Hair Club Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Hair Club President and Chief Operating Officer Mike Nassar
Mike Nassar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The most gratifying part of what we do is that we help people in need every day and turn a dream into reality (in 19 reviews)

• It's a great company to work for, I've been with HCM for 14 years and continue to love what I do everyday (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • If issues arise, upper management is quick to help with a resolution (in 16 reviews)

• I'm not a huge fan of working Saturdays (in 15 reviews)

1. "Hair Club!"

Current Employee - Image Consultant in Tukwila, WA
    Current Employee - Image Consultant in Tukwila, WA

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very fun work environment. Training is a top priority for this company. A set schedule. Your job objectives are clearly payed out in the interview process. The store manager at my location works very hard for her team. She understands that she will only find success by supporting her team, and driving their success.

Cons

The center location needs to be updated. The location is not great for how the Seattle area is laid out.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you’re doing today!

2. "Receptionist"

Current Employee - Retired Salon Owner in Cape Coral, FL
    Current Employee - Retired Salon Owner in Cape Coral, FL

I have been working at Hair Club part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

25 years experiance in hair....some experiance in mens hairs systems

Cons

None I can think of accept having to stand long periods of time

"I used to love my job"

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the Clients!!!!! For me it brought a new perspective to my career as a stylist. I work and worked with some of the greatest people I've met. Mike N is a class act. Always pleasant and respectful to everyone employed by Hair Club

Cons

Morale, unfairness, ethics and lack of leadership at least that's my opinion. And I believe it has a lot to do with our area manager.

The center I currently work in has had a drastic decline in the morale of the employees of this center as a whole we feel there's an air of favoritism where opportunities are presented to some and not others. Our leadership, and I use that term loosely, needs leadership. The area manager we have thats suppose to lead them could use some more training in that department. She/he has not cared enough for the team to be a good leader to us and the GM. And again my opinion is that negative energy, and polluted view has been transfered to the GM Leadership is the most important thing to succeed in my eyes and when your leadership does not possess the drive and the attitude to move a team forward the team dies. The management tries to lead with unequal balance of friendliness and fearfulness. Guilt is placed on the employees if for whatever reason they have to call out or leave early. More than capable employees are slighted for additional training in the company due to who leadership likes and dislikes. It used to be an enjoyable place to be, we used to be a family. Now and I speak for most of the crew its become uncomfortable

Advice to Management

Train management to lead and not be bosses. Help them to understand that jumping in to help your people isn't something that is beneath "management"but builds an unmatched respect and a loyalty to job and them.

"Great Company"

Pros

Change peoples lives, great co workers, great money.

Cons

Gotta work hard not a con for me but may be for some.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Oct 24, 2017 – President & COO

Thank you for the positive review! Glad you love the Club!

5. "My time with the Hairless"

I worked at Hair Club part-time

Pros

i loved it there too

Cons

not a bad word to say

6. "Appointment Coordinator Expert"

I worked at Hair Club full-time

Pros

It is very well paid for the type of job position

Cons

Extremely monotone role. It is very repetitive.

"Center Manager experience"

Current Employee - Center Manager
    Current Employee - Center Manager

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You’re changing lives in a very positive way and it rocks. You get free product and services. Benefits are decent.

Cons

Disappointing leadership at an Area Manager and Regional Manager level. Very micro-managy approach which is not empowering, it’s demoralizing. Regional forces centers to continue servicing abusive clients. HR is not helpful and seems to enjoy throwing people under a bus. The company is unorganized and very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Send random surveys to your Center Managers to get a pulse check from their perspective.

"Amazing company!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working with Hair Club for over 20 years. There are many pros but the best ones are that we give our client's their confidence, life and image back! My co-workers are like my family!

Cons

Can't think of any cons!

Oct 24, 2017 – President & COO

Thank you for the positive review! Cheers to many more years at the Club!

9. "General Manager"

Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fun and hardworking culture, lots of opportunity to grow and make money, witnessing lives being changed daily, fun staff, and organized corporate environment that supports you as the employee. I love the relationships that are created with our corporate team to show that no matter what level you are in you matter.

Cons

Working Saturdays are the only downside for me. I do admit that I love having Mondays off though! Seeing so many coworkers in different locations leave and then return make the Cons list pretty much non existent. If you do what you are suppose to and speak up when its needed this is a fantastic company to work for!

Advice to Management

Hear your people! It's the best to know you have been heard and listened to.

Oct 24, 2017 – President & COO

Thank you so much for the review!

10. "Excellent company that fosters employee growth and participation."

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for many companies in my career and the last 20 with Hair Club. I can say unequivocally that this is a company that truly seeks to grow their employees and give anyone that wants an opportunity a pathway! I have had the privilege to work with Mike Nassar, recently promoted to the top position of COO of Hair Club. It is great to know top leadership shares my work ethic and values that include always doing right by the client as well as our employees, and to always be encouraging even when there are challenges. This also applies to my Area Manager and RVP team (Amy, Adam, AJ). You are supported, listened to and provided great counsel when needed!

Cons

I really love being part of this company and of course there are always areas that can be improved such as marketing and sales initiatives, etc., but overall this company continues to be open on ways to improve business as well as employee experience.

Advice to Management

This company continues to evolve and change always striving for improvements on best practices and best employment experiences. Most recently a task force was implemented to include representatives in the field to be part of potential leadership decisions. This is awesome and I hope it continues as I am looking forward to see where we are over the next 5 to 10 years!

Oct 24, 2017 – President & COO

Thank you so much for your kind words! We're looking forward to all the good stuff in our future!