HKA Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Marvin Anderson

1. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Data Support Specialist & Technical Writer in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Data Support Specialist & Technical Writer in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at HKA Enterprises (More than a year)

Pros

- HKA Enterprises contract jobs for Pfizer and other big name corporations in the Kalamazoo area. So they have a lot of prime career opportunities.
    - Once you're in, you have a good chance of staying employed.
    - This company actually cares about it's employees and their families! They make sure you're happy in your position.
    - They are highly involved with the client and we're always kept in the loop.
    - Competitive monetary compensation with raises.
    - Provide great career counseling.
    - Greeting and gift cards during Christmas.
    - Paid holidays, sick pay, and vacation after your first year as a full-time employee.

Cons

Honestly, it's hard to think of any cons;

- Medical benefits aren't too good. They're very expensive with not so great coverage.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

2. "GLSS Design Technician"

Current Employee - Design Technician in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Design Technician in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Enables self starters, manage my own time, no micro managing

Cons

Kind of a mad house, a lot of uncertainties, requires a lot of second guessing

Advice to Management

Be more involved

3. "HKA"

Former Employee - Electrical Designer in Duncan, SC
    Former Employee - Electrical Designer in Duncan, SC

I worked at HKA Enterprises (More than 10 years)

Pros

Number of Paid Holidays were a plus.

Cons

I have no Cons at the moment.

4. "I love my job!!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter and Account Manager in Duncan, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter and Account Manager in Duncan, SC

Pros

I have been employed by this company as a full time employee for several years. At HKA I have never been treated like a number. I am part of their family. They provide a positive work environment, flexibility and value your input or opinions regardless of how big or small. You have the freedom to talk to upper level management or even the owners with ease or judgement. They set expectations and allow you to grow and bloom in to what you want to grow in to. The work environment is busy and demanding and you must be able to change gears quickly. It keeps my job exciting. I am happy that I am valued as an employee and I am given the opportunity to help people navigate in to their dream jobs.
    This is not just your ordinary run of the meal staffing firm. The upper level management is always encouraging us to grow not only within our business sector but in our professions as well. I as an HKA employee have been given the opportunity to share ideas, some of which were adopted by the company, and grow my book of business.
    We are given fair vacation time and holiday pay. Our medical insurance is paid by HKA.
    Fair base pay, earning potentials are left up to me as an employee. I can earn as little or as much as I want. It is up to me to see my paycheck grow. Tell me any other company that will offer that...Not many. Overall, just a great group of people and great company to work for.

Cons

Would like to see a match on the 401k

Advice to Management

No advice. Just a Big Thank YOU!

5. "Software / Design Engineer"

Former Employee - Software/Design Engineer in Duncan, SC
    Former Employee - Software/Design Engineer in Duncan, SC

I worked at HKA Enterprises (Less than a year)

Pros

Contract house handled administration and payroll for job professionally.

Cons

There were no reals Cons for this employer.

6. "Realistic expectations and friendly atmosphere"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Duncan, SC
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Duncan, SC

I have been working at HKA Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great place to establish yourself as a professional and learn what recruiting is all about
    -If you aren't enjoying the accounts you are working on management will do everything they can to make sure you are working on something that you enjoy and they will help you find your niche
    -No micromanaging!
    -Realistic expectations
    -Supportive staff/co-workers
    -Gym & kitchen
    -Relaxed work environment
    -Autonomous environment
    -Reputable clientele
    -Good benefits
    -Paid holidays & week of vacation

Cons

-Recruiting is separated from the Employee Services side and it would be nice to have more collaboration between the two (no "team" environment)
    -Management outside of recruiting does not often communicate with the recruiters
    -Needs to be more open to accepting suggestions and ideas for improvement

Advice to Management

Be more open to suggestion and have meetings to discuss ideas for improvement. Help to build a stronger "team" environment.

"My experiences are my own"

Current Employee - Employee in Duncan, SC
    Current Employee - Employee in Duncan, SC

I have been working at HKA Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can work at your own pace, environment is always changing, gym in facility, large tv with satellite available in break room, coffee & water provided. Smokers can take breaks. Easily hired if you're a female, friend or relative. No real experience needed mostly other co-workers will show you if you ask them but most of them don't know how to answer you. 1 hour lunch breaks, if you are over you will lose out on your time. Have out door area where you can take a break.

Cons

I have never worked in an internal environment where many managers didn't know any policies or procedures, so each individual manager brings in his own. Always have a heavy work load, due to a head count the recruiters have to keep, they work either sick or on while vacation, if they fall below they are terminated, very competitive environment, poor leadership and lack of accountability. If I have a question I get sent to other departments. No training in place no written policies no written time off or vacation guidelines, sometimes, we didn't know which holidays we were working or had off until that week. Some co-workers have weeks off of vacation while others have a week. Pay scale is so different for all workers, except new (female)recruiters who were paid minimum wage and they were all grouped pay "wise" together. Travel required and no extra or overtime pay if you worked over the 8 hour day and no per diem nor mileage paid. NO bonus even though it is promoted. Not salaried employees, all considered " Independent Contractors". Ratio of male to female with all managers being male & office workers all female with the exception of 3 or 4 male recruiters. Not a diverse place to work. Some co-workers( female) have a chip on their shoulders and are allowed to act out, I am seriously thinking they encourage it. Might not be anything but will mention login and log out is off by about 10 minutes and after a while it accumulates for these 10 minutes not to be in my pocket! I also found out when cold calling that they were sued by former contractor employees due to non payment of OT and were ordered to pay them. I will definitely keep other employment opportunities open!

Advice to Management

Even though you can or allowed to speak to the managers, they would tell you they are happy with the way things are, mostly because we are replaceable, it is a staffing company after-all.

HKA Enterprises Response

Sep 19, 2014 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. I did want to address a few points. Regarding Pay: None of our internal employees make minimum wage. Every single member of staff makes well over minimum wage ... More

"Growing and successful company"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at HKA Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company, Very knowledgeable staff, Flexibility, very minimal micromanagement.

Cons

Lack of communication to remote employees. Should implement a better PTO plan that is the same across the board for all internal employees. Some management and staff need an attitude adjustment and to learn how to communicate effectively and positively with colleagues. Should offer a 401K plan to internal employees for a company at the current size.
    Changing the compensation plan internally is going to create very high turn over for the recruiting department and a headache for the Director.

Advice to Management

I have all positive feedback for the current Director of Talent Acquisition. Other management should also communicate with there internal staff on a regular basis, and treat internal employees with respect, and email staff with better etiquette.

9. "was a good company to work for"

Former Employee - Firewatcher/Helper in Piedmont, SC
    Former Employee - Firewatcher/Helper in Piedmont, SC

I worked at HKA Enterprises part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

had lots of good coworkers and management worked temporary for six months

Cons

was ok the work wasn't to good

Advice to Management

diego did a wonderful job with the ones that spoke English

10. "Operator"

Pros

Consistent follow up
    Friendly
    Available
    Easy to communicate

Cons

none as of right now
    too many individuals in charge of your enrollment