HUMANeX Ventures Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Brad Black

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Get ready to work your tail off, but have it be worth it."

I have been working at HUMANeX Ventures full-time

Pros

As a younger organization with many growing divisions, expect to come in and work your tail off, deal with a lot of ambiguity and also have a lot of freedom. The work is extremely rewarding - I've never been in a career that I've cried (tears of joy) with clients before because you can see the positive impact on others.

The people internally that you get a chance to work with are pretty amazing, too. I really enjoy working and hanging out with my coworkers.

Flexibility in work is also a huge plus for me. Even with working a lot, HUMANeX provides the flexibility I need to take care of family duties, dabble in other projects within the company, etc. I've never felt like I was stuck in a box of 8-5 and only doing one thing...which is exactly what I need.

Cons

The CEO is traveling a lot. I see it as a good thing because as hard as all of us work - he works 10x harder. He's so dedicated to this organization and its purpose BUT that can be a con when there isn't a strong, central leadership group that we can go to to get clarity, advice, approval, etc. Having a strong leadership team in the CEO's absence is vital to keeping the organization aligned, focused and happy.

One thing I think others have posted about isn't true but more of their false perception of a situation. There's a principle about "where there is a void, negativity will fill it." I don't agree with a lot of negative comments on here but I would say that having the CEO on the road regularly without a clear 'second in command' to be able to fully fill in when he's gone could create a void and others just assume the worst and fill it with negativity.

Advice to Management

Fully empower a core group of people that can act as CEO if/when you're not around OR cut back on travel to be there for employees' needs more. The second option is a bad one though because I think the CEO is inspiring to see how hard he works and how passionate he is towards working with clients. I don't think it'd be wise to take that away.

"WATCH OUT!!! Terrible leadership, not at all what they say"

I have been working at HUMANeX Ventures full-time

Pros

They recruit and tell you a story that truly is unbelievable about this company and culture. DON'T FALL FOR IT. Once you get in, you'll realize they lied.

Cons

Executive Leadership and lead managers need a wake up call. The "young generation" is talented and we are not all looking for rewards, or feel entitled. All we want is a leader who will actually be there and support us.
    Their leaders are never there and when they are they are not available.
    They watch you like a hawk, people are not treated equally and they discriminate.
    BE CAREFUL, if something sounds too good to be true; it probably is.

Advice to Management

Maybe it's time for you to find another career. Most of you are in the positions you are in because of your outside connections with key leaders in the business and specifically sports industry. You talk about generation x as being entitled when you need to look in the mirror. Get to know your team mates before you judge and start to single out to terminate or force them to leave. I've been watching over the years and this has happened to so many close friends here. I'm currently looking for new opportunities and will be leaving soon because I just can't watch this happen to anyone else.

"Don't believe the lies"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I worked at HUMANeX Ventures (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers who make work bearable

Cons

CEO is full of himself and is full of lies.

Advice to Management

Get out while you can.

"Unique and Good place to work"

I worked at HUMANeX Ventures full-time

Pros

Great team environment! Got to work with great people on a regular basis. They care about your growth in a personal and professional level; they invest in you and want you to succeed, not just for the organization but for your overall success and accomplishment. Very personable people, coaches really care about you.

Cons

There were a lot of needless meetings. Maybe it's a result of the team-oriented approach to the overall goal and projects, but you can go through a whole day of just meetings if you are on enough teams or it is the right day of the week. Sometimes the meetings seem like micromanagement. Pay was a little low. Favoritism abounds as some people come and go as they please if they have other commitments(not related to work), while others are supposed to be available 24/7.

Advice to Management

Keep building great culture and investing in people- Great job with that! Set equal standards for work hours and expected timelines for employee opportunities in advancement.

5. "Growth Opportunities Aplenty"

I have been working at HUMANeX Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My experience thus far at HUMANeX Ventures has not only been a positive one, but I can safely say that I have grown tremendously as a person as well. As I have recently graduated from college, the idea of venturing out into the real world can be a very daunting one. From the moment I entered the HUMANeX organization, I immediately felt supported. My teammates made me feel as if I was the most important person in the world. People within the organization bend over backwards to set you up for success, which is something that I believe few organizations can truly say. The relationships that I have developed with those I work with are of extreme value to me, and energize me every time I step in the office.

