HCL Workforce Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
HCL Workforce Solutions CEO Stephen Burke
Stephen Burke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Really there is great career development, nice working environment and they value employees for sure (in 4 reviews)

• Some good people left in the business (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • HCL has been dropping off the recruitment map for a number of years (in 2 reviews)

1. "Very messy place to be"

Former Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in London, England (UK)

I worked at HCL Workforce Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am sorry but I cannot remember anything positive rather than a good people I met there, and who unfortunately stayed even shorter time than me.

Cons

What a messy place, very high staff turnover- speaks for itself about company values and how they treat their workforce. We didn't get our bonus for 8 months for no reason. I got mine once just before leaving, they were just saving money on us. There was no unity or ethics- everyone came from different agencies and worked against each other. I came to a desk of 8 people and had to replace every single one team member.

Advice to Management

It would be nice for you to stop behaving cowardly and start appreciating people's work instead of talking behind back. Please recruit people managers rather than those who have no people's focus or interest in humanities. Change top management as this attitude is coming from the top down. Hope it has improved but back in 2013 it was exactly like this.

"Recriutment Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at HCL Workforce Solutions (More than 5 years)

Pros

great team, kitchen, clean bathroom with showers

Cons

Blind management, they only bark their orders from behind computers. No involvement with the consultants, no building relations, no transparency, no commission on time - always wrong.
    You can't progress unless the manager is your friend or you know him/her for a long time. During cuts only management's friends managed to keep their jobs. Brown nose culture.

Advice to Management

Get involved, smile, be brave, assume your mistakes and invest in your people.

"Toxic place to work"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at HCL Workforce Solutions full-time

Pros

Working with a great team is what kept me there, however, I am glad to see the back of HCL.

Cons

The place is truly unprofessional, from management to the people they employee. Never have I been exposed to that level of rudeness and arrogance, most of all from people who have zero experience and dare I say it skills. Senior management are only concerned about making money and don't take on feedback very well. The place is toxic to the bone and people should stay away if you want to keep your sanity.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and you may start to see higher levels of results.

"a company in decline"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at HCL Workforce Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office and a good location, some good people within the business

Cons

HCL is a company that appears to be going backwards, talent seems to be leaving at an alarming rate. Very much a company that if your face fits you will be okay. Will take a long time to make money here as a consultant. The only people who do well financially are the people who have been there for a long time. Very limited organic growth.

Advice to Management

Allow growth from within, your billers are your biggest asset not your smallest

"Working at HCL"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at HCL Workforce Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I got the job! Which at the time I was thankful for

Cons

Back-stabbing is rife!!! Commission never paid & Management are more than happy to steal your ideas, put you on a pedestal then squeeze you out to add to their already 'Hire & Fire' culture, with 28 people leaving in 8 months in one division it is one of the worst places I have worked and it comes from the top, it is filtered down, if you are unlucky enough to not be in a 'top job' then expect to be down trodden and blamed for everything, this company is transparent in it's two-faced-ness.

Advice to Management

My advice to Management is, employ new Managers, Team leaders etc. It all comes from the top, the problems occur from the attitudes and carelessness from the top of the triangle.

"Employee last"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at HCL Workforce Solutions full-time

Pros

I get my salary on time every month.

Cons

If you are an european employee you won't get any training, apart from poor online material on their intranet. No career path whatsoever. Lots of politics. The only way to grow in your career is to be your boss best mate. Managers are completely useless an unexperience are they got to their management position only by being friends with higher management and not for their professionalism or experience.

Advice to Management

Improve pay and invest in your employees. This whole 'employee first' is a beautiful motto to divulge to the rest of the world but the fact is that hcl do not care about their employees.

7. "unrewarding career growth"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Chennai (India)

Pros

friendly environment, the entire leadership at all levels are very approachable. There is scope and time given for learning within the organisation

Cons

too many protocols and the midlevel leadership does not possess any powers to provide career growth. governed by archaic rules

Advice to Management

need to work more like a corporate environment. should not be stuck with the number of years theory rather with result oriented performance

8. "How to Join HCL"

Pros

If you are smart enough, even if you are not a techie you can solidly negotiate for package , you will get it. (but no appraisal after you are in.)

Cons

1. Biased Appraisal.
    2. Biased Oppurtunities.
    3. Best Brains ill treated.
    4. Industry veterans treated as equals with Graduate Freshers.

Advice to Management

Have some self respect good for you and HCL.

9. "Feedback on new acquisition"

Current Employee - Associate Manager
    Current Employee - Associate Manager

Pros

There are many opportunities worldwide and I personally think HCL does it's best as a Job Hunter company.

Cons

Unreasonably low salary, lesser benefit, when during acquisition, HCL takes the opportunity to take away your existing benefit. The administration and information is not transparent. Poor HR/Admin. For example, when you seek for details, you will be redirected to the portal and you get no information from there and when you return to the HR/Admin, it took really long to get the ‘answer’ and most of the time, it is either the answer is not firmed or they are not answering you question at all.

Advice to Management

HCL should keeps its good job in finding new job opportunities.