HJ3 Composite Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
James Butler

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at HJ3 Composite Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work offering competitive pay and benefits. The company focuses on work life balance, offering flexibility to take care of personal appointments, family affairs and after school activities. Supportive small business with a focus on community outreach. HJ3 is making a huge impact, working to solve a major world problem reinforcing and repairing numerous types of infrastructures.

Cons

Open work environment, office can be a bit distracting at times

Advice to Management

Continue striving to grow the company to the next level of success. Try to hire more enthusiastic, passionate and energetic people.

2. "Strong Corporate Values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

I enjoy working at HJ3 because they truly put family first. I need flexibility in my job to take care of school pick up and various kid activities, and the company works with me to make it happen. I appreciate the nature of the work. You really feel like your part of solving a major problem by repairing infrastructure, and the product has positive environmental impact. The company invests in its people and has a $100,000 in grant funding from the state of Arizona because of its commitment to training and job growth.

Cons

Key processes are worked on but not yet in place. There seems to be an effort to structure things, but various emergencies, mostly client driven, seem to come up ALL the time. Sometimes it feels like we take two steps forward and one step back.

Advice to Management

Let go of high paid consultants and hire leaders that can process the business

"Unprofessional and Empty Promises"

Former Employee - Administration in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Administration in Tucson, AZ

I worked at HJ3 Composite Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of my fellow coworkers were very nice, hard working and enjoyable to be around. There was an effort made to have monthly group activities on Friday's which allowed everyone to have fun and get to know each other better.

Cons

Whatever the mood of the owner is when he comes into the office sets the tone for everyone else the rest of the day. If the owner is not happy then you better watch out, stay clear and hope he doesn't need to speak with you. There is zero respect shown from him to to the employees, it's his way or no way. There is definitely a "good ol' boys" type of mentality that can go around and if you are female you are given less credibility. Constant promises of upgrading the facility were made and nothing ever came to fruition. There is never any clear direction to anything and midway through any kind of upgrade or change the owner changes his mind and nothing ever actually comes to completion or transition. Lastly be prepared to take on the role of anything deemed necessary. Including but not limited to working in the warehouse, general cleaning, running last minute errands and basically things that are completely outside of what you think your scope of work is or should be.

Advice to Management

The owner needs to get out of his own way! Stand back, trust people to do what you hired them to do. Don't be so self serving, respect your employees and pay them accordingly.

"Voted Best Place to Work in Tucson for a reason!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at HJ3 Composite Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is truly committed to serve it's clients and it's local community. Employees and management are passionate about their work. It's so refreshing to be in a family environment away from cubicles and big corporate America. I really think this company has the potential to grow into a large company.

Cons

The nature of the work requires detailed analysis in a timely fashion to support clients. It can be intense.

Advice to Management

Continue developing your people - your on the right track! Incentive compensation would reward key people.

"Horrible experience, Engineers beware!"

Former Employee - Intern/Design Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Intern/Design Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at HJ3 Composite Technologies part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Workers are friendly for the most part...

Cons

Management has no direction and chain of command is very unclear. Very unprofessional communication, attire, engineering standards are bleak, office is loud and can obtain crude humor that is offensive. Would never recommend this company for any section of employment.

Advice to Management

Open your door and learn the values of your employees and see what HJ3 needs to progress

"HJ3 is a growing company with a great deal of opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Administration/Finance in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Administration/Finance in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at HJ3 Composite Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family oriented, great hours, upper management is very helpful, Hard working and fun environment that I look forward to everyday.

Cons

I-10 construction is a huge pain, as well as the 7:45 a.m. train. Sometimes hard to get off interstate.

Advice to Management

Keep setting your goals high, It is amazing to see the company as a whole reach our goals and celebrate in our victories. Looking forward to what the future holds for HJ3

"Dynamic Company with Awesome Team"

Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Accounting Manager in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at HJ3 Composite Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HJ3 is a dynamic, growing company with amazing employees, clients and vendors. Recently awarded two prestigous awards from Clean-Tech it is a company that has huge potential for growth and advancement for the right people. The right people have a positive attitude with a creative team spirit. The owner is putting together a group of people in all positions field techs, project managers, administrative staff, sales people and managers. Instead of a company that is down-sizing - this is a company that is actually growing! People who are hard-working, honest, positive and creative have an opportunity to help this wonderful company grow and expand - it is an awesome opportunity to be a part of such a team. It offers interns an opportunity to be mentored and have access to a job in their field of study, for entry level people it gives an opportunity to learn and grow, for experienced workers it provides an opportunity to teach and for managers it gives you an opportunity to be a part of a team that encourages collaborative team building. Being on this team provides me the opportunity to be a part of something very, very special and extraordinarily rare - participation in a company that is going very far, very fast.

Cons

I live on the Eastside so the commute is a little long.

Advice to Management

Continue to search out for the best of the best. The path of building a bigger company with an outstanding Management Team and supporting staff is an awesome opportunity.
    Good job! Congratulations!

"HJ3 has been an empowering and enlightening professional experience."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at HJ3 Composite Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced growth, career advancement opportunities, experienced and charismatic leadership, open work environment, coworkers who believe in integrity.

Cons

Workload can be intense due to growth and expansion.

Advice to Management

Continue to offer mentoring and career advancement opportunities for those that believe in the company mission of relentless quality and to those that produce results.

"Making a difference"

I have been working at HJ3 Composite Technologies full-time

Pros

For the first time in my professional career, I can say I am truly making a difference in the world, and growing into the vision I have for myself. This is a company whose mission it is to save its clients money, plus save resources and lives by providing a cost-efficient way to repair our world's crumbling infrastructure. It is also a company that challenges itself and its employees every day to be better. We all hold ourselves accountable. Each time we reach a new milestone, it is incredibly rewarding and as a team, we know we could not have done it without everyone's contribution.

Cons

If a results-oriented workplace is not your thing, you will not be happy here. If it is, you will thrive. This is a culture that is motivated by constant challenges, and we definitely celebrate the victories.

"You will be challenged like never before - be part of a progressive, dedicated team built to achieve results!"

I have been working at HJ3 Composite Technologies full-time

Pros

Learn to thrive in a thought-provoking culture of dynamic new ideas for business growth and personal development, employees share a high level of personal accountability and commitment to the process, there is a strong belief in the company's future from top to bottom, each team member is expected to make a difference, and there is never a dull day.

Cons

All I can say is that working at HJ3 may not be for everyone - this is definitely a different culture where it takes exceptional, dedicated talent to achieve the company's goals.