KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

H E B

Engaged Employer

H E B

Add a Review

H E B Employee Reviews about "people"

Updated Aug 17, 2022

Found 1,048 of over 9,044 reviews

4.3
H E B Chairman and CEO Charles C. Butt
Charles C. Butt
4,826 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The pay is good and you get raises 2 a year till u hit mid Pont(in 1223 reviews)
  • "The benefits were great and I still haven't seen a better 401k at any other company.(in 645 reviews)
  • "I am a cashier and have found that the people I work with are great.(in 406 reviews)
  • "The flexible hours and the people you work with are what make the job good.(in 362 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedules and shifts.(in 269 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of H E B and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great job to have while going to school. Flexible hours helps.

Sep 4, 2016 - Central Checkout Cashier in McAllen, TX
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

The flexible hours and the people you work with are what make the job good. The pay is decent and better than some other places.

Cons

Customers can be a hassle, but that can be dealt with easily for he most part. The pay could be better, but that's just retail.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome Support

Jun 23, 2021 - Cashier
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

I established such great relationships with almost all of my coworkers and still keep in touch with them despite no longer working with the company. H‑E‑B hires quality people who will be there to support you both in and out of work.

Cons

It’s a customer service position so you will encounter customers every now and then that might bring down your mood but I felt like H‑E‑B helped prepare me for situations like that and how to accommodate the customer.

Be the first to find this review helpful