HBW Group Reviews | Glassdoor

HBW Group Reviews

Updated Apr 27, 2017

4.1
  1. "Great Team!"

I worked at HBW Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved the team there! The culture at HBW is very family oriented and highly team focused. Upper level management cares very much about their employees and tries to make an effort to help everyone to ensure success.

Cons

The only con was that I had to move due to family reasons. Otherwise, I would still be there.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

HBW Group2017-04-27
  2. "Rock Solid Company for Project Managers"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Rockville, MD

I worked at HBW Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

HBW is family-friendly. They are always understanding about doctor's appointments, kids' games at school, etc. The people here are generally outstanding humans - kind, thoughtful, and caring. The group of project managers here is very talented and driven - it is with pride that I say I was one of them. I don't see any pay discrepancy whatsoever when it comes to female salaries and they are motivated to hire women.... My supervisor spent a great deal of time investing in me to bring me into the culture of this company to allow me to succeed and I consider him both friend and family.

Cons

The "cons" were rather self-generated. I am a perfectionist and over-achiever. The work load I needed to maintain plus my own personal expectations of how I run projects and care for customers meant that I was forever feeling underwater and overwhelmed. It's hard to achieve your goals when you are an overachiever but also overwhelmed. There was significant driving time required for this position, due to running... projects the way I expected them to be run - with tons of personal face-to-face attention and I had moved to a home farther away from the office, making the driving worse then it needed to be.

Advice to Management

Would be delivered in person. I think it's pretty cocky to post advice online. The management here is very willing to explore other ideas and listens genuinely when you come to them.

HBW Group2017-04-04
  3. "Project Manager"

Anonymous

I worked at HBW Group

Pros

HBW's team approach towards management ensured that I had all the tools and support I needed to succeed. As a woman in construction, there were no barriers placed on me and the growth opportunities were boundless. Had it not been for an unplanned family relocation out of state, I would still consider myself a part of this highly productive, supportive and growing family

Cons

Living in Reston, the commute to Rockville was difficult at times. However, management ensured that I had projects close to home and provided flexibility in my schedule for travel between projects and office.

HBW Group2016-08-12
  4. "Agent"

Current Freelancer - Insurance Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at HBW Group

Pros

Freedom to sell at my pace, and live my life on my terms...

Cons

Staying in the game when you are all the players on the team during a sales presentation...

Advice to Management

More Team efforts together..

HBW Group2015-05-26

"HBW Group is devoted to customer service&connecting with clients. Management expects the same commitment from employees"

I worked at HBW Group

Pros

Good location. Relaxed Friday office environment.

Cons

This is a "good old boys" organization. Growth opportunities for women is limited. The President/Owner frequently uses condescending tones, especially if offering insights that contradict his position.

Advice to Management

Develop a structure to foster growth. Focus on the work product, not who is working the job. Provide positive feedback, not just dwell on negative feedback.

HBW Group2015-01-18
  6. "I was constantly under pressure. My group was doing a great job which was not acknowleged"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at HBW Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most were talented and likeable

Cons

Poor performers were usually allowed to stay much longer than they should have

Advice to Management

Employees should get more pats on the back. Not empty ataboys but praised when perform well

HBW Group2013-12-27