Hall & Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Vanella Jackson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great people, great ideas, always being pushed to learn and grow" (in 11 reviews)

• "Really good benefits package that will make most of your friends jealous" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Understaffed - work-life balance is causing people to leave due to spending more days finishing late than on time" (in 10 reviews)

• "Long hours - people working at H&P don't have much of a life" (in 13 reviews)

"Office Manager - PowerPoint Specialist"

I worked at Hall & Partners full-time

Pros

Hall & Partners is one of the best places to work. Great People.

Cons

got laid off after 13 years - only con

Advice to Management

Keep the people who are loyal and good.

"Mixed Bag of Feelings"

Current Employee - Analyst/Senior ANalyst
    Current Employee - Analyst/Senior ANalyst

I have been working at Hall & Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has gone through a lot of changes in the past 2-3 years. It’s reflected in the work and you will learn a lot here from start to finish. This job is not for you if you don’t like being a project manager, detail oriented, quick thinking...
    Depending on team, manager, and client you will have a different experience here than a coworker. God forbid you’re put on a high revenue project with multiple streams and teams. It will be boring work that nobody wants to do...cough cough Amex
    Overall not a bad place to start your career in market research.

Depending on team can be flexible, benefits are decent, unlimited snacks, and people are generally friendly

Cons

You will be severely underpaid doing so - unless you’re coming here as a manager and above. Analyst and Senior analysts (formerly known as account executives and senior account executives) make absolutely nothing and have little room for growth. It’s so top heavy here and you have to play favorites and be cliquey to become a manager or director and above. Also we didn’t get bonuses this year. Raises in the past have been a joke. What’s the point of staying here making trinkets when you can do the same kind of work somewhere else with more money in your bank account...

Your thinking is going to be limited AF. All you will learn is brand and ad continuous or wave trackers. Maybe a copy test or an A&U or a segmentation at most. Never too much experience in analytics or anything truly consultative or insightful especially when you’re doing boring tasks as an analyst/senior analyst (the crap
    managers and directors don’t wanna deal with). After years of experience here, I know my chances are high of going to Ipsos, TNS, or Millward Brown and comparatively low outside of that.

Stay long enough and this place with its people and processes will drain your damn soul.

Advice to Management

Promotions should be based on merit, stop playing favorites. Retain your talent by paying analysts/senior analysts or cut the long hours otherwise you will lose the people doing all the work nobody wants to do
    CEO is delusional and out of touch with the business in all these attempts to make this place a “strategic brand consultancy powered by data and insights”

Apr 30, 2018 – People Manager

We are very sorry that this has been your experience with H&P. We strive to create a positive and fair workplace for all and we take the feedback and concerns of our employees to heart. We would like... More

"Calling H&P a “strategic brand consultancy” is fake news!"

I have been working at Hall & Partners full-time

Pros

None besides the extra week of vacation during Christmas time. Fake company. Has/had smart, friendly and dedicated employees but everyone is leaving and the people who haven’t left yet will soon we are miserable.

Cons

Where to begin? Everything. Salary for mostly everyone is INSULTING (which is one of the reasons everyone is leaving on top of staying late to do the work no one else wants to do ), promised bonuses taken away, insulting raises.

People were once happy here but those days are LONG GONE. The “strategic” business leaders are laughable, if they were strategic the business would not be performing so terribly, clients would still want to work with us if that were the case. They tell us there are no bonuses, real raises, and delayed promotions because there is not enough money. Well now that people are quitting left and right maybe it would be smart to use the money from their salaries to pay us what we deserve.

Advice to Management

Realize this is a crisis and do something about it. Figure out a way to keep the people you have, give us (your employees) who do boring work for hours on end the money, recognition and respect we deserve. Legit do anything besides what you are doing now.

May 11, 2018 – UK Head of People

We are very sorry to hear this has been your experience at Hall and Partners. We are keen to speak to you more about your thoughts above. A member of the People team would be very happy to speak to... More

4. "Great people & culture; salary not competitive enough"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hall & Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely hardworking intelligent individuals and a wonderful culture

Cons

Salary not competitive enough comparatively

Advice to Management

It would be nice if compensation was based on work ethic and skills instead of a structured timeline and salary designed to be exactly the same for every single employee

"Entry level employee"

I worked at Hall & Partners full-time

Pros

The people are very smart here. People come from diverse back grounds which makes it an interesting work environment. They have snacks and beverages along with bagel Friday every other Friday. Managers and directors are intelligent and helpful in explaining processes.

