Hallmark Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Michael V. Sack

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Supervisor???? Title going to their head!!"

Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Melrose, MA
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Melrose, MA

I worked at Hallmark Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If it weren't for the Lab Business Manager I wouldn't have been there for any length of time.

Cons

Supervisor does not play an active role except for administrative idiot, seemed to be happiest writing staff up and very immature. Lacked Superv. skills. Quickly looked for any reason to get you out the door if they decide not to like you, or if one of the "favorites" doesn't like you.
     Too many times spent looking for the Supervisor (how many phone calls have to come into the Department asking "have you seen the Superv?' I felt more like a personal secretary than someone there for the care of the patient. ) because they were roaming the hospital hallways socializing usually found talking about themselves. Spends a lot of time surfing on the computer making travel arrangements for yet another vacation. I saw this most morning through their window as I stepped off the shuttle.
    Lacks accountability and does not support the staff. Usually found butting heads with those people they cant get rid all in earshot of staff and patients. Lots of finger pointing without actually having all the information.

Advice to Management

At one time there was a Lab Business Manager in the Department-HH had reductions and let them go. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! The LBM kept tabs-made the Supver. accountable for actions and offered skills like compassion, support for the staff. Seems that current Manager for the Suprv does not want to get too involved- Supervisor runs a muck on a power trip.

2. "Executive Leadership lacking"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Melrose, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Melrose, MA

Pros

Friendly atmosphere in many departments. Caring coworkers who work together. Nice not having to drive into Boston. Excellent care by some departments.

Cons

Senior Leadership has brought in some very destructive leaders who have literally ruined departments. Some excellent people have been forced out directly or indirectly and senior leaders aren't dealing with it.

Advice to Management

Admit when you've made a mistake and deal with it. You would be more respected!

3. "VNA RN"

Current Employee - RN in Malden, MA
    Current Employee - RN in Malden, MA

I have been working at Hallmark Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have some autonomy with schedule keeping in mind the needs of our valued patients.

Cons

In and out of the car throughout the day but that is part of the VNA job. Challenges that are part of this job include: finding patients location, parking, traffic. Other challenges include having to go to the lab to drop off specimens.

Advice to Management

Increase the rate of pay. Give the benefit of the doubt, decrease the amount of daily visit expectations to five (5) instead of the current (6).

4. "Patient Care Technician"

Current Employee - PCT - Float Pool in Melrose, MA
    Current Employee - PCT - Float Pool in Melrose, MA

I have been working at Hallmark Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work in the float pool as a PCT for Hallmark Health. I wanted to get a job while in nursing school that allowed me to gain the experience I need for my future career. Being a float is great. I have the privilege of floating to all different types of floors: psych, telemetry, general med-surg, surgical, ICU and even sometimes the special care nursery. I would consider Hallmark Health to be one of the highest paying companies when it comes to PCT salary in the Northshore area. Great place to work and gain a lot of experience!

Cons

The company definitely needs more staff, especially come holidays.

5. "Insurance Coordinator"

Former Employee - Insurance Coordinator in Salem, NH
    Former Employee - Insurance Coordinator in Salem, NH

I worked at Hallmark Health (More than a year)

Pros

Learning experience, friendly atmosphere, worked as a team

Cons

none that I can think of

"LPN Hallmark Health 101 Main St Medford"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Melrose, MA
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Melrose, MA

I worked at Hallmark Health (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked for 6 weeks at this job from March 2016 to May 2016. . I really loved it. The people are fabulous , great to work with. Nice atmosphere. Co workers so helpful. Office manager is awesome, fair, and manages to be very friendly as well. I can't stress enough how nice the people at this location are.

Cons

Sadly I was let go because I was unable to learn all I needed to know fast enough. The doctors do not give you a chance to learn each of their own preferences, keeping track of them and trying to learn the job in general. They have a computer system that I found difficult and I worked with EPIC for 10 yrs in 3 different places...

Advice to Management

Just give folks a chance. 6 weeks is not long enough to learn every single aspect of any job. I really loved it there and I felt very sad leaving. My last job in an Internal Medicine practice was for 10 doctors, a nurse practitioner and 2 PA's with myself and another LPN doing the upwork for all of them. ( shots, treatments, IV's, patient teaching etc) Plus we both had nurse visits every single day and ran flu shot clinics as well. It was as fast paced as it gets. The docs cut us some slack while we were learning. The job was busy, somedays it was downright difficult , but we got it all done and done right Give your next LPN a chance to learn. I would have learned it all and have done fine, given the chance. And one more bit of advice...do not throw someone in to work by themselves with a doctor until they feel 100% sure they can do it. It sets them up to fail.

7. "Sr. Medical Assistant"

Current Employee - Senior Medical Assistant in Melrose, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Medical Assistant in Melrose, MA

Pros

Experience, work life balance, respect

Cons

training, cross coverage, multiple offices

8. "Friendly"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Woburn, MA

Pros

Very helpful and easy-going atmosphere. Strong Management and head of department

Cons

Some work could get monotonous.

9. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Manager in Woburn, MA

I worked at Hallmark Health (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible and good work/life balance

Cons

compensation is not competitive. Volume continues to drop and financial outlook is unfavorable. I do not see how they can sustain the current situation

Advice to Management

need to market rate current jobs to be competitive with new hires

"Medical secretary"

Former Employee - Medical Secretary in Stoneham, MA
    Former Employee - Medical Secretary in Stoneham, MA

I worked at Hallmark Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hours,Good benefits
    Co workers were helpful when supporting staff was not.

Cons

Projects an attitude of superiority that turns off other employees.
    frequently criticizes others.
    Displays excessive negativity when working with others.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the bad employees. Be more of a manager then a friend.