KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 91 of over 95 reviews

3.6
H.I.G. Capital FOUNDERS AND Co-CEOs Sami W. Mnaymneh and Tony Tamer
Sami W. Mnaymneh and Tony Tamer
Pros
  • "Great work life balance, competitive salary(in 11 reviews)

• "Strong work ethic, good work colleagues, and great place to learn(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Lack of growth opportunity with high turnover through all departments(in 6 reviews)

• "Miami has a "crabs ina barrel" problem(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

Featured Review

Growing PE Fund, with ton of opportunity for promotion...rare in PE industry

Aug 24, 2020 - InvestmentProfessional
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity for promotion - Firm is always growing, hence no "glass ceiling" you can find at independent PE funds Experience - Hugely active firm, great place to get myriad of looks at full suite of PE exp. Culture different by office, but MIA group is great - This is where all Sr. Mgmt is located Personal perks working for large fund - number of Investment Professionals have moved offices for personal/professional reasons, giving you additional flexibility while staying at the firm (i.e. NY to London, MIA to SF, SF to NYC, BOS, etc.)

Cons

Large PE fund w/ outside ownership, so it has definitely lost the entrepreneurial feel as it is run like a PE PortCo....focus on maximizing value for owners, not for MDs/employees at the fund.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent company

Sep 30, 2021 - Administrative Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance, competitive salary

Cons

None that come I can think of

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Office Manager Review

Nov 16, 2021 - Office Manager in Beavercreek, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

In the process of transitioning from WBB,INC to Serco. I loved the work atmosphere, culture and flexibility of WBB.. not so much Serco

Cons

I've found during this acquisition that Serco has been very disorganized and unprepared. Have been experiencing issues for months and a lot of micromanaging within the company.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Nice people, low pay

Nov 23, 2021 - Administrative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with. Good benefits

Cons

no 401k match, low pay compared to market for administrative staff

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Incredibly High Turnover (Warning)

Oct 10, 2021 - Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Co-investment program - meal expense if working late which is usually the case

Cons

- Terrible culture: people will backstab you and throw you under the bus. MD's don't care about mentorship or teaching you - Incredibly high turnover at the associate, VP, Principal, MD level. Take a look through LinkedIn - Compensation (Base + Bonus) is BELOW market

Continue reading
    6. 4.0

Good Experience

Sep 16, 2021 - Treasury Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall good fast paced experience

Cons

Lack of growth opportunity with high turnover through all departments.

7. 5.0

Great work culture

Sep 16, 2021 - Assistant Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture And environment

Cons

There could be more room for growth

8. 5.0

N/A

Sep 13, 2021 - Vice President in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible returns and growing platform

Cons

HR functions and communications can be improved

9. 3.0
      Former Employee

Rough place, but has potential

Nov 2, 2020 - Finance
      Business Outlook

Pros

Big name, looks good on your resume Fun people, there are a lot of friendly groups Free snacks, food and Uber allowance after 7pm Because of the structure of the department you get to learn and develop processes thoroughly New CFO is a great guy and genuinely wants to improve. Has changed in the past year what the previous one couldn't achieve in years

Cons

Although the firm advertises as a $40b Fund, there are a lot of small company problems and antiquated, 80s managing styles. The systems have been outdated for years and just recently are beginning to develop. Ironically, management is looking for staff to work less hours but they're in charge of their regular day to day plus implementation of new policies. Because of the outdated processes and bureaucracy there's a lot of inefficiency which leads to very long hours. NYC hours and culture, but Florida Pay. No 401k, benefits are expensive. Owners and top management have a very micro manage style. There are a lot of antiquated controls, which really dont serve a purpose and make work difficult. Employees are encouraged to speak up and recommend best practices, but no real change is done, or what does get implemented falls on the hands of current people. Simply put --employees want better pay and hours. This has created a lot of turnover.

Continue reading
      3 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Former Employee

Good experience!

Jul 23, 2021 - Senior Associate in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great deal flow and learning experience!

Cons

Can be intense culture and upward mobility lacking.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 91 Reviews

H.I.G. Capital Reviews FAQs

H.I.G. Capital has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 95 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at H.I.G. Capital to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, H.I.G. Capital employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at H.I.G. Capital. This rating has decreased by -10% over the last 12 months.

72% of H.I.G. Capital employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated H.I.G. Capital 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at H.I.G. Capital to be workplace, work life balance, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, benefits.

Popular Careers with H.I.G. Capital Job Seekers