HHC Health & Home Care Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Ann Frisch
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Working for the company was an experience."

Former Employee - Clerical Associate
    Former Employee - Clerical Associate

I worked at HHC Health & Home Care (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pros for working at this home care you were entitle to your vacation when their no one else is in that slot.

Cons

The down fall for this company is that they don't exam why people come and go in the company. There have been my employee who has been bully into doing things that didn't pertain to them. The also need to exam who they hire for the management position, because some of the manager make they employee do most of their work and lie on them when they get in trouble by the higher superior.

Advice to Management

My advice to the higher director is to pay more attention on why your employers are seeking other jobs, because sometimes they have no idea what it going on right under their noses. The higher superior needs to go around the office and see what's really going on in each department so they could get a better outlook on situations. There's a reason why the doors there are a revolving doors.

2. "This is New York City's OFFICIAL Home Health Agency and a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at HHC Health & Home Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the heart of the Financial District, steps away from the South Street Seaport, Brooklyn Bridge, and Battery Park. My co-workers are a blessing to work with; competitive salaries and benefits (especially as a government employee); home care is assuming a more dominant position in the healthcare industry.

Cons

No company is perfect but I have yet to experience anything that I would consider a 'CON'.

Advice to Management

Like many large organizations, there are always areas of improvement. Whether it's building stronger communication, staff engagement, meeting organizational goals, or cutting costs, you would be surprised how many great ideas can come from our internal teams. Employees are a human resource, let's leverage them!

3. "Definitely, one of the Top 3 places to work in NYC Health & Hospitals Corporation"

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at HHC Health & Home Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the work we do for a population of New Yorkers who need it the most.

Cons

HHC is an enormous machine that requires major input from so many different offices and sometimes it feels like no matter how efficient we are there's always a part of the equation that keeps us from moving forward. We are rarely on the same page.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to receive constructive criticism from staff; it's all part of becoming better professionals in the long run.