HCL Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

8,221 Employee Reviews

1. "Senior Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Naperville, IL

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is big on promoting innovation.

Cons

Company is India Centric and does not provide an inclusive environment for Global Employees.

2. "A good place to work with! Diligence is all that matters!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in India, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in India, TX

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best experiences of working in a professional environment

Cons

Nothing much. I did my part well and I was duly awarded for it

3. "Test Manager"

Current Employee - Test Manager in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Test Manager in Edison, NJ

I have been working at HCL Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance,more opportunity to work with different skill

Cons

Process needs to be regulated

"self drive required"

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Bedminster, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Bedminster, NJ

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

if anyone takes initiative and drives it, HCL does not create unnecessary obstructions. While support may bot be forthcoming, organizations is open to new ideas. Good learning ground.

Cons

HCL is a fast moving organizations and is not too tolerant towards slow movers... unless the person has sponsorship from someone in management, then life is beautiful

Advice to Management

objective appraisals should be imbibed across all levels in the organization. While the organization is rationalizing and optimizing the structure, there are dead weights hanging around at all levels.

6. "HCL America's"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at HCL Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

I cannot think of one positive thing to say about this company. Other than possibly if they get out of the way and let you provide for the client that experience can be rewarding.

Cons

This company has zero regard for their employees.Personally I can't say that I was treated in a negative manner however as management I was asked to treat employees as if we were in India. I understand that in that culture the class system is set and no one would dare question management. However that does NOT fly here. It is poor practice. If you want to improve processes and increase the value of a job you collaborate the folks in the trenches. You take it in from a hands on perspective and you figure out how to make their job more streamlined based on what they do, not some vision of a guy who is so far removed from day to day that he doesn't even realize his way is completely asinine. Their dismissal of issues when brought to HR I found to be disrespectful at every level. Form a fiscal stand point they are extremely insulting as well. In general if that level of management were in the states, there would be some "Come to Jesus Meetings" to hash things out on a regular basis.

Advice to Management

Stop chasing the dime at the cost of a dollar. Institutional knowledge provides value and to terminate or let someone leave that provides a true value is poor management. Talent is priceless and it's what you value the least. You're account managers again are so far removed from what is actually taking place on the front lines that its hard to respect them at all. It's a do more with less mentality, and the only appreciation is that you managed to last another day. Its so dismal there is just no real way to fix it without gutting the system and replacing with folks who understand that people are their greatest asset.

"Outsourced to HCL"

Former Employee - Individual Contributor in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Individual Contributor in Plano, TX

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kept pay rate, vacation time

Cons

Layoffs at or before one year

"Current Employee"

Current Employee - Lead Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

The Business and Senior Leadership are the best people to work with. They come from the best of the best institutions and provide excellent thought leadership and direction

Cons

The technical middle management is absolutely unfit for the roles they occupy. They are neither technically adept, nor good at communication. There are about 8 levels of seniority that do only co-ordination work

Advice to Management

Get rid of the middle management

"Bizzare"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really liked working for HCL. The company had an employee first policy and the benefits showed this. This is all I can say positive about the company though.

Cons

HCL was a bizarre company to work with and not one I can recommend. The company has a non-existent cohesiveness that forces one to wonder who is actually in charge. When I began working for HCL in 2014, there were 30 some odd people showing up in the Cary, NC office that week and the office manager had just heard about it the day I showed up. I spent 4-weeks employed before I had a laptop and had actually visited a company site before being assigned a laptop. I was forced to use my own personal equipment. Further, I was usually the last person to know of my next assignment and once privy to the emails, the discussions had been going on for several weeks.

The end of my "career" with HCL came when the organization I was assigned to within HCL was dissolved, but all the affected employees promised, on several occasions, that the move would not be career affecting. Somehow, I got included in the email chain discussing my current assignments. Even though my reporting managers were trying to have me assigned to the HCL CTO's office, a person that was not actively in my organizational structure was was working very diligently to get me benched from HCL only two weeks after being told by very senior management this would not happen. This was after two years of excellent reviews and 85% - 90% bonuses.

Last, beware of travel, because were several times I traveled to a client location to find the travel desk hadn't actually booked a hotel room and the travel policy will not allow you to be reimbursed without prior approval. All travel is out of pocket and done trough advances to personal accounts which may not post to your account until the day you travel.

Advice to Management

None.

10. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good learning and trainings on rare basis

Cons

Less Pay package to employees

Advice to Management

No Advice

11. "Short-term assignment"

Former Employee - E3 I Associate Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - E3 I Associate Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have some great individuals but the general worker morale is very low.

Cons

Service Level Agreements and customer reviews are management's only benchmarks.

Advice to Management

Technology does not make the company an industry leader, it takes good people to accomplish the feat.

Showing 8,221 of 8,399 reviews