HCS Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

HCS Healthcare Reviews

Updated June 9, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Really great people to work with (in 6 reviews)

• when people say they love what they do, but I truly love waking up and coming to work every single day (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The jobs orders are stale and have been open for several months because the sales team does not sell (in 5 reviews)

• High turnover can create unrest in the workplace, this industry consistently has (in 3 reviews)

"Love Love Love"

Pros

I love working here. It is a friendly environment, and new management team genuinely cares about their employees. If you do the work you're supposed to, you will be rewarded. If not, it's your own fault. There is always someone willing to train and assist.

Cons

There are some individuals with negative attitudes, but that is by no means a reflection of the company itself.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

HCS Healthcare Response

Sep 26, 2016 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

Thank you for taking the time to review. We take pride in our team.

"It is what you make it"

Current Employee - National Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at HCS Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a great environment of young hungry people looking to make money. The culture can be fun if you enjoy the people around you, if you are constantly negative you will attain negative results.

Cons

High turnover can create unrest in the workplace, this industry consistently has high turnover. You get what you give, just like everything else.

Advice to Management

Be completely transparent with your employees, no more micro managing.
    "It doesn't make sense to high smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do"
    -Steve Jobs

Sep 12, 2016 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

At HealthCare Scouts we empower our employees to make decisions and come to us with ideas. We encourage feedback and transparency at all levels.

"Great People, great opportunity"

I have been working at HCS Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is on the right track. There are a lot of fun, energetic people working here. Lots of orders and chances to do well.

Cons

There was a lot of turnover towards the end of 2015. With all new leaders and a different approach everything is changed for the best. You see some old former employees who seem very concerned about posting negative reviews over and over, please move on with your lives. Things are different now and you should spend your energy in a positive direction.

Advice to Management

To the new leaders, keep hiring great people and doing the right things. The environment is great and the future is very bright.

Sep 12, 2016 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

The people on our team are the heart of our organization. We look forward to growing the company together, the feedback is greatly appreciated.

"The Real Deal"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winter Park, FL

I have been working at HCS Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a current employee, I feel slightly ashamed that I haven't put up a post until now. Mainly because like most working people that have a great job, it doesn't occur to me that I should go to a website and tell people about it. However, after reading the reviews, I feel compelled to do so, and NO I am not in management nor has anyone at Scouts asked me or anyone to my knowledge to write this. Let's start with the facts, most of the individuals that are hired here are for sales roles (news flash, recruiting is a sales position) since we are a sales organization. If you do not have an interest in sales, or in calling people and being on the phone all day, recruiting isn't for you. Recruiting can be difficult for a lot of people. It takes a certain type of personality to do well. Sometimes its hard to tell who will succeed in this business and who will not. Because of that, like most sales organizations, there is turnover. People leave because the job isn't for them and people are exited eventually for the same reason. Nothing more. I have been in sales for a long time and attrition in sales environments is nothing new. What makes this company stand out among other recruiting opportunities and other opportunities in general, is the openness of the leadership team, the above average pay and commission that can be made (and they don't change the commission structure every year so that you never know what you are going to make), work/life balance, and the overall attitude of the majority of those that work here. Its a great group of people and plenty of them have been here for many years.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of the reviews on here are either from people that did not see success in this business or the success they were hoping for and are disgruntled over it, or those that think its "greener on the other side". I get it, I've been there too in my life. I have worked for large corporations and small entities, and I can assure you, this is a great place to work. Period. Is this the last job you will ever have? Probably not, but you will have the ability to make great money and learn a great business alongside great people. Yes, management has turned over a few times, but each has brought something new to the roles they serve and the company has been better for it. The current management seems to truly care about the employees and maintains a fun and energetic environment and is extremely open to new ideas. I get the sense that they really want everyone to be able to come in each day, make a great living and enjoy the time they spend here.

I could go on for awhile about the reviews I have read on here and how absolutely absurd they are, to be honest, but I will not waste more time targeting them. I would encourage anyone interested in working here to come in and see for yourself. Talk to some of the employees at random, ask them whatever questions you have and I think you will find something different then many of the reviews on this site would have you believe.

I did not come from recruiting, or the healthcare industry when I was hired here. I was in sales and sales management looking for a company I could believe in. I worked hard as a recruiter and was rewarded and continue to be. I have gained an immense amount of knowledge during my time here, and will continue to do so. I love being a part of Scouts and look forward to what we will continue to accomplish together.

