HEINEKEN USA "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor

HEINEKEN USA Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated May 28, 2019

3.3
HEINEKEN USA CEO Maggie Timoney  (no image)
Maggie Timoney
Cons

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews

"Heineken Review"

Operations Associate in Harrison, NY

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with!

Cons

There are no cons I can think of

HEINEKEN USA2015-10-19

"great perks, great brands, no job security"

Former Employee - Sales Specialist

I worked at HEINEKEN USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, fun company culture, family owned business still

Cons

Messy management, needs updated marketing initiatives, stop change

HEINEKEN USA2019-05-28

"This ain't no family business anymore"

Current Employee - National Sales Manager

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

There are some great people here Benefits and Pay

Cons

Iconic brands becoming irrelevant sales blames marketing and marketing blames sales, nothing is getting done continually trying to do more with less so much management turnover cutting head count to make balance sheet look good

HEINEKEN USA2019-05-09
  4. "Manager - Love it"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good perks, great people, competitive salary

Cons

Declining market makes morale low

HEINEKEN USA2018-04-24

"Great family owned company where you feel valued and not another number"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great people - Excellent pay and compensation - Lots of opportunity if you put the time in - Competent management with no micromanaging - Flexible schedule & work/life balance - Paid vacation 15 days/ year

Cons

Can't see any at this time

HEINEKEN USA2017-04-10

"Good Company overall"

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time

Pros

The people that work there are great people

Cons

Corporate goals are sporadic at best

Advice to Management

Have set goals for a long term

HEINEKEN USA2016-06-20
  7. "Really a fantastic company, makes you product to being part of it!"

Metro Market Manager

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA

Pros

The strongest pros for Heineken USA are its company rooted in its traditional values with great people and great brands: Proud and passionate people really committed to the success of the business. A respected portfolio of strong brands that is just a pleasure to work with from the consumer, marketing and distributor perspective. I have been working with Heineken USA (HUSA) for a relative short time (Almost 4... years), coming from a different Heineken operating company I have perspective to compare HUSA with other Heineken operating companies, is really a small organization in the US so you get to know most people in the company in a relative short time and also you can start making a personal brand in relative short period of time. It truly is a great, fun and flexible company to work for from all aspects, you are expected to work hard deliver results and you will be fairly compensated for it and growth opportunities will come your way. They have good training programs when you start and once you have showed your commitment and value as you acquire leadership roles they will invest in your development, they are willing to develop you if you are willing to put the time and effort required to absorb the experiences your current role has to offer and demonstrate them in your work with results and the right attitude. There is a good mix between new talent and steadier talent. There is cultural, gender and origin diversity starting from the top management cascading its way down the ranks. If you are willing to put the time and effort that is required to show your value with results, do your networking and (very important) are willing to relocate you will get promotions and opportunities about two(ish) to three(ish) years in to your role, is a company where you can truly make a life career if you are inclined to do so. Strong management team committed to win that is approachable and open to feedback. Pay is fair, with the usual benefits for a large company (Matching 5% of 401K, high deductible insurance plan, etc.) Like in every company a recent change of CEO has brought a lot of changes (both in structure and in strategy) majority of the changes positive like strong focus on key brands / channels and shift of resources to key areas.

Cons

There are really no downsides to work for Heineken. I am sure we way better than most companies when it comes to climate and work perks Work life balance: is really up to you. Because of our industry we don’t work conventional hours in the field sales, however they do in the support teams and the company does all it cans to encourage work life balance with policies like summer hours, work from home arrangements if... needed, maternity / paternity leaves, generous vacation policy, flex time arrangements, etc. However if you want to work 80 hours a week there is enough work to do it and no one will tell you no to do it. Again really up to you. An area of improvement could be to have steady leadership that doesn’t change every 3 to 5 years that way you develop stronger relationships with distributors, authorities, customers and even employees that in this industry still count for a lot. Org change: there is some every 3 to 4 years but tell me about a company where that isn’t the case, new management or not, this is a sing of company evolving to respond to its market, consumers and customers trends and needs. Is it uncomfortable? Yes. However an executive that can’t deal with change is really a poor executive and change brings good opportunities to hard working and bright people.

Advice to Management

Keep narrowing the focus and clarifying the priorities, this is great. Do not dilute resources (money, time, efforts, and programs) in brands that are not strategic. When we do innovation lets go ALL IN on it. Just like we have a great internal job positing system make the international (global) job opportunities available on a systematic basis to all viable candidates. I love the “if is 80% right just F*** do it”... mentality, we should do something to expand that throughout the company!

HEINEKEN USA2016-05-06

"Going green"

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA

Pros

Culture of the beer business, and lots of great people. Global perspective being such an international company - great diversity.

Cons

In the past few years, many changes in top leadership giving mixed messages to overall goals and priorities.

Advice to Management

Maintain a consistent message, cull turnover, hire more beer savvy/experienced employees, be cognizant of the loss of our family values when turnover is high.

HEINEKEN USA2016-03-17
  9. "Off Premise Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Babylon, NY

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people and good culture.

Cons

Salary is not competitive. Prioritizing and effectively managing brand strategies is lacking.

Advice to Management

Break the silos and bring back the positivity.

HEINEKEN USA2015-11-09
  10. "Great Company, Great Perks, even better co-workers. Basic hours."

Former Contractor - Data Analyst in White Plains, NY

I worked at HEINEKEN USA for less than a year

Pros

Beautiful facility, nice bar at the office - never tried it though. Great People.

Cons

The commute is the only issue I had.

Advice to Management

None

HEINEKEN USA2014-09-15