Hair Club Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Hair Club CEO Carlos Sariol
Carlos Sariol

Pros
  • The most gratifying part of what we do is that we help people in need every day and turn a dream into reality (in 19 reviews)

• It's a great company to work for, I've been with HCM for 14 years and continue to love what I do everyday (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Most of the upper management are phony some would rather get you in "trouble" then to help build you (in 15 reviews)

• Some might say working Saturdays, but being off Monday's makes up for it (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing company amazing opportunity and benefits"

Current Employee - Stylist Supervisor in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Stylist Supervisor in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Hair Club full-time

Pros

Built in clientele amazing education amazing advancement opportunities great work environment true work family 401k medical benefits

Cons

None I love what I do changing lives everyday

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and stay just the way you are

Aug 22, 2016 – MARKETING MANAGER

Happy to hear about your great experience with Hair Club. Hair Club strives to create a positive environment by providing ample advancement opportunities and topnotch management teams. We value your ... More

2. "Image Consultant/ Client Relationship Manager"

Current Employee - Image Consultant/Client Relationship Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best Company I've ever worked for. Great employees, great management, great clientele. Training is second to none. They make sure you know everything you need to know before you start. I love this company! They are sincere and offer constructive criticism, which I appreciate.

Cons

None at all, I'm very happy.

Advice to Management

You are amazing! Keep up the good work and you'll continue to have a successful company with awesome employees!

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Hair Club full-time

Pros

I've worked at Hair Club for close to 15 years. I never imagined when I started I'd find this company to be such a home. The company cares equally about it's own employees and about it's clients. Sharing ideas and being valued as an employee is so important. But so is seeing that Hair Club always wants to do right by the client.

Cons

Some might say working Saturdays, but being off Monday's makes up for it!

5. "Image Consultant"

Current Employee - Image Consultant in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Image Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a company that is committed to its clients as well as its employees. They also have different hours of operation that suit me perfectly.

Cons

It can be emotional working with people that need help.

Advice to Management

No advice at this time.

"Seedy. Negative. Manipulation.Unprofessional."

Current Employee - Technical Trainer in Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Trainer in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at Hair Club part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None no pros nonexistent All a grand facade. Not a real hair salon do not waste your time . Utter immaturity
    Salary hikes are given by the bigger tippers after a trillion years. Dead end. Ruin your career going here to work herem

Cons

It is all Cons from a to z. People get Cancer working here Toxic. Shut up and do your work no questions. Get screamed at for questioning pay check or curious about helping a client adjust hair type or size. Constantly quieted up. Let the clients suffer who cares unless they fight back, people and workers are sheep to them. We're like beggars in their eyes.Terrible phonies. Get treated like a brainless wonder or an attention seeking child. Management mocks the cosmetology profession as if we are there to play with this plastic hair entertainment and they're the ones with all the knowledge. We're just a body there for show cut hair a little. There the main important person yet when u try to talk about helping a client acquire a better fit or type anything to say the least they blow you right off. It's the clients job to be put on the spot to pratically beg these salespeople to help them have something that fits and don't make them bleed or sweat or have utter headaches and itching. We have no say. No input. No creative ideas allowed. Cant interject any new idea which most clients love that it makes it fun for them ..to much work for them on the computer to change or ad things. Don't want to disrupt them from facebooking.. smells like rotting banana peels underneath. Cornflakes fall out dead skin when your trying to take off the hair some bleed not the right piece they don't care they're to poor to not bleed can't afford a good one. So us as stylists have to deal with the blood the funky smell and bad or no tip because client is very unsatisfied its to tight they don't care your a non entity to them just a flake with a wig on unless u have 500 a month to give them your a poor dirtbag to them if not. They love the insecure and meek. If your a mature women with children don't even bother going on an interview they only hire ignorant girls. Real women do not apply.

Advice to Management

Stop being such pervs prozac could help that.Go to jail.

"Run by emotion, not professionalism"

Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hair Club full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay for sales staff and chill environment

Cons

Horrible health benefits, rules change on a whim by management, merit isn't based on performance but personal opinion, corporate is in another state and has no idea of stressful working conditions, decreasing product quality.

Advice to Management

Nothing will ever change, what's the point.

Mar 20, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback. The location mentioned is a Joint Venture with Hair Club managed by our largest franchise owner. Their benefits are very similar to those offered by Corporate. I am ... More

"Be Prepared"

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Hair Club full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn a new skill that is being offered at more and more salons. If you are looking for a place to settle into, Hair Club would be the place as the compensation, commission and benefits are pretty amazing.

Cons

Management has no understanding in what it takes to do hair let alone the services that are provided to the clients. As the new person you are basically treated like an assistant to not only stylists but management as well. The tips are not very good and border on nonexistent and the clientele is a bit unsettling. There was a lot of verbal abuse from clients as well as sexual harassment. On a few occasions i heard stories of physical abuse as well. When these issues were brought to management their way of dealing with the problem was to simply book the client with another stylist. Often times the books would be screwed up and you are given too many clients back to back to perform services that are typically longer and more involved than most hairstylists are used to. There is virtually no support from higher ups and it is a high stress position. Do not work here if you are fresh out of beauty school.

Advice to Management

Learn what goes into being a hairstylist. Listen to the people who work for you because we have a full understanding, as hairstylists, how this industry works. Having a manager with a background in retail isn't really helpful if you dont understand how a salon works. Don't let clients dictate what your business is, they are here for the services you offer not for the stylists to be their personal wait staff.

Mar 20, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback. We do not tolerate any type of harassment in our centers. There are avenues available that you could have used to express your concerns. We have investigated the claims ... More

9. "13 years and still going strong. I've never looked back or dreaded one day of work."

Current Employee - Area Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The supportive, fast paced, and fun culture that HC provides makes going to work something I look forward to every single day, even after all this time. Client's lives are changed for the better and staff care about each other. HC is generous with time off and fun extras plus they are committed to always improving what we do.

Cons

If cons exists, they are minimal and outweighed by the relationships we create. Always improving, HC listens to their teams and clients.

Advice to Management

Thank you.

10. "There is nothing like this company in the salon world"

Former Employee - Stylist in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Stylist in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Hair Club (Less than a year)

Pros

Schedual, 401k, clients, career advancement, just a good place

Cons

Tips, if you live off them, try to not expect them

Advice to Management

Company is really good, lots of potential

11. "Only the best need apply cause this place is Awsome"

Current Employee - EXT and Extrands Plus Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - EXT and Extrands Plus Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company bring a promise to hair loss victims and a breaths new life in a stylist career in a way i cannon even explain. With a great set schdual, lots of PTO a weeks vacation after a year, great earring potential an ability to grow and travel in an Awsome company, not to mention 401k insurance health and life.
      This company offers a way to help people on a level that is fundamentally Awsome and amazing I cannot even explain !! When you put a client in one of our proven solutions and you see them truly change before your eyes you will never want to work any where else!!! I love what hairclub has given me ... a new purpose and an ability to help people with hair loss and make a living surrounded by my support team here in the Austin hairclub !!! If you have chance join hairclub where ever you are we are big family!! We know each other from coast of coast and believe and support each other completely !!!

Cons

I don't see any cons there is always change as we are on the cutting edge of hair loss solutions so maybe some people may see that challenging, I see it as an opportunity to always be bad havd the best at our disposal

Advice to Management

Keep people accountable to the company's expectations to keep people growing in solutions and always in the best program they can be in and take home all the recommended things that make the solutions work best!!