HCL Technologies Senior Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Senior Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good teams to work with

Cons

nothing specific that I can think of

Advice to Management

continue the good work

"If you not from India you days are probably numbered."

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Frisco, TX

I have been working at HCL Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

hmmmmmm....
    My work hours were flexible. But that is only because my boss was rebadged from the client as well so we had worked together before.
    When I was rebadged I got a two year employment guarantee, that was honored to many employees who were removed from the account before the two years were up.

Cons

All about the bottom line, despite what they say about employee first.
    If you are rebadged from a company to HCL as part of HCL getting them as a client your days are probably numbered, start looking. As soon as they can find offshore resources to do your job they will. They will most likely be less skilled, but cheaper and you will probably have to train your replacement, that is what I am doing now.
    Totally disorganized.
    In my experience they don't care about the client, they care about getting cheaper people to do the work so they can be more profitable.
    Not honest when you join.
    Offshore and onshore do not talk. In three years hardly involved in any team meetings. Even onshore boss had team meetings with offshore but did not involve onshore.
    Not much compensation in reviews.
    crappy HR, if you can find them.
    I could go on. More fool me for being lazy and not getting out sooner.... They are now replacing me with less skilled cheaper resources. I fear(know) the client will get a reduced service.

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees.
    When you bid really low for a contract tell the rebadged employees that the overall goal is to make it more profitable by replacing expensive onshore resources.
    Get organized.

3. "Senior Specialist"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Analyst/Team Lead/Reporting Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supports FedEx aircraft fleet. Your skills and knowledge will be fully utilized and it will not be a boring job. Support involves 6 separate departments on an 8 building campus that can be traveled without going outdoors.

Cons

Very high profile and very demanding job, with two locations that require 24/7 support. Outages are very hard to handle especially when it might cause flight delays. Dispatchers can get very uptight when their flight(s) are delayed.

Advice to Management

Better training on the applications needing to be supported. Hire better skilled technicians and PAY THEM appropriately.

"Apply only to build Resume"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Analyst in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Analyst in Cary, NC

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Health Insurance Bennefits - HCL offers great options for Health Benefits with low Employee costs

Cons

Everything Else - Salary is a Joke most People are being paid less than 75% of Fair Market Value, I have received Great Reviews and never got more than a 1% pay increase for the Year and Barely make more than when I started 4 years ago. Very Limited Time off only 10 days PTO shared No Separate Sick Leave, Many Promotions are Superficial and Exploitative they offer promotions but no Salary increase to match the title there are several Managers and Team leads making the same or just more than their Employees. Many positions are reserved for H-1B visa employees from India

Advice to Management

Actually Follow the so called Employee's first Mantra you spout to the rest of the world

5. "Good people, below market pay"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, I find the people nice to work with. Environment is nice.

Cons

Political minded management that fears to assert on behalf of employees. Offered Pay is low and raises are low.

Advice to Management

Recognize that employees devote and spend 33% of their lives for you and that you need to offer them pay to support the remaining 66% of their lives; ie family and personal obligations.

"Senior IT Support Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior IT Analyst in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Senior IT Analyst in Cary, NC

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Use this place as a stepping stone only to begin a brand new career in IT Support. Not recommended for long term employment at all.

Cons

To many to list. Just get in and get a year or so under your belt and then, get out as soon as possible.
    Company is based in India, so if there is ever a real issue to deal with it takes forever to get results if ever, and you have to play by their dysfunctional rules.

Advice to Management

Better communication across the board - Hire and promote within before putting contractors over long term employees and paying them more - Hold management more accountable to actually lead and train instead of command and demand - Streamline payroll so employees get paid on time and more consistently - Hire another more effective HR person to help deal with employee issues as just one person for over a thousand employees is very ineffective - Drop the "Employees First" motto...Because they're not!

"Great job after college."

Former Employee - Senior Product Strategy Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Strategy Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at HCL Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

The job was very interesting at first because I was learning a lot about new technologies and using tools I had never used before. I worked on site at Google so my work had a direct impact on Google products, I had the same great food benefits that Googlers had, worked in a cool office and met really great people.

Cons

After a while the job got repetitive and since our team was quite big, I didn't feel like there was a lot of upward mobility, I felt stuck. There is a two class society at Google offices between real Googlers and people who worked for Google but were HCL employees.

Advice to Management

Create more upward mobility for people. Create more visibility for people to show their skills and prove them working on different projects.

"Help Desk Technician"

Former Employee - Senior Information Technology Analyst in Little Elm, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Information Technology Analyst in Little Elm, TX

I worked at HCL Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, hours, nice building, BS and more BS

Cons

HCL suckers people into contract positions with the hope of getting them to work for pennies. HCL call people to make them offers and do not respond with feed back or offer letters...basically take it or leave it if they do. Soon or later the companies that are contracting them to do there IT will catch on its just a matter of time. CROOKS - No respect for there employees

Advice to Management

THERE IS NONE MAFIA type no one KNOWS anything until its time to fire you......My contract ended because I made to much and my manager was hating.

"Huge discrepancy in employee treatment."

Current Employee - Senior Technical Analyst in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Analyst in Cary, NC

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only decent thing is Healthcare. Nothing else to add here, except it's a pretty building. See below for full analysis.

Cons

Management has absolutely no idea how to manage people much less a business. You do not value your employees at all, not even a little bit. You harp about being present for shifts, yet you are rarely present when needed. You intimidate and threaten, you use favoritism, you discriminate against those with disabilities unless they are a favorite. The pay is barely enough to make ends meet.

Micromanagement is not how you manage a group that large, I truly don't understand why you think it will work. Empower your employees to do their job, encourage them, make them feel like they matter to the business, pay them a livable wage, they're adults for god sake, many with families to feed. Bottom line, take care of your people and they will take care of the business.

Advice to Management

Hire managers who actually know what the term 'work-life balance' means.

"IT Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior IT Analyst in Clayton, NC
    Current Employee - Senior IT Analyst in Clayton, NC

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health Benefits are good and not expensive

Cons

The pay is not that good. Even an outstanding annual review will not get a good raise. Some people do not even receive a raise with a wonderful review.

Advice to Management

Compensate the employees who deserve it and work hard.