What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits are good and if you work in the field they provided food and shelter." (in 550 reviews)
- "Good pay when oil prices are high" (in 361 reviews)
- "The people you work around are great people that will go well beyond to help you learn your job." (in 261 reviews)
- "Salary is good and acceptable" (in 173 reviews)
- "Training is good for ideal conditions and the co" (in 162 reviews)
- "bad management and organization skills" (in 244 reviews)
- "Long hours and a lot of work ( I expected this and have no problem with it)" (in 202 reviews)
- "No work Life Balance' Pay continues to be dropped seems on a monthly basis." (in 176 reviews)
- "Frequent layoffs due to oil and gas industry instability." (in 122 reviews)
- "They need to have more in place that keeps bad managers from stopping their employees growth." (in 91 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Halliburton and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 760 of over 6K reviews
Updated Sep 22, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "pay and benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Aug 15, 2020Hydraulic Fracturing Field EngineerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLittle Rock, AR
Company pays well. If you have limited education and willing to work long hours in harsh conditions you will be payed well.
Economic downturns and the fluctuations in the oil/gas market can leave you looking for a job.
- 5.0Mar 31, 2017Electronics Technician IIICurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsEl Reno, OK
I have worked for the company for 12+ years now. I love the people I work with either directly or indirectly. Many long hours but would even like more. Very good opportunities to travel both abroad and locally. Pay isn't that great at first but does go up quite a bit the longer you are willing to invest in the company.
Low starting pay, but goes up quickly if you put in the time.3