HSN Reviews | Glassdoor

HSN Reviews

Updated June 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • There is no work/life balance and you can get burnt out very quickly (in 18 reviews)

• Should implementa 30 second delay like other call centers/customer service enters (in 24 reviews)

1. "Fun job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at HSN full-time

Pros

Flexible schedules and working environment

Cons

24/7 364 days per year

Advice to Management

Shift differentials for Supervisors that are challenged with the overnight shift

"Sales rep"

Current Employee - HSN Work At Home Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - HSN Work At Home Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at HSN part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work from home, lots of vacation and personal time, flexibility, decent pay, overall positive atmosphere, and the employee discount is substantial

Cons

There's not much room for advancement, most people have to start out working evenings and weekends, not much room for getting weekends off as part of a normal schedule

Advice to Management

My advice would be to create more probity for advancement for the work at home team. Transition some of the in-house jobs to at-hone positions. Also, give more opportunity for long time employees to be rewarded with a better schedule.

"TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK."

Former Employee - Television Production Tech II in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Television Production Tech II in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at HSN full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good discounts on Chinese junk.

Cons

Terrible Management in the Television Production Department. Horrible communication, and low pay. Very low pay. Bad Hours, and overall it's a toxic work environment. Do you ever wonder why you see so many jobs for HSN on listings-its because people are always leaving. They either quit of get fired.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better. Pay overnight employees better. Adapt industry standards for production such as improved methods for shot blocking, and lighting.

4. "Work from home sales"

Former Employee - HSN Work At Home Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - HSN Work At Home Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

Pros

Flexible schedule, part-time benefits like paid time off and holidays. Easy to get breaks, easy to win prizes for selling upsells, awesome discount.

Cons

The pay is so so. Decent for a work at home job, but it's hard to move up and get raises.

Advice to Management

Offer your employees opportunities to move up and work from home. Also team incentives would be nice, such as an extra break for the highest upseller or something.

"HSN"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at HSN full-time

Pros

work from home, discounts, benefits

Cons

need to improve breaks during calls

6. "Not a good experience"

Former Employee - Management in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Management in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at HSN full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people. Decent work/ life balance and an exciting atmosphere. There is collegiality throughout the business.

Cons

Top management is inept and chase their tails every day. No strategic planning. Unsustainable business model. No idea how to leverage data to make decisions. Silly things like cafeteria being very far away from bulk of employees.

Advice to Management

You need to invest in systems and technology. Make fact-based decisions instead of winging it.

7. "CUSTOMER SERVICE-SALES"

Former Employee - WAH Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - WAH Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at HSN full-time

Pros

I love love love my co-workers!! You meet so many amazing people here. Also I loved my hours and the customers were fabulous. Yes you had your jerks but what place doesnt :) I truly loved this job was just dealt a terrible supervisor and a very nieve Manager who wouldnt do anything about her. It was the best job I ever had, it was also the worst bc I truly have never been so belittled by another human in my life.

Cons

MANAGEMENT IS TERRIBLE- I was bullied by my supervisor on a daily basis. I had read similar reviews and though how unlucky for that person. Unfortunately I must have gotten that terrible supervisor. I asked for help from my Manager and they did nothing. I was misguided by my supervisor purposefully which led to my termination. If you are a good person who has a great personality dont waste it here. I have a great personality and great call times, and reviews of the customer but was treated like crap by my supervisor bc of conflict of personalities and bc I have a disability. I begged for help and never recieved it. She knew how to get me fired and thats exactly what she did. I listened to my leader and it got me fired. Thats HSN for you :)

Advice to Management

Believe your employees when they state they are being bullied by their supervisor. Unfortunately the company still has a very corrupt supervisor working for them.

8. "Csr"

Current Employee - Csr1 in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Csr1 in Orlando, FL

Pros

Work from home is great

Cons

None at this time still in training

9. "hsn sucks"

Former Employee - Set Carpenter in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Set Carpenter in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

Bad moral.disorganized.moody primadonnas. To much politics

Cons

I'm thinking about calling osha on these freaks. They didnt call me back to work after I questioned them about safey issues. Kaos

Advice to Management

Get some management.employees shouldn't have to walk on eggshells because of egos and temperments.really bad moral

"WAH"

Former Employee - WAH Sales in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - WAH Sales in Toledo, OH

I worked at HSN part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can work at home. There is some flexibility in hours if you can get someone to trade or pick them up for you.

Cons

Made changes without informing employees. Then when questioned about it. kept telling employees that they didn't know what was going on. Treated OH differently than other WAH states. Took cv away, made it impossible to trade with other states once you are trained for cbi. OH is stuck taking all the calls when FL and TN get to take CV. Compliance is a joke. If you clock out to take a restroom break when it is not your break time or take your break late, it affects your compliance.

Advice to Management

Don't make changes without informing employees first. Let OH have the CV that they were told they would have when hired, not take it away without telling them. Be honest with your employees instead of telling them we don't know what is going on when you make changes.