HILLS Properties Reviews | Glassdoor

HILLS Properties Reviews

Updated Oct 8, 2019

3.2
HILLS Properties CEO  (no image)
  1. "Great environment"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at HILLS Properties part-time for less than a year

Pros

Full training is provided, great company to work for

Cons

The quarterly bonus is low if you're part time

HILLS Properties2019-10-08
  2. "Overall Really Good"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Louisville, KY

I have been working at HILLS Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Like any company, there are good eggs and bad eggs when it comes to the employees. I have definitely met more good eggs than bad eggs in this company. The expectations are high for everyone- office staff and maintenance staff alike. Customer service is the top value and what is used to set HILLS apart from the competition. Overall, management is very appreciative and supportive. They will work you hard, but they... will thank you hard too.

Cons

Pay- as the properties are aggressively meeting goals and increasing revenue it's discouraging to not receive that in pay raises to the employees who are doing the hard work.

HILLS Properties2019-07-21
  3. "Great company. Amazing benefits available"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician

I worked at HILLS Properties full-time

Pros

Opportunity for advancement within. Great pay and benefits.

Cons

Work can be long and vary each week

HILLS Properties2019-06-25
  4. "A place to call a job and not a career."

I worked at HILLS Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

You'll find good people to work with. Training process is smart.

Cons

Too many to list, but the hiring process needs to be faster and smarter. Leave the decision making to the managers not the regional(s).

HILLS Properties2019-06-20
  5. "Outstanding Company and Culture"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at HILLS Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great local company with an amazing culture! I've worked with HILLS for three years and haven't gotten tired of it yet. They reward experience and skills with internal promotions, they back their employees 100%, and their training is second to none. I feel I've grown tremendously in the time I've worked with the company.

Cons

Pay is middle of the road (not the best or the worst). Dress code is a little stuffy, but it serves a purpose.

Advice to Management

Keep making the changes you're making! We're all noticing and we love it.

HILLS Properties2019-05-24
  6. "FANTASTIC COMPANY AND WORK ENVIRONMENT!"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Beavercreek, OH

I have been working at HILLS Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working for HILLS Properties since August of 2017 and have been loving every minute of it! I have never worked for a company who shows day in and day out the utmost care for not only their properties/communities but for their employees as well. From office management to upper management within our corporate office, the amount of professionalism is outstanding. They truly care about their staff members... and it shows. With the exponential growth within the company there is no limit to where you can take your career and grow. Although the company is expanding immensely, they still hold true to the same family business mentality and values HILLS was created with 3 generations ago which is something that attracted me to HILLS and has kept me ever since. Whether you are from the Dayton market like myself, Cincinnati, Kentucky and beyond we are all a very close knit family which is something I value greatly. If I am ever in need of anything, I can always rely on others from different properties to lend a giving and helping hand. I love going to our corporate functions and seeing all the other great HILLS employees and catching up like no time has gone by. We always have a great time together and you can tell from the energy given by others they love their jobs just as much as I do! I have gained so much in my short time here at Mallard Landing through my office staff and our residents. I've loved being apart of my Mallard family and gained great friends and experiences along the way. I couldn't be more proud of the staff I work with everyday and our accomplishment of receiving Dayton's "Top Rated Apartment Community of 2018". I am extremely blessed, honored and proud to be a member of the HILLS family while representing Mallard Landing and couldn't see myself working for any other property management company.

Cons

If you do not like working weekends this may not be the job for you. Otherwise awesome company and truly enjoy working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

HILLS Properties2019-04-03
  7. "Fantastic, caring company that's growing exponentially!"

Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at HILLS Properties full-time

Pros

Positive atmosphere from Corporate Office down to the site level. Upward mobility between positions/sites.

Cons

Occasional weekend work, but not more than the norm.

HILLS Properties2018-12-13

"Great job for the Morally corrupt"

Former Employee - Maintenance in Louisville, KY

I worked at HILLS Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

Residents were the BEST part of job! As well as working and living on a beautiful community.

Cons

First off let me start by saying the purpose of Glassdoor is for employees to honestly review their employers. In hopes for employers to resolve issues and retain a happier work force as well as to learn from mistakes. Along with the purpose to help employees find jobs that they will love, by knowing and reading about the culture and dynamics of a company before accepting a position. Sadly this was not the case for... me, A few months ago I wrote a very honest review in regards to my employment here in my review I did not state anything negative about the company per se I did however speak ill of the extraterrestrial tyrants whom I’ve had the great dissatisfaction of working with. After posting my previous review ( they knew it was me because of my complaints to My superiors ) I was asked to remove it because I was currently still employed and I was also assured things would be handled regarding my concerns. I told my superior I felt I could not go to her with my concerns as my previous manager claimed to have reported the issues only to be let go less then a month later. IN my previous review (that I complied with and deleted) I blew the whistle on my imidate superior as well as other associates for drinking on the job as well as smoking marijuana both of which are clearly outlined in the employee handbook as a big no-no and a reason for termination. Following those few months ago and my removing the review from Glassdoor, none of my concerns were addressed and I was let go. (As a direct result of my very honest review and reporting such misconduct) And the extraterrestrial tyrants whom clandestinely operate /befoul the properties here in My city with foolish and ill advised policies and procedures remain high/ drunk and employed. While my situation here is definitely not fair I’m now going to offer my honest review of this company. While I do not believe that the company as a whole is terrible, however one thing is clear the people that run and operate the properties in my city are full of politocrats, vengeful rivalries, and fiefdoms quite frankly reminiscent of imperial Chinese literature. If my review sounds disgruntle it most certainly is. While I did enjoy the majority of my time working here. My last few months and under new management (whom likes to rule this place in mirror to North Korea) I can only compare those past few months to the horrors and pain of being tied in a leather bag with ravenous rabid ocelots! Perhaps now the company will take notice and try to fix the issues that clearly reside in the inner workings of the company and the uncomfortable and immoral situations some of us have been placed in and fearful to speak up.

Advice to Management

One bad review is easily ignored. A bunch indicates that there is an underlying problem. Currently you only have 2 ONLY 2 positive reviews from employees. You need to look into How is your company culture? What about specific managers? Is there a department that is lousy? Are your policies causing problems? You need to look into all of that. Make changes. You can bully your current employees into writing positive... reviews and you can threaten and/ or fire employees who write bad reviews but that won't solve your underlying problem. If your employees are reporting that your company and or management stinks, then truth is your company and or management stinks. Make changes. Why? Because you're a jerk. And that needs to change. (Mic drop and I’m out)

HILLS Properties2018-08-14

"Don't waste your valuable time"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Holden, MA

I worked at HILLS Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really don't see any

Cons

Terrible training, low pay, long hours, no advancement or value

HILLS Properties2018-08-04
  10. "I enjoyed my 9 years"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Pearland, TX

I worked at HILLS Properties full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I enjoyed my time with Hills. I started from a leasing agent and eventually was promoted to a PM. They train and cross train you which I loved. They have a great customer service philosophy. PTO/VAC days are reasonable. Corporate office was always helpful and available. I only left because they weren’t building or acquiring anymore properties in Houston. Company doesn’t micromanage at all.

Cons

The pay well at least mine was low but compensated with a free apartment. Wish it was all given in the salary. Upper management was somewhat “clickish” like you had to walk, talk and have a certain look.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

HILLS Properties2018-04-17