Hamilton Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Steven Hamilton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company provides adequate work/life balance for the majority of its employees (in 4 reviews)

• The work environment is mostly positive and the people that work at Hamilton are what make it great (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The turnover rate has become so bad they are having a very difficult time finding replacements (in 4 reviews)

• 401K match could be improved, but overall a good plan (in 3 reviews)

1. "Best employer in Reno"

Current Employee - Manufacturing in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Manufacturing in Reno, NV

I have been working at Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very stable company. Good pay. Good Benefits and they don't cost a lot ($17 a week). My boss is good and people are friendly.

Cons

Not much to say. Would be nice to have a cafeteria. Maybe a gym or showers? The benefits come as a package. Medical, dental, and vision all together. Maybe allow each to be purchased separately?

Advice to Management

More parking.

2. "Love Working Here"

I have been working at Hamilton full-time

Pros

Stable Company, great medical benefits, great people, privately held.

Cons

I am not sure what to say, but I would recommend Hamilton Company.

Advice to Management

Continue to look at ways to improve the employee experience including 401K, etc.

3. "Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Hamilton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great tuition reimbursement program for employees

Cons

401k match could be better

"The Wizard of Oz"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Hamilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is in an un-congested city...Reno, NV
    Lots of outdoor activities close

Cons

If you decide to work here you will be working for a dreadful owner and as a result unfortunately a dreadful company. The owner manages by intimidation and shortsightedness. This trickles down to the overall management team and of course then to the line workers. It becomes very difficult to hold onto your moral-fiber when an employee can not voice their opinion for fear of losing their job...
    And unfortunately over time (and this is very insidious) it becomes less troublesome and you just accept it. This is not an environment anyone should work in. I’ve heard the owner on several occasion say “this company is NOT a Democracy”...I’ll leave the rest of the statement out...hopefully you get the picture.

Advice to Management

Not much can be done in this case until the owner leaves...

5. "good company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, MA

I have been working at Hamilton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

a very good company. focusing on tasks, good engineering values are everyday practices.

Cons

there are no free coffee offered. employee must buy it.

Advice to Management

no advise at the moment

6. "Great company, great colleagues"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Hamilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hamilton is a great company. The work environment is mostly positive and the people that work at Hamilton are what make it great. Employees are supportive of one another and there is a strong collaborative teamwork atmosphere.
    I've worked at both privately-held and publicly-traded corporations in my career. The difference with Hamilton is that you can tell that the owner, Steve Hamilton, genuinely cares about the customers we serve and the employees. Decisions from management seem to made based on what is best for the customer now and in the future, not on quarterly sales numbers or stock price like in publicly-traded corporations.

Cons

Benefits like 401K could be improved.

7. "An Amazing Ride filled with life learning skills and Technology based Activity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Pros

I have been with Hamilton for over 2 decades. At Christmas the owner comes around to all 500 hundred employees and hands us a Christmas check. My boss gives everyone of us a hug and wishes us a Merry Christmas. She always joins us in our potlucks and is there for us if we need her. She listens to us and guides us when needed. She truly cares about our success rather than how she is portrayed to her peers.

Cons

It is difficult to pinpoint cons but as I read through some of the other comments I can say that the 401k can be greatly improved. Also our HR department has no privacy areas so I can talk about health benefit issues or whatever. The quality group and safety group have some arrogance that needs to be kept under check.

Advice to Management

Review benefits annually

"Unhealthy enviornment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I worked at Hamilton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Hours, Good Family Benefits

Cons

Poor Poor Poor management and leadership skills. Lack of communication. Cut throat environment. Poor Safety and regulations. Horrible H/R. They say they are equal opportunity, but that is not the case. Poor Finance Dept, Poor Customer Service Dept. Hateful mean, manipulative employees - Bullies everywhere from the Managers down.

Advice to Management

People fear for their job each and every hour. Do as I say not as I do attitude. Christmas and Summer party a joke. If your Senior Mgmt your not required to attend. There is no moral there. Just do your work, don't talk to others, don't learn from others. Management needs a huge changeover. Learn from Hamilton Medical, at least their the management is appreciative and happy. Computer system a joke, they don't want you to learn and grow or talk to others about the company. I see this going wrong very soon.

9. "Excellent"

Former Employee - Groundsman in Falmouth, MA
    Former Employee - Groundsman in Falmouth, MA

I worked at Hamilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and great people

Cons

Boss is a little stingey

"A bad place to work"

I have been working at Hamilton full-time

Pros

No traffic issues in Reno

Cons

Wow, I noticed more people are coming out of the shadows to voice a real opinion about working at Hamilton Company. I am one of them. I was so paranoid about them having the ability to somehow track the review back to me I was afraid to write a review. That’s how bad it is here. As others have advised I would also advise any perspective employees to stay away from this company. The word bullying, cronyism and unethical have been used in other reviews. From my perspective, the descriptions are accurate. Also it is important to mention that the salary and hourly wage is below average, the benefits are horrible and the bonus percentages are absurd.

Advice to Management

From what I have seen they are intimidated by the owner. So advice would not work