Hain Celestial Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Hain Celestial Chairman, President, and CEO Irwin D. Simon
Irwin D. Simon

Pros
  • A lot of work but Great work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Hain-Celestial is the leader in the natural and organic food industry (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • A bonus program that should be called a "ghost" (in 3 reviews)

• No communication from senior management (in 3 reviews)

1. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Hain Celestial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A highly respected, leader and first mover in the Natural space. Consistent opportunity for advancement. You will advance if you perform. Those that have left and posted negatively, most likely had someone right next to them who was working hard and reaping the rewards of that hard work. Sour grapes.....

Cons

People who come to Hain expecting a big corporate mentality. Hain is a fast paced market leader with tremendous product innovation.

Advice to Management

Stay green and keep growing!!

"Operations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY

Pros

I'm a new employee with Hain and so far I've had no complaints. Except for some Co-workers that like to take advantage of your kindness and complain that you're actually doing your job, everything is great!

Cons

No major complaints so far.

3. "Great Internship"

Former Intern - Intern in Lake Success, NY
    Former Intern - Intern in Lake Success, NY

I worked at Hain Celestial as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Hain is a fantastic place to learn as an intern. The company's organizational behavior allows the employees to feel as if they have a lot of responsibility and there time and energy is appreciated and needed.

Cons

The pay could be better for interns.

Advice to Management

Management was fantastic. Everyone cared for the interns and promoted learning opportunities. It was apparent they hoped to work with us in the future.

5. "Great Internship Program!"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Hain Celestial as an intern

Pros

Wonderful working environment; senior management very willing to collaborate with and mentor interns; hard-working employees

Cons

Wish the interns had a little more mobility within the company

Advice to Management

None

6. "Barista"

I have been working at Hain Celestial part-time

Pros

Fast-paced work environment; great opportunity to build customer service skills; opportunities for growth and improvement; positive work environment and atmosphere, awesome and supportive co-workers and managers/supervisors

Cons

Very much the same work every day; can become monotonous or boring over time. It's important to build customer relationships to keep work interesting and fun every day.

Advice to Management

Some employees seem to struggle to find the balance between not taking work seriously enough and taking it too seriously. Some staff should be better trained to help eliminate repeated silly mistakes and improve efficiency.

7. "Happy lower-level employee..."

Former Employee - Sales/Barista in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Sales/Barista in Boulder, CO

Pros

Great management; wonderful colleagues. I worked at the university coffee shop and probably also would have given tours at the tea factory if I had stayed longer in Boulder, Colorado. I really liked my manager and the manager's assistant, and I worked at various locations, and liked everyone I worked with. I felt that the compensation was fair and could have envisioned moving into management positions, and perhaps out of the cafe entirely, eventually. I got great customer service experience, and I was allowed to work on my own a lot of the time, which I appreciated. I never felt micromanaged.

Cons

My positions, obviously, was not a lofty one, so the customers were occasionally (make that often) very difficult - people are very particular about their coffee or tea and the way in which it is made. For the most part, the service industry is like that, though - you just have to get used to it, and I did. I occasionally (very seldom) felt that I was at the very bottom or far end of a branch of a large corporation, but the people I worked with made up for that, and what do you expect, anyway? I don't know what changes have taken place since Celestial merged with Hain...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing...

8. "Data entry/Shipping Clerk"

Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Data Entry Clerk in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Pros

Work Life Balance, Outgoing environment

Cons

Lower wage rates, Not much growth opportunities.