KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 600 of over 612 reviews

3.8
Hair Cuttery CEO Seth Gittlitz
Seth Gittlitz
Pros
  • "Build clientele and free education(in 48 reviews)

• "All incentives are there to help motivate you to strengthen yourself as a stylist(in 47 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The company relaly does not care about the stylists nd many mangers are completly ridiculous lots of drama(in 77 reviews)

• "Base pay is minimum wage, most of my co workers didn't have benefits(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Hair Cuttery and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

I love my job

Sep 4, 2021 - Hair Stylist in Pottstown, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great guests, Busy, Great compensation, Set schedule, benefits, pto, education, 401k

Cons

Very busy, standing most of the day,

Hair Cuttery Response

Thank you for this amazing review! We’ll be sure to share your feedback with the team.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

New management has great postPandemic planning

Jul 12, 2021 - Salon Leader/Manager in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you already know how to work efficiently, this company uses metrics that are easy to understand and build upon and offers a very wide audience of new clientele. If you are new to the business, there is lots of development and programming as well as excellent classes, most on demand and you are paid for training.

Cons

Like any commission-based field, it’s difficult to gain traction or income in this profession in the current economy- unless you are laser focused on building. This company also pays management bonuses based on attaining sales plans and raises commission for stellar performance. Unlike what the previous commenter said about “less commission” there is NO penalty, backbar/COVID/cancellation fee or reduction of pay for underperforming. No surcharges or processing fees like Tippy are ever taken from pay or tips. I was able to buy my home this year.

Hair Cuttery Response

We are s happy to read your comment. The pandemic has been a real challenge to most employers. For us, putting back to work over 5,000 stylists was one of the proudest moments, especially as a new company. Thank you for giving us a chance and being part of our team!

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Crash Course in high volume and time management

Aug 8, 2021 - Front Desk Recpetionist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hair Cuttery is great place to get your feet wet as a new stylist. With a fast paced work environment, continued education and product knowledge, and opportunities for growth within the company, you will be prepared for whatever this industry has to throw at you throughout your career.

Cons

- Can be difficult to hit sales goals as clients are looking for low cost services and often purchase drug store hair styling products to upkeep their styles. - The menu is a la cart so sometimes people are shocked after all the services end up totaled up - but that can be fixed by telling the client up front and not just saying yes and figuring it out later. - Because of the high volume of walk-ins, it can be a very exhausting job. Long hours, few moments of resting.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

?

Sep 15, 2021 - Stylist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, able to make as much $ as you want, friendly workplace

Cons

Heard Heath benefits aren’t the greatest

Hair Cuttery Response

We appreciate your honest feedback. We are a new company working to create the Best Job Ever for all of our associates. We value your feedback and will be sure to pass this along to our internal teams for consideration. Thank you again for your review and for being a valued HCFB associate.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Best Salon to work for in the Illinois

Apr 22, 2021 - Salon Leader in Skokie, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at HC in Illinois you have the best benefits I have ever seen in the beauty industry. Paid time off and it accumulates through out the year. Health, Dental, and many other benefits. Now lets talk about the pay ! I have been in the industry going on 11 years. I have yet to find a salon that can match the commission structure of HC. You can earn a six figure career with them BTC! With strong leaders that help mentor and coach you to your personal and professional goals. If you are a stylist looking for great pay, mentorship, free education and security in your income and career this is the place to be. There is open communication with your leaders, team, district leader, regional ect. Everyone cares about the sustainability of the companies future as well as each individual stylists future. HC started as a new company after the pandemic with new ownership by Seth. Seth is so genuine , honest, real, and has passion. These qualities are the same to say for the entire field team of Illinois that sets the building blocks for the salons in Illinois. District leaders like Yvonne Corwin will mentor salon leaders and assistants for business development and growth the grow salon business. SO if you are just a stylist or a stylist looking to grow in leadership Illinois HC Family of Brands is the place you should start your career.

Cons

Salons need to be remodeled to match the trendiness of their fab stylists and high end clients

Employer Brand and Recruiting Marketing Leader

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are excited to hear you are having a great experience with us. We are working to establish our own unique culture as evidenced by the changes we’ve made recently and we’re so glad that our associates see and feel the difference. Thanks again for sharing your feedback as we work to build the Best Job Ever! We’ll be sure to share your feedback with the team.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Pretty good company

Sep 9, 2021 - College Student in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good hours, nice people, good incentives

Cons

Never getting the weekend off, some co workers can be petty and catty and awful

Hair Cuttery Response

Thank you for your review. We are now under new management and are working to build a strong company with our associates at the center. Feedback like yours helps us in our efforts to do just that - thank you again for your transparency and honest feedback.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

only if i knew what this would turn into….

Aug 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

made life long friends, PTO.

Cons

terrible upper management, over worked, understaffed, money hungry.

Hair Cuttery Response

Thank you for leaving an honest review. Our leadership team consists of new and veteran salon enthusiasts who are working together to create the #BestJobEver. We aim to provide all of our Salon Professionals with the training, professional development, technologies, compensation strategies and marketing support to keep Guests coming back. We’re disheartened to hear that hasn’t been your experience. We invite you to contact feedback@haircuttery to discuss your feedback in greater detail. It’s our responsibility, and our core value, to be proactive problem-solvers and do what’s right.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work short term

Aug 16, 2021 - Hair Stylist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay, benefits, growth opportunities and education for employees. A secure job due to the size of the company.

Cons

High turnover rate, fluctuation of business, no help bringing clients in other than annoying tactics. Too much push on product sales

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Great to build

Sep 16, 2021 - Salon Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learn what you can. Remember, it is a job. A business transaction, not a family.

Cons

Soul sucking company that tells you how to manage your money when they are 10 million in debt.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

It was okay

Sep 17, 2021 - Senior Hair Stylist
      Business Outlook

Pros

My fellow stylist were awesome Fun environment

Cons

Management was none existent and did give much direction bad work life balance

Viewing 1 - 10 of 600 Reviews