HUB International Reviews | Glassdoor

HUB International Chairman and CEO Martin P. Hughes
Martin P. Hughes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • They promote work/life balance but do not help you achieve it (in 9 reviews)

• Stuck in low pay, no advancement (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Wonderful work environment. A company that truly cares!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at HUB International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company support, room for growth, and coworkers. HUB wants everyone to succeed both personally and at a team level.

Cons

None that I can find since I have been there. Coworkers with more company experience have indicated little to none as well.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. The consideration that is taken from employee suggestions is appreciated.

HUB International Response

Nov 1, 2016 – Deb Deters, Chief Human Resources Officer

It’s so good to hear that your time at HUB has been positive and that you’re getting the support you need to succeed. We want all of our employees to feel supported, appreciated and that they have a... More

2. "San Diego Employee Benefits"

Current Employee - EVP in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - EVP in San Diego, CA

I have been working at HUB International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a leader, I'm grateful to have 9 team members that advantage from working at home partially, 1 part-time team member with corporate & local well-being initiatives creating an accountable work/ life balance. Illustrative of a good culture is represented by our recent client satisfaction survey: Net Promoter Score 67, Likely to Recommend 8.83 & Overall Experience 8.78.

Cons

Corporate operational initiatives that make us better and every organization goes through.

3. "Growing and Changing Company Direction"

Former Employee - Training in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Training in New York, NY

I worked at HUB International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Centralizing their systems to connect regions across N America. Company is expanding through acquisition.

Cons

Direction of company changing from Insurance Services to more focus on acquisitions.

"Account manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Encino, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Encino, CA

Pros

Friendly employees, nice location, family like environment. No micromanaging, good benefits. If you know someone you're in good, if not good luck

Cons

Impossible work load- out of touch management-quantity is more important than quantity. People are leaving at record numbers and work is just delegated to the employees

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees or more will be leaving

"Great place to grow."

Former Employee - Asset Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Asset Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at HUB International (More than a year)

Pros

HUB International is s great place to grow and apply knowledge and experience. It is a forward thinking company that appreciates the expertise of it's employees.

Cons

The turnover rate is high.

"Great company - room for personal growth"

Current Employee - Account Administrator in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Account Administrator in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at HUB International (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to advance within company
    Bonuses & team lunches as well as staff lunches

Cons

Heavy workload
    Low initial pay
    Hard to communicate when coworkers are not performing well

Advice to Management

Change employee reviews to match with their start date, rather than every employee the same time each year.

"Not so great of an enviroment"

Former Employee - Acct Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Acct Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at HUB International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers were great and supportive. Team environment was encouraged by my co-workers and they were really the only resources available for knowledge and help.

Cons

Wages are not competitive with other local agencies - no cost of living increases, unless you are a management favorite. Management has non-existent communication. Management does not encourage employee growth where an employee could strive to be promoted, unless you are a management favorite. Former co-workers have indicated that things have not changed since I left.

Advice to Management

It was a nice place to work when I started there but things went down hill very quickly in the past few years. Corporate really needs to look and listen to what had and is still going on.

"Mortgage Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

Pros

Flexible schedule and nothing else. I honestly can't say nothing nice about this company. It's just a job. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Cons

Management is horrible. There is no room for growth. They are always hiring. Procedures are constantly changing so it's hard to keep up with your work. Pay is not competitive.

Advice to Management

They all should be fired... starting with the director and the managers of the mortgage team.

"Unprofessional, Dishonest & Abusive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Encino, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Encino, CA

I worked at HUB International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendships, Going to lunch, Going home when the day is over, covered parking, long weekends & anytime away from the office.

Cons

Poor & dishonest leadership, high stress, low wages, torturous workload, abusive, 2% raises or none at all, too favoritism & nepotism.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all the local leaders & managers. They have no understanding of the day to day desk level operations. Regional leaders & managers are dishonest. Producers are greedy, demanding & cold. They would sell insurance to a cockroach if it would buy it. They promote those who lack knowledge & are worthless, instead of those who are truly hardworking. Staff experience repetitive abuse, being overworked & underpaid. Company rakes in record profits, breaking the backs of exhausted staff. Turnover is at a record high at over 15 people in 6 months. If staff are paid & treated well, with realistic workloads there is no reason to leave.

"Unprofessional Organization"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at HUB International full-time

Pros

There were no pros to speak of based on my experience.

Cons

Interviewed with HUB for an open position. After two phone interviews and two in-person interviews, all communications ceased. E-mails and phone calls went unanswered as to next steps or whether I was still a candidate. I consider that very rude and unprofessional. It does not take a lot of time to keep prospective candidates in the loop, especially after they have gone through four separate interviews.
    It felt like they were stealing ideas and concepts during the interview process to call them their own - weird vibe.

Advice to Management

Hub International needs a sustainable hiring system that surpasses their competitors. There needs to be more transparency during interview process.