HPOne Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
HPOne CEO Bill Stapleton
Bill Stapleton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You work with a management team who truly cares about the success of their staff and understands the importance of work life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Great place to work and make a rally good income while assisting clients with a wide array of insurance products (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons that are worth sharing in this section (in 7 reviews)

• I know it is tough to have to let go of the Seasonal Workers, but you've got to let the full-time agents earn a more comfortable living (in 6 reviews)

1. "Work Ethic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at HPOne full-time

Pros

No Cost Leads and Great Culture

Cons

wish office closer to home

Advice to Management

wish closer to home but after 2 years in brokerage the $70k they said I could make was sooo close made $69,990 last year--- very happy to call this job home

May 25, 2018 – HPOne

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide a review of HPOne and share your great experience with the company. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the opportunity and wish you continued... More

2. "License Medicare Agent/Advisor"

Former Employee - License Medicare Agent-BCBSMI in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - License Medicare Agent-BCBSMI in Tampa, FL

I worked at HPOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company. Centered around the client's best interest. A family oriented company, agents with integrity and honesty. Management is set to help agents achieve monthly goals.

Cons

Slow in sharing important information about processes before it is set on a timeline. Better training on changing rules and regulations. And CMS compliance issues.

Advice to Management

Set timelines for new changes with agents, as to how they will affect business flow

May 15, 2018 – HPOne

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of your experience at HPOne. Your feedback is important to us as we continue to grow and refine our processes.

3. "Trumbull Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trumbull, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trumbull, CT

I have been working at HPOne full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the team environment. Co-workers are always willing to help each out. The office has lots of energy and a friendly environment. Management recognizes hard work. As the company continues to grow there are more opportunities for its employees.

Cons

No cons that are worth sharing in this section.

May 13, 2018 – HPOne

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at HPOne. We appreciate hearing that you are enjoying your work team and wish you continued success!

4. "Medicare Broker"

Current Employee - Medicare Broker in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Medicare Broker in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at HPOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and everyone is very genuine and honest!
    it's one of the first jobs I actually enjoy working at and I know that if I need help or feedback, my supervisors do what they can to help me improve without having to worry about any back stabbers!

Cons

Health insurance is OK, would like to sure a lower deductible but it's not terrible, I would say it's middle of the road. Scale of 1-10, 10 being amazing coverage and free, it's about a 6

Advice to Management

Keep improving as you always are, it's a growing company, keep it up!

May 10, 2018 – HPOne

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and rating of HPOne. It is great to hear that you are enjoying your experience with us. We strive to create an environment where employees can... More

5. "Licensed Agent"

Current Employee - Licensed Health Agent in Trumbull, CT
    Current Employee - Licensed Health Agent in Trumbull, CT

I have been working at HPOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They currently have a great training program that I got to be a part of. I started as a temp and then became an agent. I love coming to work. It's a great environment and they really take good care of their employees. They've also surprisingly open to new ideas and suggestions.

Cons

Sales positions are not for everyone. They will expect long hours from Oct to Dec. and the rest of the year you can still make good commission but it gets harder to make commission

May 7, 2018 – HPOne

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of the experience you are having at HPOne. We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying the opportunities provided and the work environment... More

"former"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in South Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in South Tampa, FL

I worked at HPOne full-time

Pros

pay benefits work environment tools

Cons

no cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

full attainable

May 3, 2018 – HPOne

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your experience at HPOne. We appreciate hearing from former employees and are pleased that your experience was a great one.

"Licensed Agent"

Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Trumbull, CT
    Current Employee - Licensed Agent in Trumbull, CT

I have been working at HPOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome company to work for! I've been here almost a year, and have had the opportunity of being around some of the brightest, most hard working people I've ever met. From my supervisor, who has remained supportive from day one and helped me go from "ok" to "amazing" at what I do, and patiently at that.. to every single person I've ever met at HPONE who has shown me nothing but respect, encouragement and offered help in one way or another. I couldn't imagine a better, healthier, more enriching environment than the one I'm in now. I appreciate everything about the company and couldn't imagine myself elsewhere.

Cons

I'm drawing a blank on cons. Oh, sometimes the new coffee machine is finicky. Thanks to a few of you who know how to fix it :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Even when you seem extremely busy working with new people, you always make time for the rest of us. Your efforts do not go unnoticed and definitely not unappreciated.

May 2, 2018 – HPOne

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a thoughtful and positive review of your experience at HPOne! We appreciate our employees and the enthusiasm and dedication they show each day. We are... More

8. "Growth & Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at HPOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Super happy to hear the recent news from our CEO on the massive growth HPONE is experiencing. The Brokerage is practically doubling in size this year and the MAQ team is also growing and expanding to new sites. Lots of opportunities for us. Time to update my resume!

Cons

Off-season commissions and bonus plan

Advice to Management

Continue to provide updates on opportunities available and expansion plans. Fix off-season bonus plan

May 4, 2018 – HPOne

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your experience with HPOne. We are excited about our future and growth plans as well and appreciate the dedication and enthusiasm we see... More

9. "Licensed Saled Broker"

Former Employee - Licensed Sales Agent in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Sales Agent in Tampa, FL

I worked at HPOne full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good training, solid leads, pay is ok

Cons

favortism, seasonal and management was also on phone so not available for assistance

Advice to Management

transparency with lead distribution,

"Work Culture is the Best!!"

Current Employee - Licensed Agent BCBSM MAQ in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Agent BCBSM MAQ in Tampa, FL

I have been working at HPOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for HPONE since 2014. I have never been in a company that has a better work culture. Everyone is helpful and encouraging. We all are a big family unit. There is no drama or back-stabbing like I have seen in other companies I have worked in. I could not be happier!

Cons

During the Off Season work, it can be extremely challenging to meet the bonus goals. That is because the company wants to hold on to too many agents after the Peak Season hiring. I know it is tough to have to let go of the Seasonal Workers, but you've got to let the full-time agents earn a more comfortable living...

Advice to Management

Find ways to get a better distribution of leads to each agent during Off Season...

Apr 17, 2018 – HPOne

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a fantastic review of your experience at HPOne! We are grateful to have such dedicated and positive employees on the team. Your thoughtful feedback is... More