Hall & Company Reviews

4.2
Hall & Company Managing Director Bradford Hall, CPA
Bradford Hall, CPA
  1. COVID-19

"Working through the state lockdown with Covid-19"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Hall & Company full-time

Pros

Working from home has its challenges but overall we are all getting through this tough times as a cohesive team of professionals. There is total support from our administration department to make sure everyone can do our projects remotely.

Cons

Working from home has its challenges. Sometimes when the internet is slow it takes way too long for files to load. It is definitely not as fast as being in the office.

"Worst experience"

1.0
    Former Employee - Tax

I worked at Hall & Company full-time

Pros

Their compensation was pretty good.

Cons

So much drama and not helping each other.

3. "Not bad"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Hall & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work life balance after busy season

Cons

401 k needs improvement

4. "Perfect Work Environment"

I have been working at Hall & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly Colleague; High quality company with high standards of care for workers; Very collaborative culture

Cons

No Cons based on my experience

5. "Great place to start your career in public accounting"

I have been working at Hall & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Team environment. The partners actually care about their team (and their families). 2. Work-life balance is a top priority. 3. Every opinion or idea matters.

Cons

Just like other accounting firms, it's busy during busy season.

6. "Audit Staff"

I have been working at Hall & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are very nice to work with and always willing to help you whenever you have questions. Each employee will have a mentor to meet with regularly to discuss improvements or any concerns Half day Friday off Constant training for career development

Cons

None up till now I could think of

Continue reading
  7. "Great Company to Grow Your Career"

I have been working at Hall & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Open door policy. Management and everyone are willing to help. - Various clients in different industries will help you to grow a lot. - Breakfast/fruits everyday. - Paid Half day Fridays during non busy season. - Overtime pay offered. - Dinner provided during busy season.

Cons

Informal training and you need learn during the work.

"Great company, Great people"

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Hall & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great place to start and grow your career. The company places a high value on employees and encourage them to learn, grow and innovate. Employees are able to expand capabilities into specialty areas such as SALT, R&D, and ITax. There are also a lot of learning opportunities and on the job coaching. I love the people I work with, they are all professional, caring, and dynamic.

Cons

Working in the office is mandatory.

Continue reading
  9. "Wonderful place to start your career"

Current Employee - Tax Associate

I have been working at Hall & Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

- All managers, principals, and directors have open door policy, which is great for staff and seniors. - Trainings are provided during off-seasons and CPE credits can be earned. Lunch will be provided as well. - All-hands meetings are held every month so that everyone in the company is aware of the overall operational situation of the company. - Tax returns have all levels, and staff have great opportunities to learn from the real world. - Brad always brings in breakfast; snacks, fresh fruits, coffee and tea are always available in the kitchen. - Half-day Friday is available during off-season and fully paid as long as 90% billable goal is met. - Free yoga class is offered almost every month. - Work-life balance: busy season billable hour goal is 50-55 hours / week on average. - Mid-year and end-year bonus; also when you pass CPA exam. - Lots of fun events during off-season. - Jeans are allowed in the office. - Wonderful and friendly people!

Cons

- CPA study related fees are not reimbursed. - Staff have fewer opportunity to have direct communication with clients.

Continue reading
  10. "Great Culture & Growth Opportunities"

Former Employee - Audit Associate in Irvine, CA

I worked at Hall & Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Open door policy is amazing for inexperienced hires. Management and people at all levels are always willing to help solve a problem or train you. - Opportunities to gain experience in all areas of the audit early in your career. - Wide range of different clients in different industries that will give you exposure to a lot of different people, business strategies and accounting topics. - Firm has nearly doubled in size since I started working there, lots of room for growth and to get in early at an expanding firm. - Both Tony (Audit Partner) and Brad (Managing Director) are great guys, knowledgeable, hard workers, easy to talk to, and care about your career and well-being. - Brad brings in breakfast/snacks majority of days. - Most every manager and up on the Audit side has had big four / top ten accounting firm experience and are well knowledged. - Firm events are really fun, everyone is down to earth and willing to work hard and play hard. Feels like you are part of a family. - Half day Fridays during non busy periods in the Summer are fully paid if you are salaried (registered CPA). - Free yoga 1-2 times a month in office and a small gym to use in office. - Overtime pay offered if you are a Non-CPA. - Bonus once you pass the CPA.

Cons

- Workload was high as we were understaffed during my first busy season, audit side appeared to be better staffed to manage busy season workloads when I left. - Informal training, mostly on the job. - Half day fridays are unpaid if you do not work the full 8 hours as a Non-CPA. - Firm does not pay for CPA study materials or CPA registration fees for CPA tests. - Working in the office is fairly mandatory if you are not at a client site, not as flexible work hours - old school 9-6. - Some clients can be very messy to audit - but messy audits will help you learn.

Found 23 reviews