HD Supply Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
HD Supply CEO Joe DeAngelo
Joe DeAngelo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Had a culture geared toward overall wellness and work-life balance (in 40 reviews)

• Great people out to help the customer (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no work / life balance (in 23 reviews)

• Upper management does not listen to employee feedback (in 38 reviews)

1. "Business Analyst"

I worked at HD Supply full-time

Pros

There are none. Never found anything good while working there.

Cons

Worst company culture, from top to bottom.

"Corruption all around"

I worked at HD Supply full-time

Pros

Pay was competitive and wellness program was robust.

Cons

Where to begin? Corruption is lurking around every corner with this company. Micromanagement, good ole boy society, shady business practices and gender discrimination, just to name a few. Human Resources does not protect associates, rather looks the other way. This is in reference to HD Supply Waterworks in particular, which now has been rebranded to Core & Main. Job seeker beware!

"Project Management"

I have been working at HD Supply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Busy, challenging, something different everyday. Being out of the office on jobs.

Cons

Corporate management is a "good old boy" mentality that were all brought from GE that has no clue on what the business is nor knows how to manage it.

Advice to Management

Take time to learn and meet the employees at all the different branches, and not come in with a bully attitude.

"Government Field Account Manager"

Former Employee - Government Field Account Manager
    Former Employee - Government Field Account Manager

I worked at HD Supply full-time

Pros

Getting to build a relationship with your customers and co workers,

Cons

It's a big red flag when your NE area sales manager starts to brag about how he used to slack off on the job when he used to be a GFAR. In addition your requests for additional training gets turned down because he is "too busy". I was new to the industry and requested additional in class and field training in my first month, which he pushed off until 3 months later. I struggled and I repeatedly asked for training which kept being pushed off. It seemed he did not want to put the time into training his employee. I asked lots of questions along the way and it seemed he had a long sigh when I asked, which came across to me as he didn't want to put the time into teaching me. Spending 3 days in the field in the first two weeks is not considered training. The best leaders spend time with their employees and continue to coach them. In addition the application process was extremely long, 3 months. Most companies do not do that. I went 3 months unemployed and unpaid while waiting for their decision. I also went through 3 in person interviews and I had 6 excellent references, 3 of them being a regional sales managers. I felt I was set up to fail. Not the kind of leadership i expected from this company.

Advice to Management

Don't give up on your employees so easily.

"Worst Place to work!"

I have been working at HD Supply full-time

Pros

The people on my team are terrific! Other than that, nothing else good to say. This might be the most dysfunctional place I have ever worked

Cons

CEO is absent and the rest of the leaders could care less about the morale of the organization. Most days we spend comparing where we will be interviewing during the work. Can't wait to leave this company.

Advice to Management

Start talking to your people or you wont have a company much longer

"Lost core values and culture- Don't waste your time"

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at HD Supply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good people to work with.

Cons

Terrible management team, poor judgement in hiring the right people for the job, Lost all core values when became public. No loyalty to employees who work there for a long time. There is no culture. Don't waste your time.

Advice to Management

Focus in the customer, employees and core values.

"Stay away..... Run"

Current Employee - Account Representative
    Current Employee - Account Representative

I have been working at HD Supply full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Our customers like to work with us and our company. Like the interaction with them and certain team members that you can depend on.

Cons

There have been so many changes in the years. While we are in the business to make money for the company, we fail our customers by having lack of inventory, damaged merchandise(Not caused by drivers) and poor customer service. The persona the company portrays is you have to buy from HDS. Inventory management is horrible, more time is spent trying to substitute items to help our customers complete their work. Benefits used to be exceptional, they are now sub par. Trying to get an answer for an issue is a multiple step process and usually takes to long and the customer is let down. Middle management are micro-managers that are like little puppets, they are running scared at the present time.

Advice to Management

Leadership is nonexistent, the leadership team is being replaced once again after driving into the wall by our CEO and others. Were in the customer service business, time to face reality and learn how to run the business. You are driving professional hardworking employees away.

8. "Horrible"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Northlake, IL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Northlake, IL

I have been working at HD Supply full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits. Nothing much else to say

Cons

No work life balance. Unethical. No union

Advice to Management

Stop picking with workers you don't like and making a new rule every week. This job SUCKS. managers treat you like you have no human rights. They monitor your bathroom breaks. Regular breaks. Very petty. Doesn't care about your life outside of work. We never know when we're going home. The system goes down and they make us stay until it is back up. Working from 11 am to 9 or 10 pm. Too much work and they change our start time whenever they want. Don't work here if you don't want to commit your entire life to Hd supply. Even if you give it your all they still want more. Work distribution is non existent. Claims to have open door policy but says to think twice before coming to them with something and making sure it's not petty.

"Stay away, all they care about is corporate greed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at HD Supply full-time

Pros

The company will mostly likely be sold off and dismantled soon.

Cons

Leadership is only concerned with the almighty dollar and how they look to other executives. This company has ethics issues, starting with the class action lawsuit against the CEO and it doesn't stop there. I will never buy anything from this company and I work there. Absolutely terrible

Advice to Management

Learn the meaning of ethics and truth.

10. "Lumberyard worker"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at HD Supply part-time

Pros

The employees are great. Made friends with almost everybody there.

Cons

Poor management skills.
    Bias amongst workers.
    Very poorly organized.
    I'm currently a college student and when I told them my new school schedule, they decided to just fire me because they couldn't find a place for me. I worked there for 8 months and they just decided to let me go without really discussing it with me. They preached family and that they take care of their employees but when the opportunity came for them to show it, they failed. This company is not loyal to their workers and the employees aren't treated very well.

Advice to Management

Respect your workers. Show some loyalties. I make a lot of friends there and I feel bad for those that have to stay there.