Hadley Pollet Reviews | Glassdoor

Hadley Pollet Reviews

5.0
Hadley Pollet

1. "Working at Hadley Pollet Jumpstarted My Career"

Former Employee - Business Development in Brighton, MA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Brighton, MA

I worked at Hadley Pollet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a strong company with a start-up mentality: I received a tremendous amount of experience in any and every area I was interested in, and I worked one and one with the designer and her team.

It's growing: They are constantly trying to think of ways to give back and make their company more relevant to the market. My opinion mattered and led to new ideas. I read the other reviews below about it being unorganized and messy, which made me laugh a little bit. Would you rather work in a shuttered cubicle all day long and punch in and out with a timecard? I realize office environment is a preference but for me, working at Hadley Pollet gave me the freedom of working in a (gorgeous) collaborative space and an organic environment where I didn't feel like I'm was chained to a desk.

Networking: Hadley Pollet is an incredibly well known company, and Hadley is very well respected in the design community and throughout Boston.

Cons

That they're headquartered in Boston and not NYC (for now?)!

Advice to Management

Thank you for your mentorship and giving me the experience (and creative freedom) I needed to land my dream job in New York City. I would have never made it this far without this position.

2. "Amazing work experience"

Former Employee - Design Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Design Intern in Boston, MA

Pros

Great work environment with lots of opportunities to be exposed to all aspects of the business if you are ambitious and eager to learn. Lots of responsibilities are given, and what skills i have required are invaluable. I enjoyed that everyday was different from the next in that i had the chance to immerse myself in all aspects of the business. Hadley is a wonderful and caring person who loves yoga and made me tea :)

Cons

that i had to leave to continue my education

"My experience at Hadley Pollet has been great."

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Brighton, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Brighton, MA

Pros

Because it is such a small company, I was able to learn a lot by taking on more responsibility. The environment is extremely creative and fun, but challenging at the same time.

Cons

The hours can be long at times during busy seasons, but in the beginning of the year, it is slow as well, so things fluctuate a little. The management is really good about making sure you take personal time when needed. And, a bonus is that Hadley takes people to yoga sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep teaching people what you know because I feel like I've learned more here about business than anywhere else. I'm only not working there because I had to move for personal reasons. It was a great ride.

5. "A valuable and enjoyable experience that provided me with knowledge, skills, and insight into the fashion industry."

Pros

The intimacy of this petite company allowed me to gain first hand experience in all sectors of the business (a rare privilege). My opinions and ideas were heard; whether positive or negative feedback, I was able to learn through active participation. Management and staff were kind and inspirational.

In regards to the "messy-ness": this is a creative space in which you are invited into. If the plethora of fabrics and inspiration boards are in your way- ask to move them! I am moderately OCD about my work space and Hadley gave me the OK to re-organize. Proactivity pays off!

Cons

Boston headquarters limits some of the opportunities that NYC has to offer.

However, once I voiced my interest, Hadley ensured that I experience the industry in a New York state of mind. I prepared research and contacted press outlets- a week later we travelled to NYC for appointments with luxury boutiques and top publications.

Advice to Management

Management: keep doing what you're doing. Big things are ahead.

I have grown positively (both personally and professionally) from my experience at Hadley Pollet. I would never have excelled so quickly in the fashion industry without such amazing influence and guidance. Many thanks!