am-6pm. Needs to have a bit more structure. Better benefits such as housing, mobile and full health insurance to include dental.

Advice to Management

More incentives on the job to give the staff more motivation and these incentives are implemented, monitored and encouraged. Less hours more input!

Gulf Connexions2010-07-22