HNTB Reviews in Lake Mary, FL | Glassdoor

Lake Mary, FL

4.1
HNTB Chief Executive Officer Rob Slimp
Rob Slimp

Pros
  • Good work/life balance, great experience, a lot of flexibility in how to get reports done (in 12 reviews)

• Good pay- good benefits-challenging work (in 22 reviews)

1. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Lake Mary, FL

Pros

Excellent Firm to work for

Cons

Aggressive company and is competitive in the area

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Worst Ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at HNTB (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good, holidays are plenty, insurance is okay, even though they offer a whopping one plan. The technical staff is awesome and very friendly.

Cons

No amount of money is worth the mean, condescending, bullying environment that has been created in the Lake Mary office. God help you if you are a graphic designer coming into this office. Be prepared for to work for the coordinators and travel CONSTANTLY. Your past experience doesn't mean a thing. My time at HNTB taught me that money cannot buy you happiness. I left for a lower paying position, but I am happier than I have been in a long time. My opinion is valued and not debated, I am a part of the team not just a person to do the coordinators bidding, my manager is very personable not cold and robotic, I answer to one person instead of a manager, a coordinator, and the managers lap dog.
    Forget work/life balance especially if you have kids - kids are completely irrelevant, hell their not even asked about. You will never hear "how was you weekend?" or "how's your family?".
    Do not get talked into this "wonderful" environment. You will immediately regret it upon starting.

Advice to Management

There needs to be leadership for the graphic designers. Local marketing "leadership" (whatever that is) needs to be replaced from the top down. The lap dog makes this position unbearable.