Hampton Inn Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Hampton Inn President & CEO Christopher J. Nassetta
Christopher J. Nassetta

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I live meeting new people and my job let's me do this (in 36 reviews)

• Meeting new people everyday and the co-workers were great as well (in 26 reviews)

Cons

1. "Treated with discrimination"

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Ocala, FL

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved the coworkers and the environment

Cons

Poor training system. Manager didn't train me. And I got fired after my 2nd week which was my first week of actually training at the front desk without a warning and a talk. She just flat out fired me. I was very upset and disappointed with the outcome and how the manager handled the issue.

Advice to Management

YOU TRAIN YOUR NEW EMPLOYEES AND DONT FIRE THEM IMMEDIATELY UNLESS IT INVOLVES DOMESTIC VIOLENTS OR STEELING. GIVE THEM A WARNING AND A SECOND CHANCE AND DONT FIRE THEM IMMEDIATELY!

2. "Bad Management"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Hampton Inn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I do like meeting new people and the co-workers. The shuttle driving is also nice. Definitely a promising place to work. Just needs new management.

Cons

Management has no idea how to run the hotel. 12 hour shifts and still no one to work. Having to pull 17 hour shifts to make the hotel run. I don't recommend this hotel. The brand is nice just not this one.

Advice to Management

Remember what employees tell you and please hire more people. There is a reason the turnover is so high.

3. "Dead End Job"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Kokomo, IN
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Hampton Inn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The discounted travel is a huge perk of working for Hilton.

Cons

No opportunities for advancement. At my particular location all the management staff will not blink an eye to toss you under the bus, even when you do everything by the book.

Advice to Management

Be a leader not a boss. The way my boss talks to me; I am amazed as to how she ever got a career in the hospitality industry.

4. "General Manager"

Former Employee - General Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - General Manager in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hilton Brand, great staff, great morals, great outlook.

Cons

Hampton and Hilton are wonderful .... This specific Property horrible .... Terrible upper management RDO

Advice to Management

Do not allow Upper management to hire family!

5. "Front desk"

Current Employee - Front Desk
    Current Employee - Front Desk

I have been working at Hampton Inn part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount hotel rooms, free breakfast. I don't have any more pros, but I'll keep writing because of the 20 word minimum.

Cons

Management and executive housekeeper are rude. People above me would get rude with me when I didn't know how to do something while I was new. Two of three managers have no idea how to use a computer- I had to teach one how to use a scanner. Constant housekeeping complaints- the rooms are GROSS. "Training" is sitting in front of a computer for a week and being expected to know how to use the system perfectly. They explain nothing and get mad when you don't understand something. One manager is a raging, senile alcoholic who should have retired ten years ago. One has only worked there for six months and didn't know we were allowed to take lunch breaks (nice guy though). The GM is always screaming and needs a Xanax. Exec housekeeper is usually emailing on her phone or computer.

We did not get lunch breaks or even 15 min breaks. Taking breaks was frowned upon. I'm considering reporting them to some sort of labor office.

Advice to Management

Honestly? Quit being jerks. Actually explain things to your employees, and don't get mad when they don't understand something they haven't learned about. Give your employees breaks during an 8 hour shift. There's a reason you get so many customer complaints. It's because you give bad service.

6. "Horrible Managment"

Former Employee - Breakfast Attendant in Waco, TX
    Former Employee - Breakfast Attendant in Waco, TX

I worked at Hampton Inn part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free breakfast. Other than that there is no pros to this job under the management that was there.

Cons

The General manager treated me horribly . She would constantly belittle me in front of customers and other employees. The my manager as a breakfast attendant wouldn't stick up for me and then to top it off was uncaring when it came to ADA rules and both the general manager and the kitchen manager ignored the fact that I was threatened and physically assaulted by employee's. No one want to help me or cared that I was treated this way.

Advice to Management

Dear General Manager, get some people skills. You treat people like they are less than and expect them to respect you well they don't. Kitchen Manager, you are a horrible manager that should have taken the time to help your employees but instead you would stand there and watch us struggle. You should have helped me that day when I came to you instead to just was as bad as the General manager that day. Both of you turned your back when I needed help and I will never understand why.

7. "Great place to work if you like drama & chaos."

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Lebanon, TN
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Lebanon, TN

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meet lots of awesome people.

Cons

Management hard to contact if there are guest issues. One instance Manager wouldn't leave his online shopping to take care of a guest that had a family emergency. A specific employee would rather get in everyone's business and stalk co-workers instead of doing her job.

Advice to Management

Put a stop to the employee drama and live by the Hampton Guarantee... " You'll always have high-quality and consistent accommodations and amenities. Plus, you can count on friendly, helpful service and so much more. Guaranteed. If you're not satisfied, we don't expect you to pay. That's our commitment and your guarantee. That's 100% Hampton®."

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Durham, NC

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no pros.

Cons

The management is not good at all . The pay is horrible . They have to keep hiring because they do not take care of their employees.

Advice to Management

Hired real Managers . Someone that knows how to lead .

9. "kitchen cook"

Current Employee - Kitchen
    Current Employee - Kitchen

I have been working at Hampton Inn part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not to much to say I like my job but hate the way they treat people there.

Cons

We never get a raise

10. "Front desk"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, TX

I worked at Hampton Inn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

met a lot of interesting guests and a lot of times if I was down they made me smile and feel better

Cons

the management there was horrible and unorganized