Hammond Manufacturing Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Robert F. Hammond
1 Rating

1. "dog eat dog"

I have been working at Hammond Manufacturing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I suppose to pay is decent enough. It is a good amount of money, if only for a temporary job until you figure out something better to do.

Cons

-The other senior employees do everything they can to get ahead. Bordering on abusive to newer employees.
    -The management and supervisors have no real problem with this, and will often partake in mental/ emotional harassment of younger employees too. Seriously, it is like in the movies when a supervisor leans in and says they can fire you. It breaks my heart to see new workers treated like that.
    -I've even heard rumors of falsified calls to the police just to mess with employees the supervisors don't like.

Advice to Management

I'm usually against the idea of cameras to monitor the workers, but in this case it would be for their own good. Save for a few people (I wish I could at least name the good ones) the entire middle-management is basically like a mob.

2. "Terrible"

Current Employee - Welder in Guelph, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Welder in Guelph, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Hammond Manufacturing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing good about this dump

Cons

Lots and lots of potheads. Pill poppers, speed heads. It's a dive

Advice to Management

No advice needed. Obviously in the business of ripping off people and operating.under a crocadial grin. Place is a complete disaster waiting till happen. Hope you have lots of money for the lawsuits!!!!

3. "Excellent Summer Student Job"

Former Contractor - Summer Student in Guelph, ON (Canada)
    Former Contractor - Summer Student in Guelph, ON (Canada)

I worked at Hammond Manufacturing as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The Distribution Center had a laid back atmosphere, with little need for micro-managing. Individuals knew their roles and were expected to work independently to accomplish tasks. The other employees made working there a lot of fun. If you demonstrate quality work, they will invite you to come back next year. Was presented with opportunities for growth and training the longer I worked there.

Cons

Union policy would not allow summer students to work overtime. Repetitive tasks can become boring.

Advice to Management

Upper Management should consider transitioning to a Just-In-Time logistical model in order to reduce the ever-growing inventory stocks that are expensive to warehouse. Also might consider removing extremely old stock from the warehouse to further reduce inventory.

4. "positive experice"

Current Contractor - Weder Assembly in Guelph, ON (Canada)
    Current Contractor - Weder Assembly in Guelph, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Hammond Manufacturing as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

they will teach you on the job hands on and good training and pay.

Cons

i was a temp and got hired on full time but was laid off.
     it was great place