It is not only the culture that impresses me. The amount of driven and hard-working people on staff is most likely a result of the real world impact that we make as an organization every single day. My time in our athletics division has shown me the profound effect we can have on student athletes as we help them grow and develop. I will not be so cheesy to say "we make a difference in the world" but the fact of the matter is we are given the opportunity to serve others in a meaningful way and help strengthen communities. I love interacting with people along with teaching and developing them. HUMANeX gives me those opportunities regularly and allows me to focus on the areas of the organization that I enjoy the most. I am at liberty to take on new challenges in the regions of my choice and not simply be constricted to one division, department, or role.

The agency that you are given right off the bat at HUMANeX is pretty amazing. I have had the opportunities in my first year of employment that I would not have had 10 years in to another job. From leading clients in our athletics sector to teaching out trainings to organizations in our business division, I have been given all the tools and all the opportunities to make an immediate impact.

Cons

Although this is my first full-time job, I can still recognize some areas of improvement. It is great that employees are given so much freedom to choose their role in the organization but sometimes this makes the whole mechanism lose focus. I feel HUMANeX sacrifices efficiency in terms of how we utilize employees. It is great to develop people in different areas, but specialization becomes more and more important as a business grows and changes need to be made if the organization wants to continue to move forward. I have experienced it on a day-to-day basis when sometimes there are so many pulls on your time and meetings for a number of different teams that take away from where you would be most productive.

There is not as much of a clear-cut path in terms of advancement either. The company's goal is to reduce hierarchy which I believe is valuable, yet sometimes the progression path for employees is unclear. I could see someone having success in a role yet not have the opportunity to advance, strictly because the opportunity may not exist. Again, as the company grows, it would be helpful to have more structure around this.

Advice to Management

I believe that management is one of the main draws to HUMANeX Ventures. It is a very personalized management style where upper-management invests in relationships. There is no advice that I have at this current time.

"Welcome to the family"

I have been working at HUMANeX Ventures (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are definitely the best part. Coming to work means visiting your family every day. Relationships are genuine and intentional and it makes the work experience a lot better.
    As for the actual work, everything is very purpose-driven. Manager coaches work hard to make sure that everyone is given tasks and projects that align with their interests. You're not given an automatic role when you're hired, but your areas of interest determine that as you gain more experience with the organization.
    Interns are valued right from the beginning and are given the opportunity to lead their own projects. They're just as much a part of the family as anyone else.

Cons

Sometimes decisions can take a long time to be made. When there's a new initiative, it sometimes has to pass through a long chain of command before anything can actually be done. As the company grows, this is getting better, but it can still slow down a lot of processes.

Advice to Management

First, remove the graduate internship. Interns feel valued and would like to be rewarded by receiving a full-time position when they graduate college or complete an internship. They don't want to be in an interim stage with less pay and benefits (the graduate internship). Let them move into full-time work with full-time pay, since the graduate internship has almost the same work load anyways.
    Also, allow decisions to be made by people lower in the chain-of-command. Not every decision needs to go to the leadership team or the CEO.

"Meh"

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at HUMANeX Ventures full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’m not trying to be overly critical, but there just aren’t lots of pros to working at HUMANeX. It’s not a horrible place, but it’s just not all that great. The people are nice overall, but it’s the kind of place where you spend your days feeling “meh” about being here. The enthusiasm of the CEO is really high and he tries to inspire so his approach is better than a negative leader, but it's also insincere. The people are mostly pretty young (probably 75% in their 20s or early 30s) so there is a somewhat young energy.

Cons

As mentioned above as a “pro” the staff is pretty young. Unfortunately, the work environment and culture is not designed in a way that shows the company understands Millennials and how we work best. It feels too formal here and stuffy so it’s not really that fun or engaging. The fun we’re allowed to have seems forced. Also, there’s a ton of bureaucracy which seems completely unneeded in a tiny company. The CEO is often fake and never really wants to listen to anyone. He just loves to talk and talk until we’re exhausted. We hear that a lot of clients end up finding him equally exhausting, too. He's ethically challenged with promises that aren't delivered and claims that just aren't true about what we do and the "next level impact" that we can deliver. The direction of the company is also really confusing. Technology really doesn’t exist here beyond just the basics that a person would have in a home office. They overuse the "we're a small company with limited resources so we all have to wear a lot of hats" excuse for things not being done right or efficiently.

