Hain Celestial Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Hain Celestial Chairman, President, and CEO Irwin D. Simon
Irwin D. Simon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work Life Balance, Outgoing environment (in 7 reviews)

• They mean well in their quest to be an industry leader in the natural and organic CPG business (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • They DO NOT offer work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

• This mostly stemmed from poor upper management in this area (in 4 reviews)

1. "Demand Planning Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Hain Celestial as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great environment, especially in terms of transparency and building a community environment
    - Visibility is extremely important at the intern level

Cons

- Long work days, but who doesn't have those?

2. "Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

I have been working at Hain Celestial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hain is an organization that values creativity and innovation, and its employees have an opportunity to make a lasting impact. The office environment nurtures ingenuity with open work spaces and collaborative meeting opportunities. Culture feels entrepreneurial in that employees are responsible for understanding and contributing to all aspects of growing the company’s brands. Employees are provided with the tools and structure to succeed, but are expected to collaborate cross functions and not let excuses / hurdles get in the way of contributing to the organization’s success. Hard-working, effective and innovative employees are rewarded with upward mobility.

Cons

If candidates are looking for ultra-structured and siloed job functions, Hain may not be the right fit. As mentioned, employees must appreciate and be able to thrive in a flexible, forward thinking, fast paced setting.

Advice to Management

I'm proud that management has kept its entrepreneurial spirit amongst tremendous market growth and success. CEO takes interest in product development and can often be spotted tasting new innovation ideas around the office.

3. "Empowering culture where you can make a difference"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Hain Celestial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Global Leader in Natural Organic, Founder led encouraging entrepreneurial thinking, passionate employees & tons of growth and development opportunities in a super cool office in New York

Cons

None - some may find the fast paced nature of the business to much however it is what makes Hain so special and candidly it is also creates the positive energy and excitement amongst the teams!

Advice to Management

Continue the energy behind a refined business model focused on the core brands, the customer and the consumer alongside the efforts being made to acknowledge that your employees are one of your biggest assets!

4. "The Most Rewarding Internship I've ever had!"

I worked at Hain Celestial as an intern

Pros

The passionate working environment and the nice, caring people are some of the things you will never find at any other company. I've worked for many companies in the past and I could say that Hain is unlike any other. You will feel appreciated and welcomed when you walk in on your first day. There was never an issue where I had trouble finding someone to help me with a task. No matter how busy people are, they always find time to help you. Everyone is treated equally, no matter if you are an intern or a high level executive. I don't see myself working for any other company other than Hain after graduation. If you are looking for a rewarding, invaluable internship, then please apply to Hain Celestial.

Cons

In an unbiased point of view, I don't see any downsides during my internship at Hain.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work. I appreciate management staying level headed and being patient with all the interns. I never thought I'd ever meet a down to earth manager while still being effective in his job duties. I hope to work for the same manager I had during this internship in the near future.

5. "Change for Growth"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Hain Celestial full-time

Pros

New executive management team that is executing a new internal structure and implementing a strong the go to market strategy.
    Opportunity to join the team and be a voice as they have proven to be able to quickly turn around short term success plans.

Cons

Lots of first to market brands that were never marketed to hold their positioning

Advice to Management

They are on the right track for a positive growth in the business and company values!!

6. "Marketing Manager"

I worked at Hain Celestial full-time

Pros

great brand and great leader...

Cons

management seems very busy they have a lot going on at once.

Advice to Management

try to have more company meetings.

7. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Hain Celestial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A highly respected, leader and first mover in the Natural space. Consistent opportunity for advancement. You will advance if you perform. Those that have left and posted negatively, most likely had someone right next to them who was working hard and reaping the rewards of that hard work. Sour grapes.....

Cons

People who come to Hain expecting a big corporate mentality. Hain is a fast paced market leader with tremendous product innovation.

Advice to Management

Stay green and keep growing!!

"Operations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY

Pros

I'm a new employee with Hain and so far I've had no complaints. Except for some Co-workers that like to take advantage of your kindness and complain that you're actually doing your job, everything is great!

Cons

No major complaints so far.

9. "Great Internship"

Former Intern - Intern in Lake Success, NY

I worked at Hain Celestial as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Hain is a fantastic place to learn as an intern. The company's organizational behavior allows the employees to feel as if they have a lot of responsibility and there time and energy is appreciated and needed.

Cons

The pay could be better for interns.

Advice to Management

Management was fantastic. Everyone cared for the interns and promoted learning opportunities. It was apparent they hoped to work with us in the future.

10. "Great Internship Program!"

I worked at Hain Celestial as an intern

Pros

Wonderful working environment; senior management very willing to collaborate with and mentor interns; hard-working employees

Cons

Wish the interns had a little more mobility within the company

Advice to Management

None