Gypsum Management and Supply Reviews | Glassdoor

Gypsum Management and Supply CEO Michael Callahan
Michael Callahan

"Solid Company"

I have been working at Gypsum Management and Supply full-time

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities at GMS. Especially if you are willing to move, promotions are easy to obtain. The benefits are strong and the pay can be rewarding.

Cons

The materials market is pinned to the local economy. This can cause an otherwise easy job to become quite challenging when the market is struggling. Of course, this can probably be said about most jobs.

Advice to Management

Make sure GMS stays to its core values of treating employees like family while the company continues to grow.

Gypsum Management and Supply2017-12-02

December 4, 2017VP Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm glad to see you have had a good experience working for GMS. We are aligned with you and want to ensure our family atmosphere remains strong. We appreciate your help in making this happen!

2. "Fair"

I worked at Gypsum Management and Supply

Pros

Pay, benefits, bonuses, experience, co-workers

Cons

Hard work, long hours, Favoritism, management, dispatch,

Gypsum Management and Supply2019-02-15
    • "Sales"

I have been working at Gypsum Management and Supply full-time

Pros

Payed a lot of attention

Cons

Typical corporation, after buying out a company they gut it and replace it with thier own people.

Gypsum Management and Supply2018-06-27
    • "Management"

I have been working at Gypsum Management and Supply full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

They offer some free snacks and drinks

Cons

They don't believe in diverse management.

Advice to Management

Add more diverse management and believe in your employees

Gypsum Management and Supply2018-03-09

"Micromanagement at its finest - Payroll Department Only"

I worked at Gypsum Management and Supply full-time

Pros

This review is strictly about the current corporate payroll department management team. Overall GMS is a great company to work for if you work outside of the payroll dept. Decent pay, benefits are pretty good, nice office building. Probably one of a few companies that provide FREE water, soda, Keurig coffee, tea and limited snacks. Somewhat flexible work schedule. Employees are recognized/celebrated for anniversaries,...

Cons

The payroll employees are severely micromanaged. Management does not defend nor support the employees when minor errors occur. They immediately want to "write you up" like you are a child. Other depts are permitted to work from home on a regular basis or under special circumstances like illness or bad weather. NOT payroll. Is it because the dept was 98% black?

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging your employees, It is not necessary. TRUST your team to work from home like other departments do under extenuating circumstances. Support/defend your payroll team rather than rush to write them up for mistakes. Investigate a little more and look at the overall reason for the mistake. Put a bonus structure in place to boost morale and as an incentive to continue to do great.

Gypsum Management and Supply2018-01-07

February 5, 2018VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I am sorry you had a poor experience, know that your comments will assist us in our ongoing quest to ensure that all aspects of GMS are best in class.

• "Branch Manager"

I have been working at Gypsum Management and Supply full-time

Pros

- Actively embraces and promotes safety culture - Extensive resources available to all subsidiaries

Cons

- Antiquated business processes - Limited career growth - Limited valuable skills generated

Gypsum Management and Supply2018-01-09

February 5, 2018VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we appreciate it!

"Good and horribly bad"

I worked at Gypsum Management and Supply

Pros

Good employees fun working inviroment and just fun if you don't get in management's cross hairs

Cons

Management lies straight to you face too worried about policy and not the employee

Advice to Management

Take time to give people a chance and don't lie and back stab them think how you would like to be treated

Gypsum Management and Supply2017-02-22

February 24, 2017VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm sorry you had such a poor experience and would love the opportunity to learn more about your specific situation. Please feel free to contact the GMS HR team at hr@gms.com if you would like to share more.

• "I love my job, my manager, coworkers & our customers"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Ocala, FL

I have been working at Gypsum Management and Supply full-time

Pros

Excellent Benefits. Great Manager that really cares for his employees and puts a strong emphasis on our safety. My Manager takes the time to invest in us to make sure we are all successful, safe and learning something new every day. I can honestly say I feel like I work for a leader and not a boss because he shows us we are a team and is part of that team with us. I have great coworkers and love the people I work with...

Cons

I have found my career home and there aren't any right now. I hope it stays like this. We are growing and very busy but I am excited about it.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture up that we have here in our office. (It is not something that is easy to find) I've worked in this industry for a long time and have been around managers that don't actually care about their employees or their safety and are in it for themselves only and do not care about helping their employees suceed too. You get out of your employees what you put in them. We've got a great manager, great team and the...

Gypsum Management and Supply2017-02-04

February 6, 2017VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our company. I am so pleased to see that you enjoy working at the Ocala yard and it sounds like you have a great team there. Keep up the great work and never hesitate to let us know if there’s something we can do to improve.

• "DSI"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Gypsum Management and Supply full-time

Pros

Get a lot of hours.

Cons

Not a well organized/ran business. Management isn't timely with evaluations ( 2 months behind and counting). Treated like you are completely replaceable at a moments notice. Work live Balance doesn't exist.

Gypsum Management and Supply2017-01-27

January 30, 2017VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m sorry to see that you haven’t had a great experience working at one of our companies and would appreciate the opportunity to learn more. If you’re willing, please contact the HR Manager for your region (her name is Lindsay).

"Warehhouse Associate"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Kearny, NJ

I have been working at Gypsum Management and Supply full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great benefits, Great co workers

Cons

growth opportunity, life/work balance,

Gypsum Management and Supply2016-12-06

December 8, 2016VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we really do appreciate it. If you'd like to share more about how we can improve on providing growth opportunities or life/work balance, please feel free to contact your regional HR manager. I'm sure she would be pleased to hear ...

Found 17 reviews