HCL Technologies Reviews in United States | Glassdoor

1. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst E1 in Allen Park, MI
    Former Employee - Analyst E1 in Allen Park, MI

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Funny nothing comes to mind. Even managers resigned.

Cons

Workloads , revolving door, monthly reviews, micro management and pay scale below market rate. Must use your own vehicle.

Advice to Management

Implement a automated "Call Distribution " process so that request will be issued fairly and hire special teams for Executive support and special projects and escalations. Hire more technicians for Break/Fix team and have only one request queue.

2. "You're on your own."

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist – E2 in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist – E2 in New York, NY

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Normal work hours and bi-weekly pay.

Cons

No support from management they focus on whatever the client wants.

Advice to Management

Support your own employees.

3. "Avoid if you can"

Former Employee - GIS Analyst in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - GIS Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HCL covered my moving expenses.

Cons

I was with HCL for a little under a year. Overall experience was extremely poor. I was working onsite with a client and felt like a number on my team.

I interacted with my manager less than 5 times over the course of 10 months. He just didn't care to interact, share HCL values, or act like a manager. I moved across the country on a whim to start at the beginning of the month. From day 1 the manager shows up an hour late and tell me he doesn't have anything for me to do and to come back tomorrow. Same things happens for the next 4 days (he forgot to set up a meeting with the client to get me onboarded). Keep in mind he knew I was driving 40 miles one-way to get there.

There is no real culture other than work your 40 hours and go home. There was never a day I felt excited to work for HCL. Everything was just disorganized & slow.

I gave my manager a month's notice that I was interviewing elsewhere and thinking about leaving. I was told they would "take legal action against me and I would get in trouble" for leaving. I promptly left the next day and never looked back. If you have other options, take them.

Advice to Management

Show up on time on the first day. Don't threaten employees.

4. "STAY FAR AWAY"

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Cary, NC

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Basic benefits, but other than that...

Cons

Management is TERRIBLE, will not fire bad employees (Ex. doesn't show up for work, shows up but watches youtube the entire time and does nothing) but only move them to another project to be terrible there instead so that it doesn't look like there is high turnover. My team has been waiting for THREE MONTHS to get the overtime we worked (mandatory overtime work for an entire month, only one day off that whole month), management promised it would be last month but obviously it was not. Unrealistic expectations for the team, especially after not paying us. Made a lot of big promises like after 1 year they would help you find a better project or if you are interested in a different field they would help you... obviously they have not delivered there, either. NO CAREER GROWTH unless you are Indian and male. They don't care about their customers, they just want the numbers to look good even if they client is unhappy with the service because they have them roped in with a contract.

Advice to Management

Try to CARE about your employees and customers. Just because numerical data is quantifiable does not mean it is the only way to show progress. You guys talk a big game, but it means nothing if you don't follow through. Running good employees into the ground is an excellent way to lose good employees.

5. "HCL treats their non-indian counterparts like crap"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Phila, PA

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I get a paycheck and decent benefits

Cons

There are good people on the vendor side, but all the HCL of Indian decent stick together and do not let me into the club. The HCL manager never reaches out to me unless my timesheet is late. All HCL cares about is getting a check.

Advice to Management

Change your culture

6. "Poor Onboarding, No Communication, no one takes responsibility"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Melvindale, MI
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Melvindale, MI

I have been working at HCL Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

On Boarding is done online and electronically.
    Allowed to update multiple accounts for direct deposit.
    I was told by HCL recruiter pay was bi-weekly.

Cons

On Boarding is repeated on first day so everything you did prior does not matter.
    When your on board you re enter your direct deposit and only one account is allowed for pay distribution.

Must wait 4 to 5 weeks for first pay. Pay is bi-monthly (15th and end of month).
    After 4 weeks I still have not been paid.

Advice to Management

Get your head in the game. Your co-workers and team members are on the side of the client. Help them do their job.

7. "Breeding a political ecosystem"

Former Employee - Senior Test Lead in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Test Lead in Dallas, TX

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The brand name is all that is left!

Cons

Bad Review system
    Zero appreciation
    Pathetic Management
    Nepotism
    Self obsessed leaders!

Advice to Management

Good luck to you in losing more accounts with your pathetic leadership skills!

8. "Enter at your own risk"

Former Employee - IT Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A job if you need one to meet your financial responsibilities. Otherwise "Enter at your own risk"

Cons

I became an employee of HCL when they took over the IT operations of the company I worked for, due to the company Outsourcing the entire IT department to HCL. I had to train my replacement but I was one of the few lucky ones who was offered an opportunity to remain with HCL. I stayed with them for a little over a year, but left because management was all over the place. There were too many managers and not enough people to actually perform the work. Also if you were not Indian or of Indian decent you were treated like a second class citizen and many times not even included in your own departmen's meetings. the non-Indian employees used to refer to the company as HCHell instead of HCL... that tells a lot...

Advice to Management

Management needs to be more responsive. I know they are based in India but responsiveness needs to improve. They also need to properly determine the undertaking of projects so that they can provide adequate levels of staff and support.

"Worst Management"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at HCL Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good medical and insurance benefits. 401K plan available.

Cons

They will hire employee as a full time role and after project completions they will fire immediately. After laid off within next 30 days I saw many requirement on job portal from same company, then what is use of zero bench policy.
    Low pay so negotiate before join.
    Worst management.

Advice to Management

If you want to run your business in USA, then start working with contract peoples, don't screw employee's carrier.

10. "AVOID this company"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Antonio, TX
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at HCL Technologies as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

There are some decent people that work here.

Cons

Management is horrible. They do not care about you. For the fact that I have put up with this place over a year is a miracle. But I am completely fed up and looking for a new job. Management will throw random ideas out until they find something that sticks. They don't see employees, they see dollar signs. When I was converted from sub-contractor to contractor I went 3 months without pay, along with other people. The list of cons is endless. Save yourself from this place. Nothing but lifeless eyes from the people who have been here longer then 3 months. It's gone downhill since I joined July of 2016. Only reason I've remained is by having some hope things would get better.

Showing 152 of 9,830 reviews