HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY Reviews | Glassdoor

HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY CEO Lyndon & Jamie Cormack
Lyndon & Jamie Cormack

"Stay Away"

I have been working at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time

Pros

Free drinks and snacks, good extended health benefits, casual dress code, free product and product discounts

Cons

No parking, strict office hours, no formal structure for wage increases or bonus, not an inclusive work place - beware daily microaggressions, bad onboarding and training to learn how the company works and who to talk to, dog eat dog culture

Advice to Management

In some departments, managers don't communicate important info to staff and cooperation and communication between departments can be improved

HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY2017-06-22

"Worst Company To Work With"

I have been working at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time

Pros

I for the life of me cant think of one positive thing to say about Herschel supply. Unless you value getting free snacks and and a employee discount on over rated bags that all look the same.

Cons

There is so many things wrong on how this company operates but below are just a few: 1. Training is a joke with no structure what so ever. There was no training manual to reference cause it was all out to date. For me my trainer it depending on how stress she was that day for me to ask questions without getting talked down to & belittled or snapping. This seems to be accepted form of behavior cause the person has...

HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY2017-07-07

"Avoid"

I have been working at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time

Pros

Free alcohol Fridays after 4pm

Cons

Bunch of rowdy alcoholics hanging out on Friday after work. Holier than though hipster culture. Hard work is not acknowledged, if it is you are told you are too intense. Very two-faced environment that limits growth.

Advice to Management

Give kudos to you hard working staff. Fire the ones on Tinder instead of working.

HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY2017-06-28

"Inability to Innovate"

I worked at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time

Pros

The offices are beautiful. It's great to work in such a well-designed space. The right tools and education are always available for those looking to progress their career.

Cons

Despite claiming to be supportive and entrepreneurial in spirit, there is an inability to accept new ideas, processes and methods. If you are young and looking to work hard and share new ideas with ambitious goals for promotion, look elsewhere. Additionally, the work-life balance they expect from employees isn't realistic within their current salary framework.

Advice to Management

Be willing to learn new skills and implement time- and money-saving ideas when they are presented.

HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY2017-02-16

"Way more pros than cons here"

I worked at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY

Pros

dynamic team,varied projects, allowed to make mistakes and try new things

Cons

very social and tight-knit. If you want to just clock in and clock out this might not be for you

HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY2017-01-10

"Opportunity for growth"

I worked at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time

Pros

Opportunity to grow and take on a lot of responsibility, you're really left to your own devices. Nice office space. Good benefits.

Cons

Very unorganised. Poor management and structure. Some teams can be hard to work with and have a vibe of superiority. Salaries are low. Not rewarding hardworking and loyal staff.

Advice to Management

For some reason it's not obvious to them - reward hardworking and loyal staff.

HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY2017-01-12

"Herschel Review"

I have been working at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Positive ambitious atmosphere in a rapidly growing company

Cons

In the finance department there is no clear career progression structure. Also management are reluctant to reward employees with salary increases in the finance department .

Advice to Management

Work with HR to implement a career progression structure and salary increases in the finance department

HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY2016-12-10

"Not so great experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time

Pros

Great from the outside but gets ugly very quickly Cool office Some staff are brilliant and great to work with

Cons

This is all fake culture with people getting more and more frustrated which, results in a very toxic environment. Some departments are more friendly than others but in general this work culture is about diminishing each others, people are young with no experience and get extremely bad compensation for their work. It is disrespectful at all levels. These days, a lot of people think looks are the most important thing,...

Advice to Management

Stop bragging and start to work to actually support for your people. You are spreading and nurturing an arrogant environment

HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY2016-12-05

"Fun place to work, needs improvement"

Former Employee - Product Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time

Pros

The team at herschel is a great group of people. A lot of fun young, inspiring co-workers.

Cons

Equal pay is hard to come by. They have a ways to go in terms of figuring out compensation.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and hire more senior management.

HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY2016-10-03

HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY Response

October 7, 2016Human Resources Manager

We agree that we have an amazing team. We are always looking for ways to improve and will continue to evaluate our programs to ensure we are remaining competitive and investing in our people. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback!

"Still figuring it out"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Fun & flashy work environment. Great talented co-workers

Cons

Haven't worked out how to compensate employees properly. There is a lack of understanding of how to help employees live the lives they are expected to live. Employees are paid much below the industry standard and it is thought that because the work environment is so fun that this makes up for it, when in fact most employees find it hard to pay rent or live in the downtown vancouver area.

Advice to Management

Employees often feel underappreciated. Major office improvements are made, but there are no improvements made to employee quality of life. The pay does not reflect what is seen on the walls. Just remember how hard everyone works and remember to show them that in the form of benefits and work life balance.

HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY2016-09-23