HEINEKEN USA "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

HEINEKEN USA Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 10 Oct 2018

3.3
HEINEKEN USA CEO Maggie Timoney  (no image)
Maggie Timoney
Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Employee Handbook"

Current Employee - Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people and experience. Great Brands!

Cons

Work life balance is tough. Competitive market.

Advice to Management

This is advice to the people who are posting negative reviews. If your grievances are "True" you should use, open up your employee handbook. This isn't snapchat or the right place. Grow up! Heineken has a good culture in a competitive market. It's not perfect but we also don't live in a land of marshmallows and Care Bears.

HEINEKEN USA2017-04-23
  2. "On Premise Manager"

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. Flexible schedule if working in field (work/life balance). Family feel. Very progressive with time off and maternity/paternity leave.

Cons

Some of your goals come out so late in each quarter it is impossible to hit them.

Advice to Management

Since goals are based on the previous year, your goals for the whole year should be laid out by January.

HEINEKEN USA2018-10-10

"Manager"

Manager

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent work life balance, acceptable pay

Cons

Always years behind: systems are outdated, converted to open office space about a decade after everyone else and after most had found it was counterproductive. Turnover: Management constantly changing with new foreign leaders coming in and leaving every few years as the US is seen as merely a stepping stone for executives with no experience in the US 3-tier system and no experience as a small market share... participant.

Advice to Management

Get out of the way and let those that actually understand the US beer business make the decisions.

HEINEKEN USA2017-12-04
  4. "Off Premise Manager"

Former Employee - Off Premise Manager

I worked at HEINEKEN USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, decent work-life balance and a lot of autonomy to do the job my way.

Cons

Very little on-boarding support. May be cultural but also may be managers style.

HEINEKEN USA2017-05-23

"Great family owned company where you feel valued and not another number"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great people - Excellent pay and compensation - Lots of opportunity if you put the time in - Competent management with no micromanaging - Flexible schedule & work/life balance - Paid vacation 15 days/ year

Cons

Can't see any at this time

HEINEKEN USA2017-04-10

"Heineken"

in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA

Pros

Great work / life balance

Cons

Average compensation for Region leadership (no stock options, etc)

HEINEKEN USA2016-09-16
  7. "Really a fantastic company, makes you product to being part of it!"

Metro Market Manager

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA

Pros

The strongest pros for Heineken USA are its company rooted in its traditional values with great people and great brands: Proud and passionate people really committed to the success of the business. A respected portfolio of strong brands that is just a pleasure to work with from the consumer, marketing and distributor perspective. I have been working with Heineken USA (HUSA) for a relative short time (Almost 4... years), coming from a different Heineken operating company I have perspective to compare HUSA with other Heineken operating companies, is really a small organization in the US so you get to know most people in the company in a relative short time and also you can start making a personal brand in relative short period of time. It truly is a great, fun and flexible company to work for from all aspects, you are expected to work hard deliver results and you will be fairly compensated for it and growth opportunities will come your way. They have good training programs when you start and once you have showed your commitment and value as you acquire leadership roles they will invest in your development, they are willing to develop you if you are willing to put the time and effort required to absorb the experiences your current role has to offer and demonstrate them in your work with results and the right attitude. There is a good mix between new talent and steadier talent. There is cultural, gender and origin diversity starting from the top management cascading its way down the ranks. If you are willing to put the time and effort that is required to show your value with results, do your networking and (very important) are willing to relocate you will get promotions and opportunities about two(ish) to three(ish) years in to your role, is a company where you can truly make a life career if you are inclined to do so. Strong management team committed to win that is approachable and open to feedback. Pay is fair, with the usual benefits for a large company (Matching 5% of 401K, high deductible insurance plan, etc.) Like in every company a recent change of CEO has brought a lot of changes (both in structure and in strategy) majority of the changes positive like strong focus on key brands / channels and shift of resources to key areas.

Cons

There are really no downsides to work for Heineken. I am sure we way better than most companies when it comes to climate and work perks Work life balance: is really up to you. Because of our industry we don’t work conventional hours in the field sales, however they do in the support teams and the company does all it cans to encourage work life balance with policies like summer hours, work from home arrangements if... needed, maternity / paternity leaves, generous vacation policy, flex time arrangements, etc. However if you want to work 80 hours a week there is enough work to do it and no one will tell you no to do it. Again really up to you. An area of improvement could be to have steady leadership that doesn’t change every 3 to 5 years that way you develop stronger relationships with distributors, authorities, customers and even employees that in this industry still count for a lot. Org change: there is some every 3 to 4 years but tell me about a company where that isn’t the case, new management or not, this is a sing of company evolving to respond to its market, consumers and customers trends and needs. Is it uncomfortable? Yes. However an executive that can’t deal with change is really a poor executive and change brings good opportunities to hard working and bright people.

Advice to Management

Keep narrowing the focus and clarifying the priorities, this is great. Do not dilute resources (money, time, efforts, and programs) in brands that are not strategic. When we do innovation lets go ALL IN on it. Just like we have a great internal job positing system make the international (global) job opportunities available on a systematic basis to all viable candidates. I love the “if is 80% right just F*** do it”... mentality, we should do something to expand that throughout the company!

HEINEKEN USA2016-05-06
  8. "Sales"

I have been working at HEINEKEN USA full-time

Pros

Great company going through transformational change.

Cons

The business is fast paced and will put pressure on the work/life balance.

HEINEKEN USA2016-05-05
  9. "On Premise Representative"

Former Employee - On-Premise Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at HEINEKEN USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very family oriented. Bends over backwards for their employees. Great benefits! Everyone is very friendly and a lot of fun to work with.

Cons

Restructures a lot. (about every 3 year). Work Life balance is a focus but the work doesn't allow for that.

HEINEKEN USA2014-09-25

"Corporate employee"

Former Employee - Corporate Employee in White Plains, NY

I worked at HEINEKEN USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great brand, Very nice co workers, Fun conferences and happy hours, fun perks, helpful co workers

Cons

Big problem for work life balance, pressure of working late evenings/weekends, wfh is not allowed in certain depts . Not much opportunity for growth or movement. some employees have been there for over 10 years and in the same position.

Advice to Management

Management needs to train new employees better so they are prepared to do their jobs well. Encourage employees to grow and promote them for good work

HEINEKEN USA2014-08-26