Hall & Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Vanella Jackson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people who are committed to giving the bet to their clients (in 10 reviews)

• Really good benefits package that will make most of your friends jealous (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Understaffed - work-life balance is causing people to leave due to spending more days finishing late than on time (in 8 reviews)

• Long hours with no benefit for working that long (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A unicorn in the industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Hall & Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This industry can be filled with ego-maniacs and amateurs but H&P has somehow found the best of the best at all levels.The talent is smart and diverse and includes big thinkers and data gurus

Global opportunities are awesome. Offices everywhere!

Great reputation with clients and in the industry

The perks of being part of a holding company

Flexibility

Cons

H&P brand is going through a real evolution and it takes time and requires patience and trust

Technology could use a face lift. Macs!

Advice to Management

Encourage your teams to be "out there" in the industry so that H&P gets more presence and recognition. Look for talent in unusual places

2. "Office Manager - PowerPoint Specialist"

I worked at Hall & Partners full-time

Pros

Hall & Partners is one of the best places to work. Great People.

Cons

got laid off after 13 years - only con

Advice to Management

Keep the people who are loyal and good.

3. "Great people & culture; salary not competitive enough"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hall & Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely hardworking intelligent individuals and a wonderful culture

Cons

Salary not competitive enough comparatively

Advice to Management

It would be nice if compensation was based on work ethic and skills instead of a structured timeline and salary designed to be exactly the same for every single employee

"Entry level employee"

I worked at Hall & Partners full-time

Pros

The people are very smart here. People come from diverse back grounds which makes it an interesting work environment. They have snacks and beverages along with bagel Friday every other Friday. Managers and directors are intelligent and helpful in explaining processes.

Cons

Unpredictable work hours. More often than not, hours are long. If you are coming in as an intern, beware, there is no guarantee of an employment and they will lie and tell you otherwise to make sure they get the most amount of work out of you. Communication is poor and expectations aren’t clearly defined. Opportunity for advancement is limited and seems favoritism plays a role.

Hall & Partners Response

Jan 19, 2018 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and the positive feedback related to our team and culture. We do pride ourselves on being transparent during the recruitment process and during one’s time here.

We are... More

5. "Partner"

I worked at Hall & Partners full-time

Pros

extremely creative environment and amazing people

Cons

not as agile to evolve with times as they could

Advice to Management

move beyond traditional research

"Entry Level"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Hall & Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are for the most part incredibly genuine, kind, and smart. You have lots of great, honest role models to learn from especially as an entry level employee.

We used to have lots of fun events that people actually wanted to attend, but the company culture has plummeted drastically in the past few months.

There's good vacation and benefits. Free snacks are a plus?

Cons

People are leaving and they aren't being replaced. Everyone who is left is drowning. It seems as if management is trying to restructure the company on a leaner model, but hasn't yet learned that it doesn't work.

The once fun, engaged environment that was Hall & Partners less than six months ago has vanished. People outwardly complain about being overworked, but their equally overworked supervisors have no control over such issues.

The company books outside speakers and training sessions, but no one has time to attend them anymore. Then when employees don't attend, they're scolded.

Communication is poor and employees learn about news regarding company success via rumors rather than proper communication channels. This causes a feeling of deceit. It seems every all office meeting turns into an argument about this.

Advice to Management

Everything you do is well intentioned, but we can't take advantage of any of it when we can't even finish our work. We're all over stressed, undervalued, and over worked. Hire more people or risk losing the ones you have left.

Hall & Partners Response

Oct 3, 2017 – People Manager

We are very sorry that this had been your experience and we are looking at solutions to the concerns you’ve raised. We would be happy to speak to any employee who has concerns and encourage them to... More

"Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Hall & Partners full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Client work is engaging. Added responsibility from Account Exec role, helping you grow skillset. Opportunity to branch out from SAE role -> Ops, Account Management, Analytics. Ability to take direct ownership of projects from start to finish. Vacation time and benefits. Coworkers are fun and helpful, everyone on the same page and shooting for the same goal. Overall it is an excellent place to start a career.

Cons

Barrier to move into Account Manager role. I've seen more AM's get hired from the outside with client side experience. Tasks can get mundane and repetitive after a couple of years. Pay is not super great. Lack of transparency from upper mgmt. Constant shifting of teams and projects.

Advice to Management

Loop in lower level employees more often. Give clearer direction on roles and responsibilities from the get-go, don't let them formulate based on who has time.

"Account Executive, Senior Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive, Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive, Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Hall & Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is vibrant and people generally get along. H&P is in the process of rebranding itself both internally and externally, so there have been a lot of engaging company-wide sessions in an attempt to change the culture globally. That said, accounts take priority and we often miss these sessions due to demanding client work.

Cons

Very (VERY) long hours due to under staffed accounts. Pay is also low. There's an unwritten expectation that you're always connected and available to work around the clock. Vacation time at H&P is generous, but there isn't much flexibility to take it.

Advice to Management

Need a better hold on account staffing and continue to stress work-life balance for employees/mid-managers. Also, employee training is a must, and it's often overlooked because we're "too busy."

9. "If you are passionate about consumer insights and brands...this is the place to be"

I have been working at Hall & Partners full-time

Pros

The people. Hate to be a cliche but the people at H&P are fantastic and I enjoy working and learning from my colleagues everyday/ Our people tea, do a very good job at hiring great talent that help infuse the office with energy and passion for the work we do.

I feel there is good communication from senior leadership and see action to drive the business towards our goals.

A true unicorn observation - I have seen the business turn down opportunities that are not a good fit. I believe this is healthy for many reasons, especially as apart of a long-term strategy.

Work-Life balance is often very good and flexible when needed

Vacation/Holidays

Cons

Because I feel like I should pick something. I would say that benefits are good but could be improved/additions made relative benefits at other corporations.

Advice to Management

Continue driving toward strategic goals, communicating to your broader team, and electing to decline business that does not benefit the organization long term.

10. "A great place to work at"

I have been working at Hall & Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People who work here is very helpful and professional. Everyone is close to each other like a big family. Company promotes work life balance. I love the open office floor. I always get the support from my upper management. I am constantly learning at work. I will never get bored.

Cons

I want to get to know more people at work.

Advice to Management

They always listen. Keep supporting and keep listening.