HCA Healthcare Reviews

Healthcare

11h

works at

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Hey everyone, I’m wanting to transition to tech from healthcare. I have 5 years experience, working front office (clinic scheduling, admin etc), currently back office (referrals, prior authorizations) , I have basic medical billing/coding knowledge & also provider credentialing experience. Any recommendations for tech roles that could be a fit with my background? I do NOT want to be in customer service or call center type role if at all possible though.

6 Comments

Healthcare

31.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=HCA Healthcare~2062
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Pay is low and not competitive for the amount of work done on a daily basis.(in 261 reviews)
  • "Poor management..all decisions made by corporate which has no concept of what really is necessary for the function of a medical office(in 195 reviews)
  • "I’ve only been working at this hospital for five years and took a low salary when accepting this offer.(in 67 reviews)
  • "Poor upper management.(in 62 reviews)
  • "Staff level employees and dept managers have no power to influence operations.(in 60 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of HCA Healthcare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years
    Featured Review

Great company to work for!!

Jan 7, 2022 - Manager of Physician Services in Coppell, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

HCA is an amazing company that truly believes in developing their employees and advocates for career advancement within the organization.

Cons

As with any company of HCA's size, there are many department needed to get the job done and this can lead to silos of information at times.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best place to work

Apr 30, 2022 - Product Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone and anyone is willing to assist you at anytime. Work life balance is freat

Cons

I Haven’t experienced any cons in 4 years

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

May 26, 2022 - Sterile Processing Technician in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment to go to work

Cons

Poca motivación para el empleado

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

May 26, 2022 - Assistant Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership, good pay, patient priority

Cons

Little upward mobility in the role

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Its not awful

May 26, 2022 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Reston, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

PRN contract is very decent for those that do not require insurance benefits. 3 different tiers for PRN with different requirements and the pay is higher in each tier. Highest tier is a full-time commitment and about $50/h.

Cons

I think it depends on the unit you work in. I have been to other units in the facility and I would not want to work with that team, nor would I want my family on the unit as a patient. The unit I am on has had great leadership for some time and has excellent team-work, which is vital in nursing. Big con is the same for the vast majority of facilities - in the end it is just a numbers game and you are a number. I know most people rate this organization poorly - has not been my experience and there are many long-time employees within the hospital.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place with the right team

May 26, 2022 - Credentialing Specialist in Sunrise, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly co-workers, frequent breaks, keeps busy and helps the day go by.

Cons

Not enough notice to hard working employees (behind the phones), management needs help, expectations are unrealistic.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Foster excellent patient care

May 24, 2022 - Registered Nurse, BSN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love this company since they really focus on making the patient safe and happy.

Cons

staff get called off frequently if the census is not up. That is great for management but not staff. There is always on line training that can be done. However, HCA does let you do that at home.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great but room for improvement

May 24, 2022 - Senior Manager in Nashville, TN