HEINEKEN USA Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
HEINEKEN USA CEO Ronald den Elzen
Ronald den Elzen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The strongest pros for Heineken USA are its company rooted in its traditional values with great people and great brands: (in 12 reviews)

• The people that work there are great people (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance: is really up to you (in 10 reviews)

• Very political, hard work will not get your promoted, kissing butt will (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Truly great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales in America, OK
    Current Employee - Sales in America, OK

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company with great brands! Legendary experiences from a first class organization. Cool partnerships with: Bruno Mars, Canelo Alvarez, Neil Patrick Harris, ESPN, Soccer, Coachella, Outside Lands, Ultra, etc. Family owned company that promotes entrepreneurship within your role. Diversity in this company is great as we have people from all over the world working here creating an awesome multicultural team. Ability to move up in the company if you work hard. Company cares about employees as they ensure safety is at the forefront of all we do. Competitive compensation and benefits package. Really good company car program includes free gas and 100% maintenance. Free monthly beer allowance. Team first culture.

Cons

Need to add more people to our business intelligence team to support the zones.
    That's the only con at this point.

Advice to Management

Simplify and drive laser focus on critical few must win objectives. Continue to focus on developing our people. Keep the candid and open challenger mindset that allows people to impact change. Stay true to our plans!

"On Premise Manager"

Current Employee - On Premise Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - On Premise Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family owned company that is known around the world. Great Portfolio of Brands to sell. Culture is first class and the people create a family type atmosphere.

Cons

Tough to move into different career paths due to the limited number of positions within the company. Difficult to learn and grow skillsets due to the narrow scope of many roles within organization.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Director in White Plains, NY

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great brand recognition - people know the brand

Cons

Management team disengagement, politics / favoritism. Poor climate and non-stellar benefits. Company performance mediocre resulting in shortfall in bonus payouts for years.

Advice to Management

Put your money where your mouth mouth is- lots of talk about improving climate - lots of discussion- no action (for years). And now the focus is gone. Most see MT as disingenuous. Only friendly and engaged with you if they need you - then forget you exist. Be genuine.
    Create a company with benefits that make others envious- we are standard/sub standard for our size

"Employee Handbook"

Current Employee - Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people and experience. Great Brands!

Cons

Work life balance is tough. Competitive market.

Advice to Management

This is advice to the people who are posting negative reviews. If your grievances are "True" you should use, open up your employee handbook. This isn't snapchat or the right place. Grow up!
    Heineken has a good culture in a competitive market. It's not perfect but we also don't live in a land of marshmallows and Care Bears.

"Failing brand, poor strategy, unfit leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at HEINEKEN USA full-time

Pros

Company car. Free beer. Management OUTSIDE of NorCal or Pacific Zone.

Cons

Not progressive. Same strategies despite failures in recent years, quarters, etc. will not spend or adjust with the times. Extreme micromanagement.

Advice to Management

Failing brand, poor strategy, unfit leader

My time at Heineken was all too brief, however I wouldn't say avoid the company in general, but particularly the NorCal regions, aka Pacific Zone. Management is intolerable, ignorant, and unprofessional, all the while masquerading as business savvy, professional, and caring. Politics is what matters here, facebook at work posts (yes there is yelling about pictures and "stealing" credit for work done or posts), and consistent chest pounding. Blunder after blunder, literally the keys for company cars were thrown in the air, the merchandising team scrambled for them, totally disregarding insurance, make model, VIN, etc, then there is the promoting of abrasive, adversarial, sexist, and racist behaviors, don't let me forget the violent themed emails, the after hours calls and yell fests, the midnight requests to drive 3 hours starting at 6 am, that's only a few transgressions off the list. HR takes forever, if ever to return a call or come to your aid, and even then nothing is done, they just don't seem to value employees. People are afraid to speak out due to firing, retaliation, or just lack of trust. It isn't any wonder when you couple this sort of atmosphere with limited marketing resources, dwindling customer base, and competitors who clearly invest more funding or have greater relevancy, that this brand is failing. I am glad I left on my own terms rather than suffer another day in this negligent, abusive, and idiotic culture that has manifested itself with the last reorganization. Don't blame the people, market conditions, regions, or even distributors. Blame leadership who isn't fit to lead the zone, who rides on the backs of others success and efforts, lacks accountability, and is devoid of any understanding of business acumen. Also, as previous review states, please brush up on vocab and couth. It is severely lacking and sorely needed.

"Do Not Waste Your Time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bella Vista, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bella Vista, AR

I worked at HEINEKEN USA (Less than a year)

Pros

Free beer every month and beer taps in the office.

Cons

High turnover, poor management, unclear goals and objectives, sales teams are a farce, and lastly, they would rather fire someone than coach them.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage people. Learn how to lead and mentor rather than make excuses. Any person in the company with one direct report or more should attend at least one leadership workshop. Poor direction with too many managers and not enough workers.

"Former Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I worked at HEINEKEN USA full-time

Pros

Brands, Beer Allowance, Smart people, some offsite events

Cons

My department had lots of turnover. Employees felt disconnected at times. Troubled by management's integrity and not a lot of regard for employees concerns

Advice to Management

Listen to others more - it may help and may save $

"Regional Demand Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Demand Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Demand Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Independence in how to execute the role, access to sales and how the business is doing, work on innovations forecasts

Cons

Career progression limitations, where to go as the next step especially if you want to move up further in the organization

Advice to Management

Keep up the changes that are being put in place, we are on the right track

9. "Zone Director"

Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Brands, Top Global Company with right ambitions for the US Market, you are allowed to make your mark.

Cons

Lots of changes, confusion, Central Influence is hurting morale

Advice to Management

Move ahead with needed changes, consider your base employees, they are the foundation of the company.

"Heineken"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Great work / life balance

Cons

Average compensation for Region leadership (no stock options, etc)