H.G. Fenton Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great Company"

I have been working at H.G. Fenton full-time

Pros

- Fenton walks their talk
    - Fenton values their employees and invests in employees - my experience has been that it is safe (and encouraged) for me to learn and be myself
    - Company's values are woven through everything they do
    - Team-oriented
    - The actual space is awesome. I work at the main office ('home office') which includes a fitness center with locker rooms, a nice patio with bbq and fire pit, nice kitchen area, and actual desk space is great (sit-to-stand desks, nice features), plenty of windows/natural light... It has a great, fresh feel.
    - Fenton rigorously vets their employees and hires really great people that I enjoy working with
    - Company is innovative yet stable
    - Great benefits
    - Fun culture - there are always events and opportunities for employees to do fun things

This is a company you can really make your home - there are a lot of employees that have been with Fenton for a long time. There are opportunities for movement within the company, and plenty of opportunities to develop as a leader.

Cons

I haven't experienced any downsides yet; executives are open to feedback and feedback is often implemented, so if there was a con I'd bring it up to them.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Mar 13, 2017 – Recruitment Lifestyle Leader

Sounds like you're really enjoying your employee experience and able to contribute and make an impact on our business results too. You are right, we are team and training oriented and strive to hire... More

2. "Staff Accountant"

Current Employee - California in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - California in San Diego, CA

I have been working at H.G. Fenton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to flourish and be innovative!

Cons

There are no cons, its a great place to work.

3. "Leasing Marketing Manager (Sales/Marketing Associate)"

Current Employee - Leasing and Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Leasing and Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at H.G. Fenton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fair-minded, honest, personable, hard-working, leaders, brilliant company members, aesthetically pleasing locations (both corporate and apartment complexes)

Cons

HG Fenton is an exceptional company. No bad reviews.

4. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Leasing and Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Leasing and Marketing Manager

I have been working at H.G. Fenton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* good people
    * great benefits
    *upward mobility
    * Great training

Cons

none at this point

5. "Excellent!"

I worked at H.G. Fenton full-time

Pros

-Excellent growth opportunities
    -Great Colleagues
    -Fun employee get togethers/parties
    -Fulfilling work
    -Company that stands behind their values
    -HR Team that listens to and solicits feedback
    -AWESOME BENEFITS ! 401K!
    -Cool VP team & CEO

Cons

Property Management has a lot of surprises! Most positions as a property manager will keep you on your toes.

Advice to Management

I have enjoyed my time at HG Fenton Company. Only advice is to cross-train Residential Property Managers in some of the accounting side to help streamline processes and save time.

Dec 20, 2016 – Recruitment Lifestyle Leader

It is great to hear you liked the culture and atmosphere we have here at Fenton! It is definitely an environment that keeps you on your toes, no matter what team you're on. We do strive to make sure... More

6. "Best Company to Work with!"

I have been working at H.G. Fenton full-time

Pros

I have been working on temporary assignments on and off for the past few years, which has given me a good look into several companies and how they are ran, how staff is treated, what the culture is, etc. Having so much experience with so many organizations, I think this makes me qualified to say that HG Fenton is a company that cannot be beat.

I have worked here for about 4 months and have come into contact with some of the nicest people I've ever had the privilege to work with. All of my managers have an open door policy, that they actually honor. The team is always willing to slow down and answer any questions I may have, or to invite me to any meetings that may provide a learning opportunity. The staff at Fenton cares a great deal about the professional growth of each and every person on the team.

This may seem small, but another huge moral boost is that the office provides around the clock drinks and snacks. You can eat and drink to your heart's desire :) Fenton also goes out of there way to host several all-staff parties and celebrations where it is always catered and held on site. And did I mention that we have beer and wine on tap as well? Here at Fenton we work hard, but we play hard as well and it creates such a great work-life balance that I haven't found anywhere else.

Mike Neal is the nicest person to work with. Though I have had little contact with him, I do notice that he attends all of the employee functions and is always very kind and friendly. Doesn't look down on anyone in the company.

Cons

More overtime opportunities would be nice.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Nov 7, 2016 – Recruitment Lifestyle Leader

So glad you are enjoying your employee experience! We definitely live our values and I agree with you that our teams are very transparent and supportive - even Mike Neal the CEO keeps it real and is... More

7. "Leasing Manager"

Pros

Good benefits. Solid company.

Cons

Working every weekend and even during some holidays. It is hard to have a balance of your personal life and your work. Job was not very rewarding financially.

Oct 10, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

So glad you enjoyed the benefits of being an H.G. Fenton employee.

We know it is sometimes challenging working on the weekends, which is why we do provide two consecutive days off to help... More

"Custodian"

I have been working at H.G. Fenton full-time

Pros

At the beginning it was great.

Cons

They modified my duties to cover for an employee that they fired. I started doing double duties and got hurt. They cut back my hours and modified my schedule in a way it was no longer convenient to continue working for them.

"Incredible company all around"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at H.G. Fenton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unwavering focus on the customer, as well as the employees. Strong set of values that is lived and breathed from the CEO and entire company. Fun work environment with hard working, authentic, and happy people. Highest of integrity. Collaboration and teamwork. Strong focus on strategic plan and business results, and the rewards are passed along to the employees who contribute to those results. Promotions all year 'round, not just once a year. Opportunities to develop and grow. Empowerment. Support. Did I mention really fun working environment? Growing company. Extremely low turnover - once you are here, there is no reason to leave!

Cons

Not really a "con" - there is so much tenure here - so a lot of company expertise and history to catch up on that you can feel like a 'Newbie" for quite a while. However, the company supports learning and growth and helps you along!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Focus on the customer, shareholders, and valuing employees and our amazing culture.

"It can be a great place"

I worked at H.G. Fenton full-time

Pros

The benefits are good and the scheduled hours are reliable. They do schedule two days off in a row and have annual "teambuilding" and holiday parties. If you can keep on your boss's good side then it's a great place to work.

Cons

The HR dept is ineffective in managing employee conflict. Supervisors play favorites and refuse to reinforce any attempt by HR to remedy issues, bullying and discrimination that occurs, even when they witness it. Sabotage by co-workers is common.

Advice to Management

The company culture should extend to all employees - not just those who share the same interests/values/lifestyles as management. When departments have issues that aren't resolved after the "problem" has left - then maybe the problem isn't the person who left.