HUB International Reviews

3.8
HUB International President Marc Cohen
Marc Cohen

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Some great people work there but you won't find them in any kind of position of authority(in 108 reviews)
  • "Good benefit and care for the society.(in 76 reviews)
  • "There is a great work/life balance and they allow me to work very autonomously.(in 35 reviews)
  • "Great culture and they really try to reach the employees(in 31 reviews)
  • "Friendly work environment(in 23 reviews)
Cons
  • "Pay is low in comparison to whats being paid by other companies high turn over due to that.(in 72 reviews)
  • "poor management/ little or none references for your work(in 51 reviews)
  • "New producers get no training other than sitting in front of a computer and listening to modules all day long.(in 37 reviews)
  • "Salary is low and inconsistent amongst employees.(in 28 reviews)
  • "No career progression unless you're friends with your direct manager.(in 23 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of HUB International and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

The best company I have worked for by far!

Feb 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Earlier in my career I struggled to find a truly employee centered company where leadership listens to employees and rallies around effective change. HUB has given me that experience. I am excited to come to work every day because of the people working there and opportunities presented to me. Each person is helpful, motivating, and has a passion to help teammates as well as their clients. Other things I really enjoy are we enjoy a casual culture that does not compromise on quality and we are solution oriented, not focused only on the problem. THIS IS HUGE! Compared to other insurance brokers what sets HUB apart from other insurance brokers is that we have the resources of a large company, but the close-knit culture of a small company. This makes us the place I want to grow my career.

Cons

Oftentimes there are too many passion projects and departments struggle to prioritize.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Great company

Apr 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for, left a public industry position back to private industry position after 18 years.

Cons

None yet, just started less than a month ago

3. 5.0

Very proactive company

May 17, 2022 - Commercial Lines Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hub is a very proactive company and gives lots of growth opportunity. The benefits they give are good, especially with time flexibility.

Cons

Hub is your usual corporate job, but they really do try to be inclusive.

4. 5.0

Surprisingly Great!

May 11, 2022 - Registered Client Service Associate in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

37.5 hour work week. Strong emphasis on work-life balance. Active resources and reminders for equity and inclusion. They practice what they preach; for example, allow every employee 2 days paid leave to perform volunteer time.

Cons

Rapid growth via (mainly) acquiring companies has the potential for an ever-changing knowledge base. It can be challenging, and sometimes downright difficult, to obtain answers to operational issues.

5. 5.0

Great On-boarding!

May 6, 2022 - Assistant Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked in many insurance agencies over the years, large and small and was very pleased with the on-boarding process. The training, resources, HR, IT, my immediate manager have been very responsive and that surely reduces new employee stress. Their salary compensation is excellent. I work remotely and all computer equipment was delivered before my start date. I knew of several colleagues working here before I applied & all are happy!

Cons

I don't have any at this time.

Continue reading
  6. 4.0

Good place to work

May 4, 2022 - Web Administrator in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of room for growth and are happy to work with you to find what area you excel best.

Cons

A lot of people coming and going leaving many tasks up to those who may not be fully qualified to take them on.

7. 3.0

Underpaid, understaffed

May 16, 2022 - Benefits Analyst in Longmead Farms, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is great and preaches of work life balance which I do believe they fully believe in. Great leadership and team dynamics.

Cons

The company underpays as compared to the same roles elsewhere and have removed remote capability. That, coupled with the lower salary has resulted in difficulty filling positions which has caused understaffing. Current employees have a large workload and no compensation for extended efforts.

8. 4.0

Review

May 1, 2022 - Accounting Clerk
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly cowokers Supportive leadership Stress free environment

Cons

Below average pay Adding more words for text filter.

9. 4.0

Salary

Apr 30, 2022 - Financial Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Environment is pretty friendly in office

Cons

Salary isn’t so competitive to others

Continue reading
  10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great working environment

Apr 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

None come to my mind

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,088 Reviews

HUB International Reviews FAQs

HUB International has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 1,134 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at HUB International to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, HUB International employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at HUB International. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

75% of HUB International employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated HUB International 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at HUB International to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with HUB International Job Seekers