HEINEKEN USA Reviews in White Plains, NY | Glassdoor

2.8
HEINEKEN USA CEO Ronald den Elzen
Ronald den Elzen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great culture, open collaboration and great brands (in 12 reviews)

• The people that work there are great people (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance: is really up to you (in 10 reviews)

• Super political, a lot of nepotism, way too many org changes and high turnover (in 3 reviews)

1. "Amazing People Company"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in White Plains, NY

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Heineken USA means you get to have a large impact on what is a small and young company in the United States. It is also being part of an industry which is ever changing with immense opportunities. Finally, it's a lot of fun. Being part of a company that is associated with Music, Boxing and Soccer is pretty cool. It is a lot of work but 1+ years later I'm still blown away by the talent and creativity of people I work with. I definitely come home everyday feeling fulfilled in what I do.

Cons

The Beer Industry is not like most industries. There are a lot of laws and restrictions. Furthermore, with the three-tier system, you need to work with distributors to ensure your brands are top of mind.

Advice to Management

Keep true to our core values. We have always been a premium and quality company. Let's continue to never take shortcuts and do things the right way. Also, let's continue our mission of sustainability and drinking responsibility. The safety of our employees, distributors and consumers is essential to our success as a company.

"Disorganized"

Current Employee - Middle Management in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Middle Management in White Plains, NY

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people. junior people can have a big impact in areas management is neglecting (see below)

Cons

MAnagement likes to decide the most insignificant things but spends little time solving the big issues like prioritizing. Leads to chaos and impacts moral as they disimpower junior folks.

Advice to Management

Stop making decisions from the center. You don't know what's going on and you end up forcing people to tell you what you want to hear. No wonder you are constantly surprised

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Director in White Plains, NY

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great brand recognition - people know the brand

Cons

Management team disengagement, politics / favoritism. Poor climate and non-stellar benefits. Company performance mediocre resulting in shortfall in bonus payouts for years.

Advice to Management

Put your money where your mouth mouth is- lots of talk about improving climate - lots of discussion- no action (for years). And now the focus is gone. Most see MT as disingenuous. Only friendly and engaged with you if they need you - then forget you exist. Be genuine.
    Create a company with benefits that make others envious- we are standard/sub standard for our size

"Former Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I worked at HEINEKEN USA full-time

Pros

Brands, Beer Allowance, Smart people, some offsite events

Cons

My department had lots of turnover. Employees felt disconnected at times. Troubled by management's integrity and not a lot of regard for employees concerns

Advice to Management

Listen to others more - it may help and may save $

5. "Great culture great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Pros

-Very flexible culture
    -Friendly environment
    -Open communication
    -Not a lot of layers

Cons

-Office space is not enough however the company will be expanding it during summer time

6. "Great Place To Work"

Former Employee - Manager in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in White Plains, NY

I worked at HEINEKEN USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talented people who are very committed to their jobs and the company. Work environment and company culture. Place where you can advance your career if you put in the effort and energy. Senior leadership team that cares about people. Solid business plan to compete in Premium Beer and Craft segments. Global company still run by family- family feeling permeates through all OpCo's.

Cons

At times can be too complex- need to keep it simple.

Advice to Management

Stick to the plan and execute in the market. Success breeds more success.

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous in White Plains, NY

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people have a strong passion for what they do. The company has been building a culture to improve morale.

Cons

Despite the effort on improving culture within the company management is failing to see how hard working and valuable most of their employees are.

Advice to Management

If the management does not open their eyes they are likely to see a lot of people leaving this year.

"Decent company but bad upper management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good beer allowance, great perks, decent pay, good people, fun events.

Cons

Lots of re-orgs that causes tons of confusion. New upper management came from Coke, causing a lot of cultural issues. Tons of people quitting the company due to work loads and treatment by upper management.

Advice to Management

This isn't Coca-Cola, stop running the company like it is. The market share of thebusiness is less than 10%, not 60%. If we're going to win against large companies like ABI, we need to be true to what we do today and not who we could be. We can't win if we play by the rules of the big guys.

"Do not work here!"

Former Employee - Anonymous in White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous in White Plains, NY

I worked at HEINEKEN USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people, good perks, monthly allowance, nice company events, owners are very in touch with people and come to company meetings at least once a year.

Cons

They want to do a lot with a limited budget, people leading states/areas are sometimes really not the best leaders (some of the worst VPs I've worked for are here), no recognition on performance, a lot of pressure & hard work (late nights and weekends) = easily lose the love for the job.

Advice to Management

Listen to people and recognize their hard work, get more involved with the people that are on the streets, understand reasons behind circumstances.

10. "Great Company with very nice people and strong leadership"

Former Contractor - Regional Customer Support Manager Contractor & Logistic Analyst in White Plains, NY

I worked at HEINEKEN USA as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Strong Leadership, family-like company, opportunity to grow both professionally and personally

Cons

Diversity - less 10 Black, and not many women at high level position. Like many companies in the US similar diversity issues that needs to be worked out.