Hair Club Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Hair Club President and Chief Operating Officer Mike Nassar
Mike Nassar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Help people who are suffering from hair loss (in 20 reviews)

• Overall a great company to work for (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • If issues arise, upper management is quick to help with a resolution (in 18 reviews)

• There is not much negative I can say about HC except working Saturdays can sometimes interfere with family time (in 16 reviews)

1. "Right at home with Hair Club!"

Current Employee - Center Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Center Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been the Center Manager at the Jacksonville, FL location since 2016 and I could not have found a better place to call home. The company is supportive, inclusive, caring, empathetic and loves their employees. If you cannot be successful here, that is on you.

Cons

No cons to speak of

"Center Manager-Selling"

Current Employee - Center Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Center Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best And most thorough training investment in the industry.
    Engaging company culture focused on both the employee and client experiences equally
    Highly competitive compensation and commission/ bonus programs
    Seeks feedback from the field and actively works towards improvement

Cons

None! If you are passionate about helping others, have the motivation to drive for results, and appreciate working as a team, you can go far!

Advice to Management

New managers could benefit from a Managing partnership. It would provide great development opportunities for strong Center/ General Managers and give new Center /General managers a partner to leverage for accelerated growth in the role.

Feb 20, 2018 – President & COO

Awesome feedback! We appreciate your advice and look forward to acting on it in the very near future.

"A very rewarding company"

Current Employee - Center Manager in Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - Center Manager in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hair Club is a company that you actually look forward going to work each day so you can literally change lives! It is the most rewarding feeling! It is excellent pay that includes not only commission and bonus structures, but also amazing prizes for various contests. They are consistently working to provide an even better employee culture (which trickles down to positive client experience). PTO is very generous. Training and employee events are fun and educational. Advancement opportunities are great. Everyone is very friendly - I feel comfortable calling anyone to ask for assistance, whether it is someone I've never met or the COO. Overall - an excellent company to work for!

Cons

I can't think of any cons - Hair Club is always trying to improve and move forward. They are very open to suggestions.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees and team to grow and become even better!

Feb 20, 2018 – President & COO

You're the best! Call anytime!
    Thanks for a great review! Charleston is lucky to have you!

4. "Finally a job to call home"

Current Employee - Corporate in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Corporate in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After many years of hating my places of work, I was lucky enough to find Hair Club. The culture is wonderful. Everyone works well because the company makes it so you actually want to contribute to the greater cause. Gone are the days of playing a role. I can be myself here without stress and that is priceless.

Cons

Too many goodies passed around on a daily basis, so there may be some weight gain involved! LOL

Advice to Management

Keep thinking of employees first!

5. "Stylist"

Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have built a full clientele with HairClub in just 2 years, and Simply by giving the best service possible. I have built relationships with coworkers and clients and do consider this a great place to work.
    In the last year alone I have seen positive changes in our Center and with Management. HairClub probably has the best health benefits in the industry after the switch to Anthem, and they continuously improve on the culture of the Company. My area manager and center manager always listen and give support, while giving me the motivation and direction to excel as a stylist.

Cons

I truly wish the company offered commission on all services preformed to give the stylists more incentive, particularly on non Xtrands+ Chemical (color) Services.

The PTO plan is generous, but vacation/sick/and holidays are all in one bank.

Advice to Management

Improve and simplify commission structure for stylists, giving more incentive for the actual service vs. “fighting over large tippers.” I believe this would improve morale, culture and create a more team friendly environment.

I had an internship at one of the best awarded salons in the city before coming to HairClub., and education was the focus. It reinforced customer service, built a team atmosphere, improved culture and helped excel profits. The salon stylists earned %10 on all product sales. The commission earned off these sales were put into a separate education fund for each stylist. At the end of each year the stylist would choose an outside workshop/academy or class to further their education. One example would be the Vidal Sassoon Academy. Not only did this benefit the individual stylist and clientele , the stylist would share what they learned during the monthly in-salon training. HairClub offers in Salon Training, but I believe outside training could benefit not only the stylist but would drive the company forward as a whole.

"A+ company to work for!"

I have been working at Hair Club full-time

Pros

Excellent pay plus great benefits! A fun company that cares about their employees! Always off on Sundays and Mondays! Bonuses and fun competitions between centers! Paid training and vacations! Free products and services plus discounts for friends & family! Always opportunities for advancement! Salon business atmosphere! Overall a great company to work for!

Cons

Saturdays, but you are off by 4pm!

Feb 3, 2018 – President & COO

Awesome, glad you like it!

7. "bilingual appointment coordination"

Current Employee - Bilingual Appointment Coordination in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Bilingual Appointment Coordination in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pro, Pay, Staff, Environment, Benefits

Cons

I have nothing to say

Feb 3, 2018 – President & COO

Thank you for the feedback and your efforts! Our National Contact Center is amazing because of people like you!

"hairstylist"

I have been working at Hair Club full-time

Pros

Amazing co workers and great teamwork equals happy clients with great hairstyles

Cons

No con's all smiles and passionate people

Feb 3, 2018 – President & COO

Thank you for the very nice feedback! If we can do anything to help you Love the Club even more, please let us know.

"Image Consultant"

Current Employee - Image Consultant in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Image Consultant in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Hair Club full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ethical company with a great purpose! I have been with Hair Club for less than a year but love it! I am the first point of contact when people come through our door, inquiring about hair loss solutions. I come to work every day with a sense of excitement, which I haven't had in a long time. I really enjoy the others I work with and our existing clients. I know that if I work hard, I will be paid accordingly. Sales objectives are realistic and attainable.

Cons

I wish some of the commission plans paid out at a higher percentage.

Advice to Management

I think my management is excellent. I feel completely supported and appreciate the open door policy set throughout the company. I am able to communicate with my primary management as well as upper-management.

Jan 6, 2018 – President & COO

Thank you for the positive review. Glad we're doing well for you overall. We'll keep working to provide the Ultimate Employee Experience! Your Center has been doing great! Keep up the effort into... More

"Great Company and treats employees graciously"

Current Employee - Hair Stylist
    Current Employee - Hair Stylist

I have been working at Hair Club (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement and upward mobility
    Generous bonus potential and commissions
    Fair amount of PTO and holidays off
    Rewarding job to be able to help others while doing what you love most.

Cons

There is not much negative I can say about HC except working Saturdays can sometimes interfere with family time. It is a trade off for having a day off during the week.

Advice to Management

My only advice to upper management would be to closer track commissions of conversions and PMC’s to ensure credit is given to the person(s) deserving and whom did the work.

Jan 6, 2018 – President & COO

Thank you for the feedback! Please reach out to me when you can so we can discuss commission tracking. My email is mnassar@hcfm.com I want to make sure we're always doing things right.