Cons

To work here long term or to make good money, you have to work hard...bottom line. If you are not ready or willing to do that at this point in your career then this is not an industry for you. You are also going to have to invest some time. A few months will sometimes not be enough to evaluate a new career choice.

And change...yes there is continual change here as this small company continues to evolve into a much larger and stronger one. Keep this in mind, change is constant in any business. That is why we have the saying that the only constant...is in fact change. I learned well before working here to embrace change, even when that change is incredibly uncertain. Working at Scouts has only helped me embrace it further.

If you really want to split hairs, ancillary health benefits could be a little better, but considering we are a small private company, they are better than most. I know they do their best to provide us the best they can. The way they treat employees and how they handle personal needs far make up for anything on that front anyways.

To continue on the honesty front, parking can be tough, so you have to get here early.

Advice to Management

Change can be hard, continue to be transparent in the direction you are moving the company. However, since change can be difficult for some and the majority of employees have not had a lot of exposure to it, be mindful that the changes you are making may need more foresight and explanation then you feel necessary. Make sure there remains to be an open forum to express concerns or ask additional questions and, above all, ask for feedback, ideas and improvements, no matter how small.

I believe in the direction we are headed, but belief and trust can falter when you feel like you are wearing a blindfold. We can only get there, together.

Sep 12, 2016 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

We appreciate the feedback and have a management philosophy of transparency and will continue on our growth pattern. We agree we can only be successful together.

"Its call "WORK" for a reason!"

Current Employee - National Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

Pros

I am current employed with Healthcare Scouts and let me tell you it is not at all what some of these "reviews" would have you believe. This is an excellent place to work with great leaders who actually care about the success of their employee's. Because at the end of the day the more successful we are as recruiters, the more successful the company is as a whole. It is called "WORK" for a reason. One must put forth effort in order to truly see results. If you are lazy, need your hand held, and can't be self-motivated. This isn't the place for you. The money is there if you want it. Cheers!

Cons

In any environment there are office politics but that comes with the territory.

Advice to Management

Debbie and Bill! Please keep up the great work! We appreciate you both!

Sep 12, 2016 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

Our team puts in the work here at HealthCare Scouts and reaps the rewards. We are proud the work that our team does day in and day out. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review.

"No internal mobility"

Former Employee - National Recruiting Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - National Recruiting Consultant in Orlando, FL

I worked at HCS Healthcare full-time

Pros

For recruiters- This is great training! You’re learning how to recruit in a wildly difficult environment and on challenging jobs. You’ll do well when you take this experience to your next employer and your next employer will be well aware of the reputation Scouts has. I would advise you do this sooner rather than later.

There are some GREAT people who have/do work here. It is wildly unfair to them and their families how they get tossed around, discarded, and worked beyond healthy levels. I hope that they find an organization that will offer a work/life balance to them and provide a healthier environment that isn’t dominated by fear.

Cons

It’s been mentioned, that Scouts is the lab rat to Health Care Support, or maybe it’s just a demented social experiment for the amusement of the company owner. This couldn’t be more true! He tries things out on Scouts and if it puts more money in his pocket, he implements it at Support. If it doesn’t result in improvement in 4-6 weeks, he reorganizes the entire company all over again. I don’t even bother sharing the stories about what’s new, and what’s changing. It too crazy to even believe and to be present for it is exhausting. At times it feels down right abusive. The lashings come out in the morning and ice cream deliveries come in the afternoon to put a Band-Aid on things and make you forget the sting.

The owner is a snake in the grass. He chooses to point the finger at our former Presidents (plural) and blame them for running his company into the ground. The way he describes the people that were is former go-to people is disgusting, disruptive, and unsettling. Newsflash: Regardless of who sits in the President seat, the CEO stays the same. He is driving force behind all of the cockamamie decisions. As the owner, he won’t go anywhere until ready to sell so please, continue to shame those that have left to divert attention away from your own failings.

Fact: The company has terminated or seen the resignation of 26 people in the past 6 months. At a company this size, that’s over 30%, and how many people are in producer positions? 40? So we just turned 26 out of 40? Yikes. Better make new hires “healthcare experts” in a hurry.

Fact: Of those that left FOUR of them were your senior leadership team, with one of them moving into a different role in the company altogether. Four. That’s the entire leadership group! What is going on here? What kind of company is that unstable? If all the leaders have turned, who’s driving this train…could it be our CEO?

