Hajoca Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Rick Fantham

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Also, we participate in profit sharing which mean we get a portion of the profit from our own branch - great way to motivate (in 31 reviews)

• Profit Center Manager is 100% in charge of the store (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Must be in a profitable PC (branch) to grow income with profit sharing (in 15 reviews)

• Zero communication from Upper Management to the Profit Center workers (in 12 reviews)

1. "Total deception"

Former Employee - Class A CDL Delivery Driver in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Class A CDL Delivery Driver in Houston, TX

I worked at Hajoca Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very dynamic job, plumbing industrie very exiting ,

Cons

No chance for advance, No time for lunch if you are a driver, If you are not driving you have to pick up orders, load or unload , stack , clean . The thing is make you feel you are a slave .

Advice to Management

Very disappointment, Hajoca's philosophy is , " You are a family " But its not Hajoca's problem . Its the manager at that time .

2. "Manager"

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great structure, family like atmosphere, high potential, fabulous corporate structure

Cons

Growth opportunities for profit center team members is minimal

Advice to Management

Promote within more, outsourcing discourages hard working loyal hajoca team members

"Good atmosphere"

I worked at Hajoca Corporation full-time

Pros

You got to do a little bit of everything and everyone was treated equally and well

Cons

Not a lot of room for career growth

4. "Work Hard and be Rewarded"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No Corporate Bureaucracy. Free to make decisions. No limit on what outside sales can make (commission)

Cons

Corporate costs on branches are high. Must be in a profitable PC (branch) to grow income with profit sharing. PC's can be understaffed to keep costs low.
    Wonderlic test they require is not realistic in hiring.

Advice to Management

Drop the wonderlic test for hiring. Just use on your new management trainees.

5. "Great fit for me. Great company."

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Transparent. Clearly defined philosophy. Dedicated people.

Cons

This culture will not fit everyone. You must be able to work independently and take on responsibility.

"PC Worker"

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Our Customer's are Great to work with and helping them come up with a Solution
    to their current Project makes you feel good at the end of the day.

Cons

Zero communication from Upper Management to the Profit Center workers. There seems to be a Large degree of separation from Corp to the actual PC where the actual work is being done and profit is being created. Very sad situation .

Advice to Management

Talk to us, we are humans too !!

"Wonderful Company"

I worked at Hajoca Corporation full-time

Pros

It is a really great place to work that respects it's employees.

Cons

Sometimes the expectations are not abundantly clear.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. Your hiring process clearly works well

8. "Great company"

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time

Pros

Great work life balance. Great benefits. Profit sharing.

Cons

Can be somewhat stressful. Where many hats

9. "A good company to work for"

I have been working at Hajoca Corporation full-time

Pros

-Profit sharing possibilities
    -Ability to make changes without having to fight the bureaucracy
    -Don't have levels upon levels of managers

Cons

-Not much upward mobility potential (due to flat structure)
    -Very few, if any, raises
    -Toilets aren't exactly a sexy industry

Advice to Management

I know raises fly in the face of the low-overhead mindset, but a basic 2-3% annual raise, just to keep up with the ever increasing cost of living, would be huge.

"Don't drink the Kool-Aide"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Hajoca Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learn to do a lot. Prepare to wear a lot of hats. Have to be self-sufficient or you won't make it. Sink or swim environment.

Cons

Pay is less than most industry standards. They want everybody to be a college grad but don't want to pay them what they are worth. I was hired to be inside sales and ended up working the majority of my day, around 65% of the day, in the warehouse/counter, helping customers, loading their trucks, picking orders, basically doing warehouse work even though I was inside sales.
    Manager sat around and did nothing all day. Majority of what the manager did was surf Facebook, brag about his life to everyone. Expected employees to bend over backwards and pick up the slack. Would blow-up over a fitting being pulled wrong.

Biggest scam in the company is the profit sharing system. Hajoca, the parent company, takes 14% for every dollar of inventory stock on your shelf. They call this the "investment charge." Basically they dangle a carrot on a stick and say if you earn profit sharing you can change your life, earn more above your base pay, etc. The profit sharing checks are grossly taxed almost to the point where you only get about half of what you are originally awarded. I was with the company for almost 4 years and only received profit sharing one year. Only way most branches make profit sharing is by being grossly understaffed and getting the brightest, smartest, most capable people and paying them peanuts to do everything.

The only people reaping the benefits of this model is the corporate individuals at the top of the Hajoca Ponzi Pyramid. Simply put, Hajoca Corp takes .78 cents for every profit sharing dollar you make. Then the rest is given to the branch. Branch managers then take up to 30% of whats left of that. The crumbs are then left to the employees. Basically its a business model that can't lose money at the corporate level.

Not to mention the industry is withering and dying and there is no young blood. Even though Hajoca Corp has a management development program. All this means is they recruit naive college grads eager to find a job and then put them through a 3 year training program and send them where ever they see fit. Then after the end of it they put them in charge of a branch, in most cases, is hemorrhaging money and has been mis-managed for the last decade. Then everyone they manage resents them cause they are being managed by a 27 year old after most of the people working at these branches have been there for decades. People stagnate in this industry because they feel comfortable and aren't willing to challenge themselves.
    No recruitment from within, very low percentile of that happening.
    Everyone has a mentality that you can't get further, or better than they were at. Average demographic of this industry is your 55+ year old Bill the Plumber, who's papi was a pipe fitter and his papi before him. Or an illegal immigrant that doesn't speak english.

Some of the customers were the dumbest people I had to deal with. Pipe, Valves, Fittings, and Plumbing have been around since the Roman era. Do something more innovative/progressive with your life. Trust me you won't regret it.

Advice to Management

Learn to identify the people at the branch levels that have potential and recognize it. Regional managers need to take a more hands on approach to the branches success and failures.