Hallmark Territory Assistant Reviews | Glassdoor

Hallmark Territory Assistant Reviews

Territory Assistant

2.8
Hallmark Vice Chairman, President, and CEO Don Hall Jr.
Don Hall Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Retail Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Territory Assistant in Enfield, CT
    Former Employee - Territory Assistant in Enfield, CT

I worked at Hallmark (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome hours for moms, pay was ok, working with other RMs, store remodels,

Cons

Not enough hours, no insurance, no benefits, work by yourself most of the time, sometimes ignored by TA

Advice to Management

Answer phone when RM has questions

"territory assistant"

Former Employee - Territory Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Territory Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Hallmark part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great immediate supervisor very knowledgeable and very willing to spend time with you when you have questions, very competitive pay, learned a lot.

Cons

work load too demanding for hours allotted, very demanding clients, to hard to maintain retail merchandisers, tons of work wit little hours to complete the work.

Advice to Management

give your accounts more hours to preform their tasks.

"Pleasant job"

Current Employee - Territory Supervisor (Formally Known As Territory Assistant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Hallmark part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pleasant atmosphere, lots of trust from employer to employee. Work from home about 5 hrs a week, the rest is out in the field. Love working in different stores each work day. Professional job. Travel time and mileage given - over 15 miles and 20 min to and from your home. Under that is considered reasonable commute to work. Travel from account to account is paid 100% mileage and travel time. Flexible job, you work days /hours you want to.

Cons

Field employees do not receive discounts (unless you travel to Kansas City) or any perks whatsoever. No car allowance, no phone (we buy our own) . Only a $20 "communication fee" we can expense each month. We have to buy our own computer and even our own software to receive the excel spreadsheets we are expected to filter and work with. I've been here 9 yrs and hourly rate is $14.00.

Advice to Management

Show some love to the field personnel, in the same manner you do the home office employees. Field personnel management should receive "perks of the job" like a car allowance, (if not company car) , laptop, and a company cell phone. We need all these to do the job. When layoffs occur, consider performance in the equation of

4. "Territory Assistant"

Former Employee - Territory Assistant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Territory Assistant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Hallmark part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was my most favorite job ever. Lots a good stress. Great Territory Manager! I liked working with the Retail Merchandisers and other Territory Assistants in my area. They were all hard working people who would come together to execute huge store rebuilds. I also enjoyed the flexibility this job offered my schedule. Perks were you could take time off whenever you wanted and have someone cover your territory.

Cons

Compensation is not wonderful so there was always a challenge attracting top talent and then keeping them. You were required to work the day before and after most greeting card holidays.

Advice to Management

There is quite a bit of administrative information filtered to employees and not much payroll time allotted to review this. I had to be careful to ensure I wasn't "working off the clock" to read through everything. More realistic balance between administration and payroll would be helpful and encouraging.

5. "Diverse, great merchandising and training from a reputable company. Easy to work for."

Current Employee - Territory Assistant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Territory Assistant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Hallmark part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great communication from corporate and fun to merchandise product! Fun people to work with and value hard workers.

Cons

No full time opportunities or benefits are available.

Advice to Management

Continue to notice hard workers and work on some benefits like product discounts that are easy to obtain in a local environment.

"A lot of bs, little monetary and mental compensation"

Former Employee - Territory Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Territory Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hallmark part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mostly flexible hours, close to home

Cons

Very little pay, holiday hours required, no structured training program, constant change to company policies, high turnover

Advice to Management

Get rid of the middle management, have the merchandisers in charge of their own stores and increase their pay. Treat your employees better! Merchandisers do a lot of work and are treated like pe-ons. I was a Territory Assistant with 11 RMs. Not one of them enjoyed working for Hallmark

7. "Pretty Good"

Former Employee - Territory Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Territory Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Hallmark part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people, great to work with great part time job overall easy and laid back

Cons

Need to inform employees when management changes staff

"Stressful."

Current Employee - Territory Assistant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Territory Assistant in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Flexibility of hours for management. Being able to form relationships with people in your assigned stores.

Cons

Low pay. No benefits for part time. Part time positions need to be considered full time in that not enough hours are provided to complete assigned task.

Advice to Management

More recognition not just pins and cheesy wristbands. More help with WalMart store management issues who do not compromise with planning.

"Enjoyable Work"

Current Employee - Territory Assistant

I have been working at Hallmark part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best parts of this job are the people and the relationships built; immediate supervisor, Retail Merchandisers and the accounts we service. The tasks of the job are enjoyable and easy to perform, once the process is understood.

Cons

Although this is a Part-time position, with part-time pay and no benefits, full-time schedule availability is expected. Conflicting Corporate priorities and direction create issues in the field which then require extra time and effort to correct, with no additional consideration allowed within budgets to correct.

Advice to Management

Truly value the part of your Field Service Organization which is at the service delivery point. We have worked hard to be professional representatives of Hallmark for low pay and no benefits. We have built excellent relationships with your accounts, followed all your directives and struggled to do all of this inside of tightening time budgets. The most recent changes have left some top quality merchandisers in RMA positions or with no position at all, while some mediocre or struggling RMs have full or overloaded account lists. Hallmark will certainly survive and go on without us. But it is clear you do not value us or the quality of our work.

10. "satisfying"

Current Employee - Territory Assistant

Pros

Autonomy with direction, flexibility, wealth of info available.

Cons

Only p.t. positions for field associates.

Advice to Management

From my small part of the Hallmark world, it seems that changes are well planned and feedback is always welcomed.