H&M "h m" Reviews | Glassdoor

H&M Employee Reviews about "h m"

Updated Mar 21, 2020

3.6
H&M CEO Helena Helmersson
Helena Helmersson
Pros
  • "I LOVED the benefits at H&M even as a sales advisor, they give you great benefits(in 298 reviews)

• "Great benefits and room to move up if you want(in 279 reviews)

Cons
  • "I like festion H&M simple n nice(in 246 reviews)

• "management often makes it very difficult to have a work-life balance(in 175 reviews)

Reviews about "h m"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at H&M part-time for less than a year

Pros

Management was great, positive work environment and overall a great place to work.

Cons

No downsides working at H&M

H&M2020-01-31
  2. "Worth it for the experience"

Former Employee - Department Supervisor in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at H&M full-time for more than a year

Pros

H&M has great benefits in terms of health care and paid family leave

Cons

There is an abhorrent lack of communication within this store and seemingly all of the company

H&M2020-03-21
  3. "Amazing Benefits - Lame Job"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor - Full Time in Columbia, MO

I worked at H&M full-time for more than a year

Pros

I LOVED the benefits at H&M; even as a sales advisor, they give you great benefits. I had really comprehensive insurance while I was there. The staff I worked with was really cool, H&M does try to make sure the people they hire are true to their values. They've also got a really awesome program and ways for you to move up in the company if you're even a little bit interested in retail.

Cons

I'm not interested in retail, so that made the last point a bit moot for me. The thought of being in any retail environment for 40 hours a week is depressing to me, personally, as a human being and I eventually had to move on. The regular retail woes are what made the job difficult to sustain.

H&M2020-02-12
  4. "Two Different Locations - Two Different Reviews"

Former Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at H&M part-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at the Southside Location in Pittsburgh before it was closed. The work environment was absolutely amazing. I looked forward to work because I truly enjoyed everyone around me. Further H&M is a great company to work for, the staff discount is 25% and you can also use the cloth donation coupon with that.

Cons

The second location was Ross Park Mall. Unfortunately there was a lot of turnover in that location that made it difficult to work efficiently. This was primarily due to how busy the location would get. The new workers were too overwhelmed and would quit shortly after. There was not enough workers overall because the higher ups would not allow for additional hires.

H&M2020-01-23
  5. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at H&M full-time for less than a year

Pros

H&M cares about their employees. The work environment is very calm and friendly and there’s always a project that needs to be done so you will never be bored.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is the 6:00 A.M. shifts.

H&M2020-01-22
  6. "My experience at H&M"

Former Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in San Rafael, CA

I worked at H&M part-time for less than a year

Pros

Overall the full time employees were very welcoming and willing to teach new hires. Supportive management style which allowed employees to think for themselves when put in difficult situation and managers would always have you back. Organized management which allowed employees to stay busy at all time and not find themselves board. H&M wanted employees to know all ask aspects of the job and did so though alternating job assignments hourly. The managers also would often take part in these alternating assignments so they would be accessible if any employee would have questions while on the job.

Cons

Due to the lack of employees at the time, the store was constantly messy. It would take hours to properly clean one department and then would be messy again within the next hour.

H&M2020-01-29
  7. "H&M is a good place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, TX

I have been working at H&M part-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay for fast fashion retail. Very flexible with hours Good working environment

Cons

bad management h&m owns sweat shops

H&M2020-01-13

"One of the better retail jobs honestly"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

I have been working at H&M part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule Hours are nice during holidays Discount is lucrative. It’s 25% but you can stack discounts from the H&M app, student discount, & the ICO Training is great. 2 weeks with a seasoned worker to really learn the ropes Paid holidays PTO, paid vacation friends and family can use your discount Coworkers are great Less than 5 hours is a 15 minute break 6 hours = 30 minute break 7-9 hours = hour + 15 minute break 12 hours = an hour, plus a 30 AND a 15 minute break Basically no dress code, wear what you want Blackout dates are only like 10 days a year Themed dress up days! You don’t give out store credit

Cons

A bit like high school but honestly just mind the business that pays you Presses workers about the app when the sign up discount is only 10% and customers don’t care about that Focuses on the register too much and sacrifices the floor Pay is minimum wage Hours are very little once the holiday seasons dies off C U S T O M E R S

H&M2019-12-21
  9. "Decent Job but"

Former Employee - Part-time Sales Advisor in New York, NY

I worked at H&M part-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved working here because there was always something to do. I usually hate working in places where it’s slow. However, H&M was always packed.

Cons

Managers. A lot of the managers had nasty attitudes.

H&M2019-12-19

"Great place to work at Part Time for extra money"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Valparaiso, IN

I worked at H&M part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance is maintainable and as a part timer you can accumulate paid time off and also get paid holidays! Another great thing is that H&M is always looking to help people grow within their company.

Cons

I reported to HR about a harassment case, and they did nothing. So for this specific location I do not recommend coming because HR will not do anything to help. And management is short staffed due to department managers quitting after 90 days due to the high stress levels coming from district controllers. For the time I worked at this location, we have gone through 6 different managers in less than a year. And also management will bully you if you try and speak up about anything. Loved working there but my mental health wasn’t worth it.

H&M2019-12-10