HSN Reviews | Glassdoor

HSN Reviews

Updated April 20, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • The ability to work at home is perfect if you have a disability or just don't want to deal with office politics (in 76 reviews)

• The employee discount is nice, assuming you can find something you actually want to buy (in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work/life balance and you can get burnt out very quickly (in 17 reviews)

• Low pay, no room for advancement and the customers can sometimes be very rude (in 12 reviews)

"CEO needs to go"

Former Employee - Creative in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Creative in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

discounts and decent benefits. I got an iPad for $150

Cons

no work culture. management is only concerned with covering their own rear ends and dont care about the workers trying to make the company as success. Management continues to make the same mistakes year after year and dont learn from them. they are so convinced they are right they wont listen to anyone else. the stock price has fallen from $75 as share when I started in 2012 to $32 a share now and yet the board of directors keeps Grossman as CEO. that makes no sense?

Advice to Management

fire Grossman before the stock is completely worthless. your fixation on older women and selling the same stuff over and over again is killing the company. LISTEN to your employees and make them feel like they are a part of something. most are in fear for their jobs. too many layers of management-I dont think I really needed three layers of people second guessing my every descision and I was one of the Sr. members of my department with 30 years experience in the business

"It you want to work somewhere that doesn't care about it's employees"

Current Employee - Only An Associate in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Only An Associate in Roanoke, VA

Pros

Good PTO
    Good Employee discounts
    I don't have anything else to say good.

Cons

Forget Merit raises it's 3% once a year unless you suck up to some one higher up.
     The place is racist. they absolutely do not care about employees.
     They would rather have temps then full time employees.
    Very strict attendance policy.

Advice to Management

Get it together, major lack of communication. You think that no one has a life besides HSN. Schedule 10-12 hours 6 days a week and you might be lucky some weeks to get 40. Have some heart.

3. "Fun job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at HSN full-time

Pros

Flexible schedules and working environment

Cons

24/7 364 days per year

Advice to Management

Shift differentials for Supervisors that are challenged with the overnight shift

"Sales rep"

Current Employee - HSN Work At Home Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - HSN Work At Home Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at HSN part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home, lots of vacation and personal time, flexibility, decent pay, overall positive atmosphere, and the employee discount is substantial

Cons

There's not much room for advancement, most people have to start out working evenings and weekends, not much room for getting weekends off as part of a normal schedule

Advice to Management

My advice would be to create more probity for advancement for the work at home team. Transition some of the in-house jobs to at-hone positions. Also, give more opportunity for long time employees to be rewarded with a better schedule.

"TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK."

Former Employee - Television Production Tech II in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Television Production Tech II in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at HSN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good discounts on Chinese junk.

Cons

Terrible Management in the Television Production Department. Horrible communication, and low pay. Very low pay. Bad Hours, and overall it's a toxic work environment. Do you ever wonder why you see so many jobs for HSN on listings-its because people are always leaving. They either quit of get fired.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better. Pay overnight employees better. Adapt industry standards for production such as improved methods for shot blocking, and lighting.

7. "Work from home sales"

Former Employee - HSN Work At Home Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - HSN Work At Home Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

Pros

Flexible schedule, part-time benefits like paid time off and holidays. Easy to get breaks, easy to win prizes for selling upsells, awesome discount.

Cons

The pay is so so. Decent for a work at home job, but it's hard to move up and get raises.

Advice to Management

Offer your employees opportunities to move up and work from home. Also team incentives would be nice, such as an extra break for the highest upseller or something.

"HSN"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at HSN full-time

Pros

work from home, discounts, benefits

Cons

need to improve breaks during calls

9. "Not a good experience"

Former Employee - Management in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Management in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at HSN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people. Decent work/ life balance and an exciting atmosphere. There is collegiality throughout the business.

Cons

Top management is inept and chase their tails every day. No strategic planning. Unsustainable business model. No idea how to leverage data to make decisions. Silly things like cafeteria being very far away from bulk of employees.

Advice to Management

You need to invest in systems and technology. Make fact-based decisions instead of winging it.

10. "CUSTOMER SERVICE-SALES"

Former Employee - WAH Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - WAH Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at HSN full-time

Pros

I love love love my co-workers!! You meet so many amazing people here. Also I loved my hours and the customers were fabulous. Yes you had your jerks but what place doesnt :) I truly loved this job was just dealt a terrible supervisor and a very nieve Manager who wouldnt do anything about her. It was the best job I ever had, it was also the worst bc I truly have never been so belittled by another human in my life.

Cons

MANAGEMENT IS TERRIBLE- I was bullied by my supervisor on a daily basis. I had read similar reviews and though how unlucky for that person. Unfortunately I must have gotten that terrible supervisor. I asked for help from my Manager and they did nothing. I was misguided by my supervisor purposefully which led to my termination. If you are a good person who has a great personality dont waste it here. I have a great personality and great call times, and reviews of the customer but was treated like crap by my supervisor bc of conflict of personalities and bc I have a disability. I begged for help and never recieved it. She knew how to get me fired and thats exactly what she did. I listened to my leader and it got me fired. Thats HSN for you :)

Advice to Management

Believe your employees when they state they are being bullied by their supervisor. Unfortunately the company still has a very corrupt supervisor working for them.

11. "Csr"

Current Employee - Csr1 in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Csr1 in Orlando, FL

Pros

Work from home is great

Cons

None at this time still in training