Advice to Management

For those that acquired the former President's clients- keep on keeping on. Yes, you got lucky and were in the right place at the right time, but not before you worked your tails off as recruiters. This role was not handed to you. You earned it, contrary to what these reviews say. Drive your cars and cash your checks.

For leadership- enjoy rebutting this review by posting a new one about how great Scouts is.

Everyone else- watch your back and dust off your resume

Sep 12, 2016 – HealthCare Scouts Inc.

We take all feedback into consideration and look forward to offering career progression and continuous training to our current staff.

"The positive reviews are fake"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Winter Park, FL

I worked at HCS Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They'll hire pretty much anyone (only because there's no hesitation in firing anyone). So if you're lacking experience this is a foot in the door.

Cons

Expect to be treated like a number.

Advice to Management

Employees who believe that management is concerned about them as a whole person – not just an employee – are more productive, more satisfied, more fulfilled. Satisfied employees mean satisfied customers, which leads to profitability

Sep 12, 2016 – Corporate Support Manager

We are invested and care about our HealthCare Scouts employees and continue to strive for improvement. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

"Eh"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at HCS Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair pay, transparent expectations, nice people

Cons

call center environment, repetitive, very boring

Advice to Management

none

"Big Potential with Right Attitude"

I worked at HCS Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Healthcare Scouts provides the potential to earn a good living if you are willing to put in the work. When I was first hired, I had the wrong attitude... I made enough effort to skate through the daily requirements but I would do it all differently if I had the opportunity again. Since leaving, I woke up and realized nothing in this world will come easy unless I am working to my best potential, the individuals that had that attitude when I was there were rewarded for their efforts. I would go back to work there again, but this time I would remain focused on my goals and motivations and pick the brains of those who have excelled from within to be able to reach that level of success. HCS is a lot like working on Wall Street, you either have the attitude and drive to be successful or you don't, nothing comes for free.

Cons

Consistency was lacking with restructuring taking place all too often. Finding a company formula to success and consistently improving upon this formula was lacking, once I would find a rhythm, it would all change again at the drop of a hat. Not sure if it's still like that now, but that's how it was a couple years ago. Those who adjusted well to the change were successful, those who allowed it to ruin them, sabotaged their own future.

Advice to Management

Set the standard up front. Your company provides the tools and platform to be successful and make a lot of money, but without a firm upfront standard being set, too many new hires will expect their hands to be held and performance will be lacking. If someone sat me down in the beginning and said:
    1) You have the potential to make a lot of money here
    2) No one is going to hold your hand, your personal drive is what will contribute to your success, the more you want to learn, the more you will learn
    3) Minimum call counts are exactly that... minimum.
    4) If you don't like cold calls or picking up the phone, this isn't for you.
    5) There's a bigger picture for every client, seeing that bigger picture will contribute to your success.

Everyone is motivated differently, if you are motivated by helmet stickers and high fives, you're not always going to get that there. If you are motivated by success, that is controlled completely by what you put in to the work you have a bright future.

"You Get What You Give"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at HCS Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staffing is not for everyone. This is my first job in the industry and I have quickly seen that this is the type of career where the work either 'clicks', or not. It is not 'rocket science', and is not a technically difficult job, but not everyone is guaranteed success. You are given the tools and training necessary, and are expected to put in the right level of effort to achieve the desired results (this level of effort looks different for everyone...some individuals need to work harder than others but that is the nature of any job, in my opinion). It's a job, so you have to do the work-surprise! Yes, there are expectations and metrics. Yes, you have to be a good 'culture fit', but it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that not every shoe will fit on every foot. At this organization you are working with a great group of individuals with outgoing, personable attitudes who are great to be around on a daily basis. You are praised for your successes by your peers and leadership, encouraged along the way, and for the most part have the autonomy to do things as you see fit, without someone breathing down your neck. You can see a clear pattern in most of the individuals that have been with the company long term and have achieved a high level of success...they work hard every single day without becoming complacent, are flexible, and have an open relationship with leadership.

Cons

There are periods of turnover that seem to come in waves and lower overall morale from time to time. It can be stressful to see your peers leave/get let go, but in reality, 90% of the time it is not a huge surprise to anyone when someone leaves or is fired.

Advice to Management

The training (and this has nothing to do with past/present trainers, just the material) is a little bit boring...maybe incorporate some games or activities to make it more interactive, especially for the 'continued education' trainings.