Found 6,719 of over 7K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about HCA Healthcare
Does anyone have any experience moving jobs within HCA? Namely switching between an “in-person” job to a remote job in a different field but still at HCA. Curious if it’s as much of a pain (interview, background check, scheduling a urine test etc…) as just switching companies entirely.
Healthcare Administrators/Healthcare Leadership
Manager Clinic Practice
For those of you who have experience with HCA, what leadership development roles do you recommend looking for? I know I’ve seen a Manager in Training role before. How do they work? Is there anything to help someone for clinic management transition to hospital? Thanks in advance.
Got a burning question about HCA Healthcare? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with HCA Healthcare employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pay is low and not competitive for the amount of work done on a daily basis." (in 418 reviews)
- "Poor management and higher up administrative staff" (in 306 reviews)
- "Poor upper management." (in 82 reviews)
- "I’ve only been working at this hospital for five years and took a low salary when accepting this offer." (in 82 reviews)
- "Poor management and leadership." (in 79 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of HCA Healthcare and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWJan 27, 2023Registered Nurse, Emergency RoomCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNashville, TN
Constant opportunities to grow and climb the ladder, great health benefits, ongoing specialized education and assistance with specialized certification obtainment, competitive pay, and loan repayment.
Poor management retention rates, high turnover, at some HCA facilities.2
- 5.0Sep 15, 2023Registered Nurse, BSNCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearFort Worth, TX
Everyone works well together, works as a team and communicate.
Wish pay was a bit better for nurses overall.
HCA Healthcare Reviews FAQs
HCA Healthcare has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 7,265 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at HCA Healthcare to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
54% of HCA Healthcare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated HCA Healthcare 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.