Cons

Unpredictable work hours. More often than not, hours are long. If you are coming in as an intern, beware, there is no guarantee of an employment and they will lie and tell you otherwise to make sure they get the most amount of work out of you. Communication is poor and expectations aren’t clearly defined. Opportunity for advancement is limited and seems favoritism plays a role.

Jan 19, 2018 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and the positive feedback related to our team and culture. We do pride ourselves on being transparent during the recruitment process and during one’s time here.

We are... More

6. "Partner"

I worked at Hall & Partners full-time

Pros

extremely creative environment and amazing people

Cons

not as agile to evolve with times as they could

Advice to Management

move beyond traditional research

"Entry Level"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Hall & Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are for the most part incredibly genuine, kind, and smart. You have lots of great, honest role models to learn from especially as an entry level employee.

We used to have lots of fun events that people actually wanted to attend, but the company culture has plummeted drastically in the past few months.

There's good vacation and benefits. Free snacks are a plus?

Cons

People are leaving and they aren't being replaced. Everyone who is left is drowning. It seems as if management is trying to restructure the company on a leaner model, but hasn't yet learned that it doesn't work.

The once fun, engaged environment that was Hall & Partners less than six months ago has vanished. People outwardly complain about being overworked, but their equally overworked supervisors have no control over such issues.

The company books outside speakers and training sessions, but no one has time to attend them anymore. Then when employees don't attend, they're scolded.

Communication is poor and employees learn about news regarding company success via rumors rather than proper communication channels. This causes a feeling of deceit. It seems every all office meeting turns into an argument about this.

Advice to Management

Everything you do is well intentioned, but we can't take advantage of any of it when we can't even finish our work. We're all over stressed, undervalued, and over worked. Hire more people or risk losing the ones you have left.

Oct 3, 2017 – People Manager

We are very sorry that this had been your experience and we are looking at solutions to the concerns you’ve raised. We would be happy to speak to any employee who has concerns and encourage them to... More

"Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Hall & Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Client work is engaging. Added responsibility from Account Exec role, helping you grow skillset. Opportunity to branch out from SAE role -> Ops, Account Management, Analytics. Ability to take direct ownership of projects from start to finish. Vacation time and benefits. Coworkers are fun and helpful, everyone on the same page and shooting for the same goal. Overall it is an excellent place to start a career.

Cons

Barrier to move into Account Manager role. I've seen more AM's get hired from the outside with client side experience. Tasks can get mundane and repetitive after a couple of years. Pay is not super great. Lack of transparency from upper mgmt. Constant shifting of teams and projects.

Advice to Management

Loop in lower level employees more often. Give clearer direction on roles and responsibilities from the get-go, don't let them formulate based on who has time.

"Account Executive, Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive, Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive, Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Hall & Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is vibrant and people generally get along. H&P is in the process of rebranding itself both internally and externally, so there have been a lot of engaging company-wide sessions in an attempt to change the culture globally. That said, accounts take priority and we often miss these sessions due to demanding client work.

Cons

Very (VERY) long hours due to under staffed accounts. Pay is also low. There's an unwritten expectation that you're always connected and available to work around the clock. Vacation time at H&P is generous, but there isn't much flexibility to take it.

Advice to Management

Need a better hold on account staffing and continue to stress work-life balance for employees/mid-managers. Also, employee training is a must, and it's often overlooked because we're "too busy."

10. "If you are passionate about consumer insights and brands...this is the place to be"

I have been working at Hall & Partners full-time

Pros

The people. Hate to be a cliche but the people at H&P are fantastic and I enjoy working and learning from my colleagues everyday/ Our people tea, do a very good job at hiring great talent that help infuse the office with energy and passion for the work we do.

I feel there is good communication from senior leadership and see action to drive the business towards our goals.

A true unicorn observation - I have seen the business turn down opportunities that are not a good fit. I believe this is healthy for many reasons, especially as apart of a long-term strategy.

Work-Life balance is often very good and flexible when needed

Vacation/Holidays

Cons

Because I feel like I should pick something. I would say that benefits are good but could be improved/additions made relative benefits at other corporations.

Advice to Management

Continue driving toward strategic goals, communicating to your broader team, and electing to decline business that does not benefit the organization long term.