HUMAN Healthy Vending Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

HUMAN Healthy Vending Reviews

Updated Jan 29, 2016

4.5
HUMAN Healthy Vending Founder & Chief Humanist Sean Kelly (no image)
Sean Kelly
  1. "So Awesome. Can't recommend enough."

I worked at HUMAN Healthy Vending full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is fantastic, especially if your goal is to learn and develop yourself as a salesperson.

Cons

Long hours at times, but it's with a great group of people so it is not miserable. High cost of living area (LA) and bad traffic but that is something all companies in the area suffer from.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and don't lose focus on the development of great team members. SnackNation for life, baby!

HUMAN Healthy Vending2015-12-18

"Franchisee"

Former Employee - Franchise Owner in Newark, NJ

I worked at HUMAN Healthy Vending full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to own and operate your own business is a plus. Many of the other franchisees I spoke with along the way were hard-working and helpful people. Being involved in the health food industry was interesting.

Cons

The focus definitely did not seem to be on helping the individual franchisees. Rather, it seems management is focused on growth (often at the expense of the franchisees), and more specifically in their own personal success. The CEO constantly offered leadership "extras" (which cost more money from the franchisee) and was more often than not writing an article on leadership as opposed to leading the company. Most of the franchisees felt that he was simply using the company as a stepping stone to launch his own career. He even told franchisees not to call him, as he didn't have time (even though the company is quite small). A lot of big egos and idealism that made running day to day operations difficult.

Advice to Management

Hire some more seasoned, experienced employees into senior management. Focus on fostering trust and good will with franchisees. Stop trying to diversify offerings to the detriment of the core business.

HUMAN Healthy Vending2016-01-13

"Frat Party, drugs included"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I worked at HUMAN Healthy Vending full-time for more than a year

Pros

No drug tests? Freedom to do whatever you want and very low turnover, unlimited vacation and sales pressure is low to non-existant on hitting goals

Cons

No respect for Vets, terrible pay, off site events are like college but pressure to do cocaine is high for sales team, idolize the "wolf of wallstreet" lifestyle with regular parties and easy women (pro for some), no HR structure, you only get a few free snacks a month- beware this place is a joke if you are looking for cool start ups check cornerstone and fullscreen, salesforce and many more have a reputable culture

Advice to Management

Stop trying so hard to convince the outside world you are awesome, look inward and fix the mess- the sales team doing cocaine in the bathroom all day is tacky

HUMAN Healthy Vending2016-01-30

"Dream Job"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Culver City, CA

I have been working at HUMAN Healthy Vending full-time for less than a year

Pros

The atmosphere is so uplifting! All of the leaders are in it with you. Everyone wants everyone else to succeed so no one is on their own! The environment is very relaxed. There are adorable dogs hanging out, there is a mini market available all day for whenever you need a snack. You are not stuck at a desk all day unless you want to be. You can basically work inside, outside, or up front at the main table...which is a great way to mix things up...you can even work from home occasionally if necessary. I actually enjoy getting up and pushing myself and my peers each day to be the best we can be. I absolutely love trying to get healthy snacks out into the world because we are helping to fight obesity, and that alone is worth getting up every day! I love helping people, and now I'm being paid to do so!

Cons

The drive can be rough because there is only one location at the moment. It would be awesome if the base pay could be higher simply because the cost of living is so intense out here, it's quite a struggle unless you continuously crush your goal, which takes a little time to master. They do help with insurance costs, but it is still very costly if you have a family. I think as the company continues to grow, they will be able to cover more.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! We are heading in the right direction and I'm so happy to be a part of it.

HUMAN Healthy Vending2015-12-06

"Good job out of college"

I have been working at HUMAN Healthy Vending

Pros

Company culture is Phenomenal. The people are great. They make an effort to keep things fun and interesting.

Cons

The company needs to do a better job with compensation. They need to work on reducing the amount of churn. Great people come and then leave quickly.

HUMAN Healthy Vending2015-11-09
  6. "Interesting Company Values"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I have been working at HUMAN Healthy Vending full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zero micro-management. Wonderful personal development opportunities. Fun-loving employees.

Cons

Questionable products being sold to public. Promotes a party (drinking) culture.

Advice to Management

Get involved with your employees on a deeper level. Create more individualistic training programs. Expand product innovation and tie in a more honest reward.

HUMAN Healthy Vending2015-11-15
  7. "Unparalleled Company Culture"

I have been working at HUMAN Healthy Vending full-time

Pros

The experience at H.U.M.A.N. is truly one-of-a-kind. The people are passionate, smart, hard-working, and fun. You feel like you belong on day one. Upon coming on board, you will be given responsibility, development opportunities, great training, and lots of high fives. Be aware, the interview process is not for the faint of heart - they work hard to create an environment of like-minded people who don't settle for anything less than what they love. Although challenging, the process moves quickly and efficiently. Receiving an offer from this company is especially rewarding. Good luck!

Cons

I honestly can't think of one downside to working at H.U.M.A.N. However, the job does require hard work and they expect a lot out of you, so if you're not willing to give it 110% don't bother applying.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!

HUMAN Healthy Vending2015-10-05
  8. "SnackNation Sales Team"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Culver City, CA

I have been working at HUMAN Healthy Vending full-time

Pros

Fantastic environment to work in, they give you the tools to grow and exceed your goals. Complete transparency from top down about company and personal goals and expectations.

Cons

I really do not have any critical "Cons" about this company. Advise doing some work when away from the office but doesn't feel like too much of a task or a burden.

Advice to Management

Just to keep doing what they are doing and accepting the growth of the company. They juggle many things here and continue to get it done.

HUMAN Healthy Vending2015-10-05
  9. "recruiter"

I have been working at HUMAN Healthy Vending

Pros

If you want to learn business by the best then this is the place to be. Great culture, amazing partners and a product you can really get behind. Sean Kelly is doing an amazing job.

Cons

There are no cons that come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!!!!

HUMAN Healthy Vending2015-09-01
  10. "Sales Manager"

I worked at HUMAN Healthy Vending

Pros

Excellent management team that helps with any minor issues internally and technical. Growing at a rapid speed and want you to be a part of it

Cons

None that I can think of

HUMAN Healthy Vending2015-07-10