Hajoca Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Hajoca Corporation Reviews

Updated 2 Aug 2019

Found 161 reviews

4.0
Hajoca Corporation CEO Rick Fantham (no image)
Rick Fantham
Pros
Cons
  • "Manager CONTROLS profit sharing and holds it over your head(in 19 reviews)

• "Growth opportunities for profit center team members is minimal(in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Management Development Program

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work can be very rewarding. Opportunities to build strong relationships with customers and vendors. Profit sharing can be life changing. You are compensated fairly for the work you do.

Cons

Very Competitive Markets, Lack Of Trust between Legacy Teammates and Management Trainees. Some Profit Centers are outdated.

Hajoca Corporation2019-07-11
  2. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hajoca Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

everything just loved this place

Cons

nothing work with the best and forget the rest

Hajoca Corporation2019-08-02

"Avoid if woman or minority"

Former Employee - Showroom Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Hajoca Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hours, benefits, not much else

Cons

Pay, sexist and racist coworkers, many plumbers won't talk to you because you are a woman.

Advice to Management

Actually manage everything including the showroom, it would be nice to actually get feedback instead of being ignored. Also maybe not wait until 2 years into someone's hiring to complain they don't have enough system training when we had been asking since I was hired for it. Let's punish the workers who insist on calling the black ups driver boy. It's a bunch of white men protecting white men.

Hajoca Corporation2019-07-25
  4. "Nice Place"

Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Hajoca Corporation full-time

Pros

Branch atmosphere was nice for healthy competition

Cons

Early work hours and weekends on inventory

Hajoca Corporation2019-07-08
  5. "Review"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a Great work life balance and good benefits

Cons

there is a disconnect between corporate and profit centers

Hajoca Corporation2019-07-16
  6. "Overall good company with pros of being privately owned and the cons"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Hajoca Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flat hierarchy, branches have the power to do what they want. I learned alot about the industry and supply chain operations in general. I feel like I had more opportunity to learn and get promoted here then at a larger corporation. The work environment was very laid back, but almost too much. Yearly profit sharing. Employee discounts. Branches able to adapt to regional changes quicker than top heavy corporations.

Cons

flat hierarchy, branches have the power to do what they want. Since there are hardly any corporate standards for how a branch conducts itself the branches take on the personality of their managers and sometimes that can be a bad thing. My branch manager never showed up to work until 11am, frequently went on golf and lunch outings, dipped in the office and spit puddles of dip on the warehouse floors. Yelling... profanity at vendors was common practice and it created kind of an uncomfortable hostile environment. I was actually coached to jump down people's throats if they made a mistake which is not my management style at all. Having a laid back atmosphere with no rules is nice sometimes, but when you need to get work done to meet deadlines and it's time to put the big boy shorts on it's hard not to lose drive when the environment you work in is so unprofessional and your leaders are not even out of bed yet. So, it all depends on your branch manager really. You might get a professional one you might not. And the profit sharing is nice, but it is more of a disappointment when you realize half of it is taken by taxes because it is a "bonus". I would rather have that money built into my salary. After gaining experience here I realized that I could actually take home more money at other places that paid a smaller total income, but did not include a heavily taxed bonus.

Advice to Management

I know there were a lot of cons, but this is actually the best job I've ever had. I wish that I had started out my career here. I would have gained much more experience early on. That being said every business has its drawbacks and this place is no exception. My only advice is to keep a closer ear to the streets as to how professionally your offices are being ran. There's a lot more productivity to be had out there.

Hajoca Corporation2019-07-15

"A Great Company That Cares About Its Teammates"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Autonomy Great Culture Work-Life Balance Company Invests in Employee Development Accessible Leadership

Cons

If you are someone that likes a lot of oversight, this is not the place for you; help and training are always available, but teammates are expected to be resourceful, think critically, and solve problems.

Hajoca Corporation2019-06-18

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Learning Technology Administrator in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company values team members, working hard, kindness, and ethics. They provide the opportunity to create your own future and continuously learn. It is a rare combination of entrepreneur spirit and teamwork. The CEO is wonderful and spends most of his time teaching, coaching, training, and supporting team members.

Cons

I don't have any cons, but this company is very flat and focused on the many profit centers, so some things may take longer or require consensus than a typical tops-down corporate hierarchy.

Advice to Management

Keep on the path of updating technology and modernizing systems. This reaps benefits that go beyond immediate efficiencies. Continue to provide learning opportunities for all team members, as this increases job satisfaction. Seek new ideas from the new college graduates and younger team members for ideas to generate excitement in the next generation for our business.

Hajoca Corporation2019-06-12
  9. "Good overall"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hajoca Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are good. Training opportunities.

Cons

If you have a bad center manager, things get rough.

Hajoca Corporation2019-05-23
  10. "Review"

Current Employee - Management Development Program in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

family environment. Helpful people. Solid Management

Cons

Can be slow to fix problems and keep employees updated

Hajoca Corporation2019-05-17