Advice to Management

Follow through on promises and listen more. Stop making such big promises and stop telling exaggerated stories about the company when recruiting people or when talking about the success of the company with current employees. For us the truth really matters and we're old enough to hear it. We're treated like immature children. Like others have said, as leaders of the company stop posting your own reviews of the company. Those reviews are so obvious and go to show that you’re way out of touch with what’s really happening here. It's also borderline unethical in the big picture.

"Wonderful Company!"

Current Employee - Analyst, Client Service and Process Lead in Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Analyst, Client Service and Process Lead in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at HUMANeX Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The first thing that drew me to HUMANeX is the experience you can get as an intern. You’re exposed to a variety of projects and teams. I was able to jump right in from day one and make contributions in meetings, etc. I also love that every day is different. There’s a lot of variety in the projects you get to work on and the teams you are on. The work I do makes a positive impact on the lives of others and being able to collaborate with such highly talented people every day is very rewarding! The culture and work environment at HUMANeX Ventures is absolutely wonderful. Building strong relationships is a focus organization-wide, it truly feels like a family!

Cons

Being effective at time management is crucial to your success at HUMANeX Ventures. You are also given a lot of responsibility, so it can be overwhelming at times if it’s hard for you to say ‘no.’

Advice to Management

Revise the Graduate Intern process! It makes the transition from intern to graduate intern to full time stressful and makes the team member feel undervalued. I'd suggest making sure all parties are communicated with and are on the same page!

"Analyst, Training & Product Development Specialist"

I have been working at HUMANeX Ventures full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many great reasons to work at HUMANeX Ventures... I am beyond grateful to work for an organization that values our growth and development as individuals. We truly practice what we preach in building a culture where we are engaged and inspired by what we do and who we get to do it with. One of the aspects I value is the variety of work we get to do - no one day is ever the same which I absolutely love. We are very team oriented and get to partner with each other very often which makes for strong relationships in the office. Another pro is knowing the work we do matters and we take time to celebrate the small successes whether it’s working with a school district or student-athlete.

Cons

Having a tolerance for ambiguous situations is definitely a must at HUMANeX. We are lucky to get to take on a variety of responsibilities and a ‘con’ could potentially be knowing what to say yes and no to. It is important to always keep in mind the bigger picture and align your passions and interests with what you are working on.

Advice to Management

Our culture is phenomenal and we LOVE the people we get to work with every day – it truly makes it feel like a HUMANeX family. It would be helpful to hear more about the future plans and what the dreams and visions are for 5, 10 15+ years down the road.

"Lots of opportunity for those who can embrace the culture"

Current Employee - Analyst, Training, & Product Development Specialist

I have been working at HUMANeX Ventures full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

HUMANeX as an organization has countless opportunities to change the way companies, schools, and sports teams maximize their potential. We are creating an industry that frankly doesn't exist. Other organizations do similar work, but when it comes to the all-encompassing approach we take to selection, development, and culture building, there's no one who does what we do. Those who join our organization are empowered to shape the direction of the company, its long-term success, and their own personal success, growth, impact, etc.

Cons

This potential is certainly not without its drawbacks. The company is experiencing growing pains every day, but I have no doubt that those who stick it out will soon enjoy the fruits of our labor. Day to day work can often be ambiguous and priorities can be scattered, but there's a lot to do and we all have to be responsible for even the smallest of details. Don't expect to specialize in one area as you'll be asked to be a "jack of all trades," which can sometimes be frustrating on a day-to-day basis, but again, the long-term benefits are endless even though hard to see at times. If you're willing to try something new, risk joining an organization that is far from traditional, challenges you to shape the future and the way we do business, and sacrifices short-term pleasures for long-term gains, I would highly recommended HUMANeX, but understand it's certainly not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Our culture is fantastic. We have incredible relationships within the office and even with those we don't see on a daily basis. We appreciate the focus on effort versus numbers and purpose versus pure results, but sometimes more open communication would be appreciated in terms of financials, why decisions were made, etc. That kind of transparency would take our culture to the next level.