Halloween City Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gerald C. (Gerry) Rittenberg

Pros
  • I've met some great people that are fun to work with, and my managers gave me the training to know i'm doing a good job (in 6 reviews)

• A very fun environment to work in (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay and long work day for General Manager (in 7 reviews)

• The customers can be jerks and you usually start off with minimum wage so there's a high turnover (in 7 reviews)

1. "Store Associate"

I worked at Halloween City part-time

Pros

Paid more when Halloween comes

Cons

Coworkers were not cooperative sometimes.

2. "Temp.Position"

I worked at Halloween City full-time

Pros

Great Experience, District Manager Armando was extremely professional, helpful and admirable.

Cons

The amount of training for a part time job is crazy. Towards the end it is hard to keep staffed.

Advice to Management

Hire, hire, hire.

3. "Assistant Manager"

I worked at Halloween City full-time

Pros

Great pay, & products, and the discount was pretty good too, and helping kids find there costume was pretty fun

Cons

Overworked, DRUG TEST BEFORE HIRING YOUR MANAGERS!!!!!!, my manager left with out training me and wanted me to train others and run the store and I didnt know how to run the register she never showed me or anyone else and the registers never worked they always shut down.

Advice to Management

Dont do drugs in front of your employees and be erratic with your emotions

5. "Sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Temecula, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Temecula, CA

I worked at Halloween City part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at halloween city,is a very pleaseant environment especially if you have no prior work experince,the customers are very friendly and working at halloween city allows you to have a flexible schedule.your co-workers are very professional and friendly,they will work with you.teach you how to be a professional sales associate as well as a great work ethic with customers as well

Cons

The cons of working at halloween city,they are only seasonal,so about two months there open and if your part time its hard to get more hours,unless you stress to your managers that you need the extra hours

Advice to Management

To the managers of halloween city.keep being friendly to your co-workers especially the new people who haven't been in retail or have no work experience.your doing a great job and dont over work yourself.

6. "Part time associate at Halloween City"

Former Employee - Hourly
    Former Employee - Hourly

I worked at Halloween City part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The customers are very enthusiastic about finding a fun costume which made helping them fantastic. As an employee, you get 30% off merchandise and usually fairly flexible hours. High school students have an opportunity to get experience and work in a friendly environment after school as well.

Cons

The duties you will be asked to perform while working as a part time associate are not conveyed up front. You will be asked to help set up stores if you get hired before October and if you stay on after October you will be asked to help disassemble stores and place the products into boxes to be shipped back to the warehouse. The physical labor of these tasks is not worth the minimum wage offered regardless of prior customer service experience. The hours and duties outside of working during normal store operating hours are strenuous and you may be asked to work without breaks or a lunch in a hot building. Many employees I worked with, including myself, became extremely ill after working a 10 hour shift while taking a store down.

Advice to Management

Control breaks, lunches, and clock in/outs in a more professional and reliable manner. Inform potential employees of the abnormal duties they may be asked to perform.

7. "great first job"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Buford, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Buford, GA

I worked at Halloween City part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you love Halloween you'll enjoy working here.

Cons

Pay is minimum, hours can be as well.

Advice to Management

Keep doing it.

8. "sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in West Valley City, UT

I worked at Halloween City (Less than a year)

Pros

being able to work with the public and helping seek new ideas. ive got experience in designing wigs so it was neat to put that to use. we was also able to wear the props while we worked.

Cons

i feel the only downside was that it was only a seasonal job.

9. "General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - General Manager in Sandy, UT

I worked at Halloween City full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere and we all felt like a family!

Cons

Training wasn't very good. And it's tough telling customers there's a no return policy.

Advice to Management

Have effective training

10. "Seller"

Pros

I don't think there is nothing good about this place. My manager was great. That's about it!

Cons

No enough hours. I was the only making sells. The store was a mess and the other people working there didn't seem to care.

11. "Interesting Company"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Stone Mountain, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Stone Mountain, GA

I worked at Halloween City (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good experience to get a start in retail. Good part time job for students.

Cons

Open the budget and hire early

Advice to Management

Don't wait until that last minute to hire people especially if you store is doing well