KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

HD Supply CEO Shane O’Kelley
Shane O’Kelley

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of HD Supply and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Account Manager

Mar 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company to work for.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Post Merger w THD Pro Multifamily

May 7, 2022 - Field Area Representative in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I still have a job, work from home, and have flexible days.

Cons

The value wheel is broken on this side of the house. Upper Management-VP level decision - pays HD Pro people who transitioned over less than a new hire with no experience. This job is highly matrix driven and not sales oriented as it is on the Home Depot side of the business. Management uses fear and “firing” if you don’t hit your matrix numbers. Even though this is now a Home Depot Company, it’s not managed like one and the culture is not the same. Very sad- I loved working for the THD, this side of the house is broken - I hope this gets resolved or we will lose even more great talent,

3. 2.0

Not what it used to be

May 6, 2022 - Field Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to make good money

Cons

New leadership came in like a freight train three years ago and it has not been the same since. Fear culture of leadership No loyalty to team Poorly planned Integration with new business has a mass exodus of talented sales reps. Instead of selling they would rather have us clicking 1000 boxes in the system Over 90 days and have not given goals, numbers to see how we are doing, and even locking down a specific portfolio.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I love my Job

May 16, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

I get $17,89 per hr not bad

Cons

Had to go back to the office so i am looking for something else.

5. 1.0
    Current Employee

HDSupply could be better.

May 3, 2022 - Customer Service Representative II
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is ok. Hours are decent. 401k match and stock options are a plus.

Cons

Management is very strict, uncaring and every minute is tracked. It felt like they don't trust their employees. I felt I spent more time documenting my interactions with customers than actually working with customers. They recently fired many long time employees with 20 year or more with a company with whom they merged. No warning was give. No one was given the option to retire early. No severance packages were even offered. Some were less than a year away from retirement. These were good hard working sales professions who were cast aside without any regard for their past dedication or futures. This made everyone concerned for their jobs. Corporate culture is very negative and controlling. I did not like it after the merger.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don't get to comfortable

Apr 28, 2022 - Creative Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team was great, supportive and helps you learn and become better in your field Pay and company building were nice Creative managers were great and always willing to help and take time to teach you

Cons

Don't get to comfortable they lay off people with zero warning whether you've been there 6 months or 40 years Work load is heavy and rarely any down time, probably worse after they laid off a good portion of the creative team last year High stress environment

7. 4.0

Great company

May 6, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and working conditions

Cons

Wages are not competitive in today’s environment

8. 3.0
    Current Employee

Future of this company uncertain

Feb 25, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

HD Suppy just took over Home Depot Pro . I am still employed.

Cons

Home Depot Pro was bought out by HD Supply and the transition has been scary so far. Many sales reps who have been with the company (Home Depot Pro) for 20 years were fired with no severance or early retirement options. This after Home Depot employees were promised that no one would be let go-- that their jobs were safe. It has been less than a month. I am keeping my options open.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent place to work

Mar 23, 2022 - Lead Driver/Supervisor in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed working remotely with a small team during my employment at HD Supply facilities maintenance. The days were long, but the overall networking opportunity of meeting tons of new people opened up many doors for me. Decent pay (considering it’s a not CDl position) Benefits and time off is great. (I had 4 weeks after 3 years)

Cons

-Minimal to no hands on help or assistance with large deliveries. -The trucks are incredibly temperamental ( I drove multiple trucks, they always had mechanical issues right out of the gate)

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

HD Supply is a place to grow, great people

Apr 15, 2022 - Senior Solutions Architect
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity's to grow, ability to move up in the company, they care about their people

Cons

Not a lot of salary increase opportunities without changing titles

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,226 Reviews

HD Supply Reviews FAQs

HD Supply has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 1,285 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at HD Supply to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, HD Supply employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at HD Supply. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

55% of HD Supply employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated HD Supply 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at HD Supply to be compensation, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with HD Supply Job Seekers