H4B Chelsea Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Christian Bauman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The people who work here really care about each other and what they do" (in 3 reviews)

• "great visibility to upper management and a great open door policy" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "working long hours and less pay" (in 8 reviews)

• "The amount of work can get excessive" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Junior Analyst"

I worked at H4B Chelsea full-time

Pros

- Great company and incredible work culture
    - Never dull; Challenging and interesting projects
    - Management cares about growth and has open door policy
    - Room for growth, but you really need to advocate for yourself

Cons

- Pay could be better

"An unethical sweatshop"

I have been working at H4B Chelsea full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The day to day people here are mostly wonderful- unfortunately this is completely overshadowed by incompetent upper management. These positive reviews are a joke/clearly written by the executives.

Cons

Where do I begin... If you value your health and general self worth do yourself a huge favor and go literally anywhere else. This place is a glorified sweat shop. They pile ungodly amounts of work on junior to mid level staff, refuse to hire- even when there is a dire need, upper management consists of out of touch overgrown frat bros-several of whom contribute to some incredibly unethical business practices.

Advice to Management

Just fold yourselves into Havas corporate and call it a day

3. "Like high school all over again"

I have been working at H4B Chelsea full-time

Pros

Free food, parties, late start time for the industry (10 Am)

Cons

Wow. The employees are like children and you better hope you swoon them.

Advice to Management

Work to make your environment both fun but professional

"It’s fine for some"

I have been working at H4B Chelsea full-time

Pros

Extremely relaxed vibe and people are generally nice

Cons

Things are slow to change, if they change at all. Mean Girls vibe among segment of staff. Doesn’t feel like you’re heard if you’re outside it. Benefits package is rubbish.

"An opportunity, but..."

Former Employee - Vice President, Group Art Supervisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President, Group Art Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at H4B Chelsea full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

• A very successful agency, in terms of growth and winning new business (though it recently had large layoffs)
    • They will pay, at time of hire, significantly more than other agencies to get talent
    • Large in size (300+) and with an often significant "freelance safety padding"
    • Opportunities to grow, if you play by the rules, behave, and become friendly with the right senior management

Cons

• Creative consists of expected, client-friendly ideas—often blown up on large boards—spun and sold very well to clients (many not willing to take chances on big ideas)
    • Executive creative leadership with bland taste in healthcare advertising, bad temper, and often not around
    • No standardized pay increases, including standard-of-living raises. It is not uncommon for as few as 7 people in the creative department (of 100 people) to receive a pay increase in a given year. Get your money upfront and don't count on raises
    • Performance reviews are, in no way, linked to pay increases, which makes it very difficult to reward direct reports. Try as I might, I could not get any of my direct reports any type of pay increase, despite stellar performances on a large, busy, growing brand—which was very frustrating as a manager
    • Despite budget, scope, and amount of work, brands are rarely fully staffed
    • "Always Fearless" is the agency mantra. "Fearless" thinking/behavior is often encouraged, but seldom respected, admired or allowed… and often feared.

6. "Longest I've ever worked at one agency!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at H4B Chelsea full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

From day one (almost 7 years ago), I felt fully integrated and unified with all services in support of our clients... truly emblematic of unified services, mixing strategy, account, medical education, digital innovation and creative all at the same table with one common goal.

Cons

Not sure I have one. Has always felt this is a place where one can flex their style, try new interests, participate in company-wide creative challenges and supportive of educational growth...and a sabbatical program!

7. "Account"

Former Employee - Account Services
    Former Employee - Account Services

I worked at H4B Chelsea full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-super strong culture - very fun place to work!
    -a lot of opportunity for testing the waters and trying out different disciplines - consequently also a great recipe for innovation!
    -the people are the best: some of the smartest, most supportive people I've ever met , definitely more "flat" than hierarchal, even among the most senior
    -exciting accounts and lots of new biz opportunities (pitches! yay!)

Cons

big focus on finances which can stunt imaginative thinking or staffing at times
    not all managers have been trained on how to manage

Advice to Management

Transparency is never a bad thing! The more transparent the more even the most junior will trust you have their best interests at heart

8. "Partnership"

I have been working at H4B Chelsea full-time

Pros

A place where at all levels you're given the opportunity to dream big for your clients as well as be a change agent within the Agency culture.

Cons

Need more hands on deck!

"Creative"

Current Employee - Creative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Creative in New York, NY

I have been working at H4B Chelsea full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Caring workplace community, your team is your family. Great place to grow, learn, and have opportunities for advancement. Good creative and digital work. Pushing for more fresh, creative ideas, and to cultivate a creative culture. Management is authentic, transparent, and approachable. They encourage folks to have an entrepreneurial spirit and take leadership initiative. Added bonus: 2 week sabbatical after 4 years.

Cons

Wish there was a better filter between good and mediocre work—if I see another idea showing a patient/portrait with a headline move forward I may jump out the window ;) Also wish there were better food/lunch spots nearby.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Continue to keep trust, provide employees a circle of safety, and space to contribute. Faceless, financial decisions based on numbers only is not the attitude of the company, please keep it that way.

"VP Print Production & Operations Services"

Current Employee - Vice President Print Production & Operation Services in New York, NY

I have been working at H4B Chelsea full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I work with some of the most talented , compassionate , dedicated , creative people in the industry

Cons

Personally can't think of anything , but finding more talented individuals to work here would help.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do , it works , management clearly communicates to the agency how much they care about the hard working individuals that work at Chelsea. They have always had open door policy , not only are we co workers but we are good friends and care about each other,this is because the management at this agency promotes that culture.