HB Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

HB Communications Reviews

Found 40 reviews

3.5
Dana Barron
  1. "It a competitive world but its says a lot about a company to keep earning business in hard times and in the good"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Waltham, MA

I worked at HB Communications full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Best in class portfolio and partners. Great senior Management. If you work hard the benefits are here. Nothing bad to say. I had left and went elsewhere and It took me a week to realize what I was missing. If you a creative and passionate culture HB is the place. Working hard and rewarding their individuals.

Cons

Not much really. I was there for years and If you understand business things dont always work out but to call HB a mess would be like saying Farrari made a cheap car. It isnt in the nature of how they were found and where they are headed.

Advice to Management

Keep moving foward and thanks for all the education and polishing my talent.

HB Communications2019-03-26
  2. "Upper management treated me well. Co-workers not so much."

Former Employee - Help Desk in North Haven, CT

I worked at HB Communications full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Decent pay to stay afloat. Health/Dental Benefits. Most of my co-workers were very pleasant to be around.

Cons

Training was really awful from what I remember. I was also bullied by at least 3 co-workers. I won't throw down names.

Advice to Management

Management was great to me. I'd recommend they take a magnifying glass as to what's happening with co-worker relations though. The people on the bottom are humble. It's the one's who have climbed for a couple years that generally had an attitude.

HB Communications2019-05-05

"Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in North Haven, CT

I have been working at HB Communications full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Working here for just over a year, family atmosphere, try to show recognition for employee efforts throughout company. Big changes have been made since I started and I can see the positive outcome starting to fruition. HB gave me a chance when nobody else would and I truly adore working here. Really works around your schedule when you have important life events happening outside of work.

Cons

I don't have any cons thus far.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees' feedback especially when we seem overworked. More bodies are necessary in certain departments.

HB Communications2019-03-29
  4. "great company"

Current Employee - Tech

I have been working at HB Communications full-time

Pros

awesome company to work for

Cons

im not putting a con

HB Communications2019-03-14
  5. "A fine place to work"

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in North Haven, CT

I have been working at HB Communications full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Employees are all great and treat each other like family. Room to move to into better job positions assuming you have the education

Cons

Workload is not evenly distributed, higher paid employees get away with doing way less work than those below them.

Advice to Management

Better utilize employee skill sets.

HB Communications2018-12-05

"HB Live Review: Company Has A Lot of Potential, but New Managers are Needed"

I worked at HB Communications full-time

Pros

A lot of freedom at this company. Parent company is strong.

Cons

Two brothers run HB Live. If they don't like you they quietly squeeze you out. They are very nasty people. One brother eats up the overtime and only gives resources to his favorites. There is something very wrong with him imoo. Know it all mentality and are not open to new ideas. The entire staff despises them but need their jobs.

Advice to Management

Get rid of one of the brothers, but preferably both. They have been there so long that they know how to manipulate the system and get things past top management. They are destroying a great company.

HB Communications2018-12-02
  7. "Good place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Haven, CT

I have been working at HB Communications full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Family owned business. Understanding. Good coworkers

Cons

There are a few cons

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees

HB Communications2018-10-26

"Good company with growing pains, optimistic about the future."

Current Employee - Manager in North Haven, CT

I have been working at HB Communications full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Flexible schedule depending on your role, growing industry, passionate employees, recent restructuring is creating new opportunities.

Cons

Management over the years has included some people not fit to lead. Recent changes have me more optimistic although filling new leadership roles will be key moving forward. Those avoiding change and focusing on complaining have hindered evolution.

Advice to Management

Work together, drop your ego, communicate clearly. I believe in HB but to win we need to row together.

HB Communications2018-06-18

"Once a great company founded by a great man, now one might say a sinking ship"

Former Employee - Free Gun - Respected Systems Design Engineer/Consultant in New Haven, CT

I worked at HB Communications full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

If you have no life, no family and no expectations of a career, then this company would be a good stepping stone. You will have opportunities to gain experience and hone your skills. Join if you wish but have an exit strategy.

Cons

Not a people company. company instills a "every man for themselves". I am in regular contact with many employees and can confidently say from experience and current feed back that the majority of mid/lower level employees attitudes are "its a job, I go home at the end of the day".

Advice to Management

Recommendation to management - fire the CEO and relatives, get people in who know how to run a company. Unfortunately when the CEO is the owner with little experience and a untethered ego, this recommendation is moot.

HB Communications2018-06-15

"Yakety Sax"

Current Employee - Lead Installation Technician in New York, NY

I have been working at HB Communications full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Only a handful of Pros left after the Exodus...

Cons

That the yakety sax theme only plays in my head whenever management makes a move. Although, we do have the technical chops still in house to make that a reality.

Advice to Management

Get out of the way

HB Communications2018-06-09