HP Inc. Reviews

Updated May 9, 2021

4.2
HP Inc. CEO  Enrique Lores
Enrique Lores
Pros
  • "great work environment with corporate culture(in 301 reviews)

• "Flexible working hours (specially good when having kids)(in 165 reviews)

• Cons
  • "As in any big company things move way too slow and takes years to get approved for the development(in 48 reviews)

• "I can't think of anything negative about HP Inc(in 45 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of HP Inc. and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

HP is for Happy People

Nov 24, 2020 - Business Planning in Fort Collins, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The People. Also, opportunities for growth and lots of cool behind the scenes work

Cons

It is a large company where you have to navigate a matrixed system, not really a con, just something to keep in mind

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Solid Company with Ethics

May 6, 2021 - Senior Attorney in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced work, independence, low overhead, solid ethics

Cons

not for you if you dont like remote work

3. 5.0

Fantastic Work Culture

Apr 16, 2021 - Business Analyst in Aguadilla, PR
      Business Outlook

Pros

HP does a great job of hiring people who fit well with the relax work culture of the company. At least in my experience, HP has a great deal of respect for employees wellbeing. It's all business, I'm sure, but it works. The benefits are good, and the flexibility is great.

Cons

Moving up can be a real challenge. And it's something you hear about from most people. Work can also be kind of boring. Feels hard to feel like you're making an impact when the company is so huge and spread out. They *try* to address this by implementing rotation programs and such, but it doesn't solve the real issue. While it hasn't been my experience, there are those who suffer under some bad managers, mostly "legacy" people who still haven't adjusted to the times. But those are the exception more than the rule.

4. 3.0

If I could, 3.5 stars

Apr 21, 2021 - Human Resources
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Vast majority of HP employees are great people to get to work with - HP's innovation engine is still alive whether in our core businesses (PCs, print) or in new growth areas (e.g., 3D print) - In my 10+ years at HP, there's no shortage of job opportunities here

Cons

- Pay and benefits are not as competitive as other tech companies - I don't like mixing business with politics, yet HP leadership takes every opportunity to tell employees what they think about the Biden/Trump election, racial tensions, sexual orientation, environment, etc. I'm glad they support equality, protecting the environment, etc., but I don't need their constant commentary and virtue signaling on it. Note that this is a liberal, progressive company that wants everybody to know whether they want to or not. - I can't speak for the entire company, but from what I've seen in HR, there's a lack of good business conduct and character among some of the senior leaders. HP touts its growth mindset, but some top HR executives keep that from happening. - As many companies move to embrace remote work, HP continues to fight against the notion. I'm baffled why HP thinks it is a good idea to limit your talent pool to a small set of locations when you can gain access to a greater market, creating more opportunities to find the most qualified and diverse candidates.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Hard work but a good company

Mar 12, 2021 - Senior Financial Analyst in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company is Carbon Neutral Bonuses Time Off is fair Employee gatherings (pre-covid) Can work remote sometimes (pre-covid) Diversity is promoted

Cons

While racially and gender diverse, they are not as politically diverse. During election times senior management has tended to send more emails about political views and concerns and HP's official stance than about the state of the company. Organizations can vary in payscale and in hours required normally quite a bit for the same position. Some are light while some have really heavy workloads and hours.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work where folks are always available to assist!!!

Apr 30, 2021 - Firmware Development Engineer in Spring, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

We are going through so much with Covid and world pandemic and HP Inc management has done an outstanding job in keeping its employees safe and productive!!! With right amount of accountability to allow for work life balance!!! Flexibility to take care of your family and HP Inc employees improved productivity!!

Cons

Continue to highlight our innovations and stay relevant to our customers.

7. 5.0

Inclusive and human culture

Apr 29, 2021 - Engineering Program Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Corporate mission is "make life better for everyone, everywhere by engineering experiences that amaze" - which everybody here takes very seriously Top leadership is committed to diversity, inclusion, and multi-faceted sustainability Great place to work in software development Culture values bringing your "whole self" to work Work/life balance is paramount Opportunity to advance is readily available

Cons

Incorrect perception that HP is old-fashioned and boring - it's anything but!

8. 5.0

I love this company!!!

Mar 22, 2021 - Global Talent Acquisition Director of Operations and Talent Channels in Palo Alto, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at HP for 25 years and, over that time, I have consistently and continuously been recognized and rewarded for my contributions and have been given countless opportunities to learn, grow, and fulfill my career aspirations. I have had the pleasure of working with so many bright, wonderful people and having strong leaders that are motivated to not only do a great job, but to provide an environment where employees are empowered and encouraged to reach for their dreams!

Cons

There is a lot of work all year round and, like most companies, there is a need to do more with less people. Having said that, I have the ability to be creative in managing my work and priorities and leadership is understanding and supportive in working toward as much work-life balance as possible.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing organization who truly cares about people

Apr 12, 2021 - Senior National Sales Manager in Ormond Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, Great people, Pay commiserate with the market, invest in training, time, etc.

Cons

In pockets there are people who should not be in their roles and its never addressed. So much change at a very very rapid pace, burns people out quickly.

10. 5.0

Love the culture

May 3, 2021 - Benefits Analyst in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

HP preaches what it speaks when it comes to delivery, inclusion, culture.

Cons

Compensation and job movement is slow.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,958 Reviews