HOMER Reviews | Glassdoor

HOMER Reviews

Updated Sep 3, 2019

4.9
HOMER CEO Neal Shenoy (no image)
Neal Shenoy

"Great company with great people!"

Current Contractor - Independent Contractor

I have been working at HOMER for less than a year

Pros

Constantly working to improve. Everybody here is really passionate about what they're doing and it shows. And everybody is extremely friendly, making working together a breeze. Hard working environment, but can be very nice and laid back when it needs to be.

Cons

So much has been changing since I've joined. Overall this is good as it's brought a lot of improvement, but it was a little confusing getting to grips with telling between current goals and outdated information at first.

HOMER2019-09-03

"Amazing company with a bright future ahead."

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at HOMER full-time for less than a year

Pros

- An incredibly driven and motivated team, led by passionate founders and leaders that make sure every individual is growing - Impactful work driving massive growth - A collaborative and diverse environment - Management is highly supportive of individual contributors and makes sure everyone's voice is heard (lots of transparency) - Low attrition

Cons

Not a con, but typical org challenges due to a rapidly growing team (same as any other growth-stage company). Management has been extremely diligent and proactive about planning for the future.

Advice to Management

Keep it rolling! We've struck a near-perfect balance of autonomy and management oversight while staying true to our company values and mission.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Great people in an organization that cares"

Current Contractor - Devops in Denver, CO

I have been working at HOMER for more than a year

Pros

- Great company mission. - Management is clear and direct, but is able to be human, approachable, and outgoing. - Colleagues are helpful and friendly, which continues even when things don't go as planned. - The positive attitude permeates the entire organization and extends to freelancers. As a freelancer I can say that this is too often not the case, but at HOMER you do feel like you're a full part of the team.... - Possibly some of the best run meetings I've encountered during my career. - Fully embraces remote work. - Truly respects time off.

Cons

At times, it feels that there may be too many meetings. Given that they are well run, it feels like a very minor thing.

HOMER2019-09-03

"Passionate, Professional Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Designer

I have been working at HOMER full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incredible team of passionate, highly-dedicated and professional colleagues focused on creating the best possible experiences for children. Very mission driven and creative.

Cons

None that I can think of.

HOMER2019-07-26
  6. "Tech Talent Pipeline Cohort 2"

Former Intern - Software QA Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at HOMER for less than a year

Pros

It was a fun environment, open office space, mostly nice people.

Cons

Not a lot of work was given to me that wasn’t manual QA testing.

Advice to Management

Give more learning activities to interns

HOMER2019-05-11

"Great! (If startups are your thing.)"

Current Employee - Director, Performance Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at HOMER full-time for less than a year

Pros

The management is first rate and really cares about employees. I’ve seen situations unfold with employees where other managers would have thrown in the towel, but this team works through the problem. They also invest into development of employees. The teamwork here really stands out. There is definitely a common mission and employees find ways to work together despite pressing deadlines. Great mission and vision... — I want to go to work every morning. Growth — It’s nice to see the company clear huge milestones. Small — still small enough where every employees contribution really matters. Location is solid (flatiron)

Cons

Standard start up issues: The office needs more conference rooms, more space Feels like we don’t have enough people to handle the growth frequently

Advice to Management

More all hands meetings Let’s get enough quite space so we can better focus on deep/creative work

HOMER2019-03-17

"Great Managment"

Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at HOMER full-time

Pros

Very employee focused, forward thinking tech company. I always feel respected and heard.

Cons

Very fast growth. Overall, this is a good thing. However, it sometimes leads to lack of focus in some areas.

HOMER2019-02-01

"Awesome company with an awesome mission"

Current Employee - Junior Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at HOMER full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent place to begin my career! Positive work environment, very friendly and inviting co-workers, good benefits, and honest/transparent communication between staff members.

Cons

Office space is a little crowded and sometimes a little chilly in the office on Mondays until around noon or so.

HOMER2018-12-17

"Intern - Great learning Experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at HOMER

Pros

People are smart and fun to work with! I learned a lot.

Cons

Low pay and no benefits for intern

HOMER2018-11-29

"A+ mission, stellar people, great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at HOMER full-time

Pros

Working for a mission-driven organization truly makes a difference when it comes to leading a fulfilling career. Everyone at this organization puts their heart into what they do - and you can see it pay off if you take a look at the tremendous growth of the company!

Cons

As is anticipated at this stage for a high-growth start-up, office space is a bit cramped right now, but won't be forever.

HOMER2018-11-05